• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Choice Users

TerraTF

Is Not A Moderator
Reaction score
There are 3 Choice Items in the game today, with two being used on almost every team, being Scarf and Band. So what is your favorite Pokemon to use for each Choice Item?

For me it would be Scizor for Band and Rotom-W for Scarf. Banded Scizor is easily the hardest hitting Pokemon in OU, while Scarf Rotom-W already has a pretty nice Special Attack stat so toss a Scarf on it and it can outspeed most Base 115 Speed Pokemon. I don't really use Specs too often but it would probably be either Keldeo or Chandelure.

For the Band it would be my Shiny 6IV Sawk, he plays it so well with it, it also has Sturdy which is nice part about it, it allows it to OHKO set up Azumarills and other things like it.

For the Scarf it would be Chandelure, it outspeeds almost everything, and kills fast.

Like you, I don't use Specs, if I did I would use it on Deoxys-S or D

I just feel that Specs is just not as good as Band or Scarf. Plus Pokemon that Specs would be good on run items like AV, Weakness Policy, Life Orb, or Expert Belt. I don't think I've seen a Specs Pokemon the entirety of XY.

I just feel that Specs is just not as good as Band or Scarf. Plus Pokemon that Specs would be good on run items like AV, Weakness Policy, Life Orb, or Expert Belt. I don't think I've seen a Specs Pokemon the entirety of XY.

I agree, it's just not good, compared to the other Items out there. Plus not many Pokes can use it well, both make this item fairy bad (but not useless).

I like to use Banded Lopunny. I had a Band on Infernape, too, but it makes him harder to use. For Lopunny, it comes in much more useful~

For Scarf, I've recently had success with Meinshao, but it was also good on Diggersby when I ran that.

And I love using Specs Whimsicott; it is a killer. Also ran it on Meowstic for a while and it was pretty good~

I use Choice Band on my Azumarill, I had bred for Aqua Jet but forgot about Belly Drum so I just stuck with it. Sometimes I give it to my Gallade, if it gets a boost from Justified then even better. I sometimes give Scarf to my Medicham if I'm using something else as a Mega. I usually favor Life Orb over Choice Specs as it offers a good boost without sacrificing versatility, but I agree that Chandelure would make for a good Specs user.

Ah yes @Apawn scarfed Chandelure... :bawl:

I gatta go w/ Scarf Darmanitan!

Hold this 180 BP, Sheer Force Boosted, 140 Base Attak, Sun Boosted Flare Blitz for me!
The Power!!!!!!

I don't realy use Choice items as I personally despise don't like items that hinder you in some way unless you can avoid their hindering effects like you can avoid Life orb's recoil with Magic guard, so the closest I'll get to the Choice items is either the Muscle band/Wise glasses or putting one on a 'mon with trick.

I love choice Infernape. Iron Fist as an ability means his attacks hit hard.

He could also be a good lead. I run U-Turn, and he outspeeds most leads that set up rocks or spikes.

I'm always partial to Scarf Froslass. Fast Ice Beam is always handy, and you can usually pull off Trick+Spikes without a lot of trouble

Banded Azumarill has been in my team a lot. Still packs massive power despite the lack of Belly Drum. Although I finally just used Scizor for the April Friendly and his power is damn high too. Infernape and Pangoro are my other candidates.

I usually throw the Scarf on a lot of other things like Magnezone, Chandelure, Gallade, Braviary, Hydreigon, Pangoro again, and Rotom.

Finally while Specs does get the least usage, having it on things like Analytic Magnezone and a Chandelure in sunlight can provide surprising results.

Specsploud is one of my homeboys, and Scarf Hydreigon and Band Sharpedo are used on my gym team from time to time.

I love Specs Chandelure, a timely Flash Fire boost can let Fire Blast reduce even things that resist it to ash, and Shadow Ball is more spammable than ever.

In the Band department, I have much love for Staraptor. Brave Bird everything works every time.

I've been playing around with Scarf Gallade, and it's a lot of fun. Fast, powerful Close Combats are always nice, but a fast Destiny Bond can be a game changer.

I'm recently having some success with Scarfed Mismagius. Invest in SpAtk and HP, and you have a Rotom-W counter, whereas Mismagius' movepool is so vast that it can hit absolutely anything at least neutrally, which allows for effective late-game clean-up.
Also note that it is being tested out on a team into which I have crammed a Vanilluxe (which I use because I can), so it can probably be even better. :D

In the Band department, I have much love for Staraptor. Brave Bird everything works every time.

Seconded. I probably prefer scarfed staraptor, though. Its a powerhouse either way. I generally just like scarves, I think.

I also run scarf on zoroark, which is nice for tricking things, as well as generally revenge killing. Scarf rotom does that too, which I use sometimes, but I prefer defensive sets on rotom, and also zoroark has the element of surprise.

I run specs jolteon sometimes, which can outspeed and revenge kill most things which aren't scarfed. It's a nice option for a bit more power.

Generally speaking, I run scarf on a lot of things, but don't use band or specs so much.

I always like throwing a scarfed Medicham or Luxray on my teams; they would have to be my favorites if I had to choose. But I've also found that specs Salamence is pretty effective since most people don't expect the special 'Mence, let alone a hydro pump from one.

Out of the three Choice items, I think Choice Specs is the one I use most often.

Strong special attackers like Hydreigon and Goodra with a wide special movepool can use a Choice Specs very effectively in my opinion.

My favorite Choice Specs user must be Galvantula, as it can smash through a lot of things with its accuracy boosted Thunder. While most Galvantula run Sticky Web, I really find a Choice Specs boosted Thunder and Bug Buzz quite devastating.

As for the Choice Band, I like to use Cinccino, which also hits hard with its Skill Link ability.

Choice Scarf is generally one of the best items in the game if you ask me, due to the big surprise factor, which can turn the table completely.
My favorite Choice Scarf users must be Gallade and Chandelure, which both have a decent 80 base speed stat paired with high attack and special attack stats respectively.

Gallade and Chandelure are also two Pokémon, which can run various different movesets, which also makes them more unpredictable and that way boosting their potential of using the Choice Scarf effectively. Especially Gallade benefits from this, as Choice Scarf Chandelure is relatively common.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom