• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Dragon type

Rayquaza gotta love him he's never let me down. Plus he's the first legendary that I caught using a regular pokeball not only that but I caught him right off the bat. He's been in my team ever since. He also has the leaf crown. He's my heavy hitter with an attack stat at 399

Im gonna go with my boy Rayquaza! I dont know what it is about Rayquaza but he has a very special place in my heart.

Very Strong honorable mentions are: Mega Charizard X, Tyrantrum and Hydregion!!
I'm with you rayquaza is a very special pokemon to me he has carried me through some tough battles over the years making him my most dependable pokemon. Idk what I would do without him. He's the strongest pokemon I have. His attack is 399. I have him hold a dragon plate to power up dragon claw it's almost always a 1 hit KO

I'm with you rayquaza is a very special pokemon to me he has carried me through some tough battles over the years making him my most dependable pokemon. Idk what I would do without him. He's the strongest pokemon I have. His attack is 399. I have him hold a dragon plate to power up dragon claw it's almost always a 1 hit KO

Rayquaza is another favorite with mine because it looks fantastic and is powerful. I got two with 438 atk power (504 in mega). I taught the second one, which is shiny, Iron Head to counter Rock, Ice and Fairy types.

Rayquaza is another favorite with mine because it looks fantastic and is powerful. I got two with 438 atk power (504 in mega). I taught the second one, which is shiny, Iron Head to counter Rock, Ice and Fairy types.
Mine is a regular rayquaza but he did find 5 shiny leaves and got the leaf crown so I guess he's unique in that way

Non legendary:

Noivern
Flygon
Hydreigon

Legendary:

Latios
Reshiram
Dialga

Salamence because I like the design and its stats.

Out of all primary Dragon-type Pokémon, my favourite is a bit of a toss-up between Dragonair and Dragonite. Their designs are both so amazing, and it's neat that they look so different despite being in the same evolutionary family.

If we count secondary Dragon-types, then Kingdra is my favourite by far, which I actually consider to be my favourite Water-type. Despite this fact, I've yet to train a Kingdra in any Pokémon game, as my inability to easily evolve it (mostly due to a lack of local friends) often means I'm stuck with Seadra, though it itself is a good Pokémon.

Legendary- and Mythical-wise, my top pick is probably either Zekrom or Dialga. Each of them has one of my favourite types as its secondary, and their designs are awesome to behold. :LOL:

Dragalge for me. And I'm not excluding legendary Pokemon for that.
Adaptability Draco Meteor isn't fun to be on the receiving end of, if you're not a Fairy type. And even if you are, there's probably a similarly boosted Sludge Wave with your name on it. It looks pretty cool too.

Charizard, just 'cause of how much I like it and how hyped I was when its Dragon-type Mega Evo was revealed.

Garchomp's my favorite full-time Dragon-type.

Kyurem and Giratina are tied for 3rd.

Giratina - backstory, Distortion World, typing, appearance, mascot of my favorite game. I don't dislike anything about it.

Goodra. I adore just how friendly its disposition is despite its type, strength, and status as the 6th Generation's Pseudo. You wouldn't know it just by the appearence :3 The time I've spent playing with my own has been a great deal of fun, too. The stat distribution is a favorite of mine as someone who likes to play with Special Attacks and Tanks, and even just playing in Amie is nice because of that amazing model quality and cute animations.

Last edited:
Giratina is my favorite. I love the design and I liked having it on my team in Platinum.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom