• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Dragon type

In no particular order:

Rayquaza is probably The Legendary Dragon Pokemon and is also probably the most classically cool one, but Giratina is probably a close second due to the inherent spookiness of it and the reputation of being the pokemon equivalent of Satan.

Goodra and Latias are both adorable and Latias was actually one of my favorite pokemon for a while.

Garchomp is a pokemon I've only recently started to like a lot and Gabite is actually a pre evo pokemon I've liked a lot for a while.

Flygon has always had a special place in my heart and like many people I think it is one of the main pokemon still in need of a mega.

Since I've loved Ampharos as one of my top favorite pokemon for years it only makes sense for me love Mega Ampharos, though I don't like it as much as the original.

A new one that I already really love is Alola Exeggutor. What a hilarious dragon!

I love how both Exeggutor and Ampharos have very shaky reasoning for being dragons. Game Freak is so funny sometimes.

010b52db1b9fbdf1cd3cbc3c1865f768b65f334c_00.gif

For me, Turtonator hands down.

Salamence - it looks simplistic yet cool, has a good Speed and hits hard. Really dislike its Mega, though, since it is both ugly and overpowered.
Haxorus - has a cool-looking Shiny and gets Mold Breaker to deal with annoying Sturdy Pokemon.
Latios - looks sleek and adorable and has a vast movepool and great Speed and Special Attack.
Reshiram - elegant and majestic and has a cool signature move in Blue Flare.
Other Dragon types I really like are: Flygon, Kindgra, Dragonite, Dragalge, Latias, Palkia, Giratina-Origin, Dragapult, Mega Altaria and Mega Charizard X.

Axew, because it is an adorable baby dragon!

On the competitive / viability side I like Garchomp and Dragapult most of all. Haxorus and Noivern are a close second. All four are cool as heck. I love their designs as well.

I also like Kommo-O quite a bit. I don't get the hate for this cool, good-looking Rasta-mon. It gives me a lot of reggae vibes, which I really dig. And I love dinosaurs so...

Last edited:
Poppin back in to change my answer. While I still like Goodra, we live in a world where Dreepy, Drakloak, and Dragapolt exist now.

I love them. I love them and their big froggy faces. And their whispy ghost tails. And the fact that the lil ones ride on the evolved ones heads. Best dragons ever.

In HG I trained a Salamence due to J's Salamence, I really like Haxorus, Hydreigon was a very appreciated novelty, I like Dragalde's design and typing. To this day, I love Dragonair's design but not Dragonite's.
As a Grass-type trainer, I'd love Exeggcutor's design if not its taller design. As for Sceptile, I like it very much if not for being a Mega.

Dracovish, the Dragapult line, Sliggoo (yeah, just Sliggoo, Goomy veers to 'sorta like' and Goodra I just straight up hate), the Hydreigon line, Naganadel, Guzzlord, Gigantamax Duraludon (regular form is just too clunky for me), Tyrantrum, Dragonair, and to a lesser extent Dracozolt and Druddigon.

I'm actually not a huge fan of the Dragon type otherwise; it's one of my least favorite types in fact.

I'll just mention the final stages, but I like the whole lines. And I won't mention Mega Evolutions:

Flygon :bulbaLove:
Altaria
Dragapulp
Goodra
Kingdra
Hydreigon
Dragonite
Guzzlord
Reshiram
Giratina
Flapple
Dragalge
Zekrom
Regidrago
Appletun
Tyrantrum
Dracozolt
Garchomp
Eternatus
Kyurem
Dialga
Rayquaza
Latios
Naganadel
Salamence
Latias
Drampa

I have become quite fond of Goodra due to a recent playthrough I did with one, and due to its tasteful shiny (I got a level 100 shiny one through wonder trade if you can believe that). I didn't care much about it before.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom