• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Electric type

Favorite Electric type

• Pikachu

Votes: 8 7.4%
  • Raichu

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Voltorb

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Electrode

• Magnemite

• Magneton

• Electabuzz

• Jolteon

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Pichu

• Mareep

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Flaaffy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ampharos

Votes: 8 7.4%
  • Elekid

• Raikou

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Electric

• Manectric

• Plusle

• Minun

• Shinx

• Luxio

• Luxray

Votes: 17 15.7%
  • Pachirisu

• Electivire

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Blitzle

• Zebstrika

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Tynamo

• Eelektrik

• Eelektross

• Zapdos

• Magnezone

• Rotom

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Heat Rotom

• Frost Rotom

• Wash Rotom

• Fan Rotom

• Mow Rotom

• Emolga

• Thundurous

• Helioptile

• Heliolisk

• Dedenne

• Chinchou

• Lanturn

• Joltik

• Galvantula

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • Stunfisk

• Zekrom

Votes: 5 4.6%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Time to start up yet another one of these threads, as it's interesting to see and hear what people have to say about their favorite Pokemon. In this edition, we look at the Electric type. And this has nothing to do with today's Clemont-related episode. :sweat: What's your favorite Electric type?

For me, it's a tie between Manectric and Luxray. Both are really awesome Pokemon to me.

Manectric has the most interesting origin, being based off of maned wolf and the yokai Raiju, giving it a pretty sweet design. It's fast and powerful, learning moves like Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, and Discharge, thought it's a little on the fragile side. It's main abilities, Static and Lightning Rod, can be very useful, as one can induce paralysis on any Pokemon (except another Electric type) with just one touch while the other draws in Electric moves, nullifying them and boosts its Special Attack in the process. It's Hidden Ability, however, is lackluster: Minus, which is very situational, requiring another Pokemon with Plus to boost its power, so it's regular abilities outstrip its Hidden one. Now that it has a Mega Evolution (though GF went a little spike happy on it), it gains the Intimidate ability. While slightly situational as well, when combined with Volt Switch, it can be pretty potent. Manectric has always been a favorite of mine for a long time, as many Hoenn Pokemon have been.

Moving on, Luxray is another interesting Electric type. Based off either a lynx or a lion, or even off of the constellations Lynx or Leo, gives it a cool vibe. It's x-ray vision-like ability gives it a unique trait that I haven't seen with other Pokemon before or after it. Unlike most Electric types, Luxray is better built for Physical moves vs Special ones, so ones like Spark, Wild Charge, Crunch, and even Superpower can get a powerful boost from its high Attack stat. While a bit slower than most Electric types, it has a bit more bulk than most, so it can weather more attacks. It's regular abilities are Rivalry and Intimidate. Intimidate it the better of the two, lowering the opponent's Attack just by coming out of its Poke Ball to battle, while Rivalry is more situational, requiring a Pokemon of the same gender to give it a 25% boost, but if it faces off against a Pokemon with the opposite gender, its power gets cut by 25%. So Intimidate is the better ability of the two. It's Hidden Ability is a very potent one: Guts. When inflicted with a status ailment (except paralysis in this case, obviously), Luxray's power jumps up by 50%, even ignoring burn's Attack lowering side-effect, making any physical moves even more powerful. I love a Luxray with Guts, as it's one of my favorite combos, turning a bad situation into a really good one, and with Luxray's high Attack, that hurts.

So this is a tough call for me. But I think that Luxray has just a slight edge on Manectric for me. A very small edge, as both are awesome Mons. So I guess my favorite Electric type is Luxray. What are yours? Note that this does not include Megas, but it does include formes.

Ugh tough. The Luxio and the Mareep lines were my favorite. And I'm also like some of the Unova electric Pokemon too.

Least favorite if i could say? Pikachu and their pre-and-after-his evolutionary lines. It's just were overused both inside and outside the game.

It's tough, I like a lot of electric-types, but I think I'm going with Luxray. It's pretty nostalgic for me, as Shinx was the very first Pokemon I ever caught. Also, it's based on lions which are my favorite animal and even have a gender difference, albeit pretty unnoticeable. And if that isn't enough, the thing has X-ray vision! Luxray just has so much going for it and to top it off it's just so awesome and badass looking!

Mine was between Manectric and Jolteon, as both were very useful Pokemon on my teams in their games. However, Jolteon ultimately won out for a few reasons:
1. Honestly, I think Jolteon is a bit better in design than Manectric. I like Manectric's design, but Jolteon was just a teensy bit better.
2. I had a Jolteon first. Jolteon was the first Eevee-lution I ever had, and was one of my strongest Pokemon the first time I ever beat a Pokemon game. This little guy was my backbone. Makes me a bit biased to favor him.

Luxray is my favorite. Shinx was one of the first Pokemon I ever used, and Luxray's design is really cool too. I also like Zebstrika, Galvantula, Manectric, and Ampharos.

For the longest time, I've been fluctuating between Ampharos, Manectric, and Luxray.

Ultimately, though, I've settled on Manectric as my favorite Electric type because it's (somewhat) based on a wolf, my favorite animal.

Honorable mention goes to Raikou as well.

Jolteon, hands down, no contest (also favorite Pokémon period, so eh). It also comes with a neat story, so settle in and grab your favorite hot beverage if you like.

When I got back into Pokémon a year ago, and played through HeartGold, I'd been hankering to get an Electric type on my team. At the time, I had a Flaffy that had been putting in some alright work, but I was still in the market for a more traditional speedy hard-hitting zapper. When I received Eevee, I figured it would be an alright time to make it Jolteon and get that Electric type I was after. Then I learned, much to my annoyance, that getting a Thunderstone in HG/SS pretty much necessitated beating the Elite Four and Champion, unlocking the NationalDex. I was pretty irked by that, like, majorly bothered.

Almost out of a sense of spite I suppose, I resolved to get that Jolteon that the game was so intent on denying me, and make that Jolteon the most powerful, most broken one I could get within the game. So I beat the E4/champ, got the national dex, got the thunderstone, and set to work on breeding the Eevee once I learned the methods how. Once I got the 5 perfect IV Eevee with Modest nature and Thunderstoned it to Jolteon, I EV trained that little sucker for speed and special attack, the old fashioned way, by battling specific mons (loads and loads of Natus/Zubats in this case), for which I recorded on a table by-hand with EV rewards to track Jolteon's progress. My tireless and relentless efforts were rewarded with a Jolteon that would consistently hold its own vs. mons 10+ levels above its own in-game, and I was greatly satisfied.

The story doesn't end there though. When I started getting into competitive battling (VGC doubles rules), I went about seeing if Jolteon could be useful in the metagame. Boy did I find use!

At least at the time I was playing a lot on Showdown, two of the most prevalent mons on lots of teams were Talonflame, and Mega Charizard Y. They're both incredibly dangerous if they aren't taken care of quickly. Luck for me I had Jolteon! Jolteon easily outspeeds MCharizardY and Talonflame (and resists Gale Wings priority Brave Bird), and can KO either of them with a single thunderbolt.

My Jolteon's competitive utility goes beyond bird-zapping though, as I very often open a doubles match with a Prankster Sableye alongside Jolteon. Between Sableye Will-o-Wisp burning and confusing the opponents, and Jolteon adding Thunder Wave paralysis support, these two have systematically dismantled entire teams by themselves, just by running a mad interference game.

So yeah, definitely my go-to mon when I want an electric type.

TL/DR: Joltoen was the first Pokémon I bred for ideal IVs and EV trained, partly out of spite against the game HeartGold. Jolteon also saw a ton of use on my VGC competitive team on Showdown.

Other contenders:
the Magnemite family. Always liked them, and had a pretty good Magneton get me through my playthrough of HeartGold.
Ampharos. Fabulous Fabio hair and Dragon power Mega Evolution woo!
Galvantula, which I got some good use out of when I built a Single-Battle team.

Raichu for me. When Pokemon first hit stateside back in 1998, everyone's (and I mean everyone's) favorite 'mon was Pikachu, so I decided to one-up them. I hope it gets a mega-evolution in the future, it needs more love.

I love a lot of Electric-types, it's pretty much my favourite type, so I have a lot to choose from.

Heliolisk is my favourite though, I just love its concept. A solar-powered frilled lizard is an awesome concept and the design is great. It's got some nice unique qualities in being the only non-Grass type that uses a Sun Stone to evolve, various weather abilities (Dry Skin, Solar Power + Sand Veil) and also one of the rare type combinations (that's not just another Normal combined with Flying) to give us our first Electric/Normal type. It's pretty cute as well as being cool, and it has a good movepool so isn't useless in battle either.

[Mega] Manectric is also awesome and a close favourite. As are Eelektross, Galvantula, Electabuzz, Lanturn, Raichu and Magneton, so all deserve mentions too.

O.O

I didn't know you could have that many poll options.

Have you not seen the size of the poll in this thread: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f313/your-favourite-pokemon-164318/

I had to create it, took ages...

Eelektross and Electrode are pretty cool. But, well, I'd be kidding myself if I said they even approached the same level of awesome as Stunfisk.

Galvantula is my all-time favorite. That little bugger (hehe pun) has pulled through for me, and finds itself on each one of my competitive teams. Luxray has to be my second favorite though. That guy has guts.

I picked Rotom because it is purely an Electric-type. Plus, it is a Ghost-type, so that works in its favour since that's my favourite type.

Thanks for reading.

Dang... So many. I have a personal tie between Stunfisk (run away in fear, ye infidels), Zekrom, Luxray, and Rotom.

I voted for Zekrom in the poll since I have the most experience with it, and it is a Dragon type.

I love Stunfisk because of its appearance, which appears to be the reason most people hate it. It's positively adorable (or perhaps adorkable?). Luxray is high up there as well because of the fact it is one of the rare physical Electric types, and it's pretty good from an in-game standpoint. Rotom earns my love because of its backstory with Charon, its unique premise, and its Fridge form. Seriously, the fridge needs more love.

I love a lot of Electric types: Jolteon, Raikou (after 4 gens still my favorite legendary), Manectric (but not his Mega), Luxray, and Emolga.

But if I had to pick just one, I'll go with Lanturn. Awesome typing and he's a tank.

Went with Eelektross but honestly the majority here are excellent. Stunfisk, Joltik and Emolga are all incredible gen V pokes, older favourites include Jolteon, Raichu (i always train one of these b/c i can't stand Pikachu so i evolve it at earliest opportunity), Manectric and Luxray.

Plusle and Minun are so crap though. Decent movesets too, feels like a waste.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom