• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Electric type

Favorite Electric type

• Pikachu

Votes: 8 7.4%
  • Raichu

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Voltorb

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Electrode

• Magnemite

• Magneton

• Electabuzz

• Jolteon

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Pichu

• Mareep

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Flaaffy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ampharos

Votes: 8 7.4%
  • Elekid

• Raikou

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Electric

• Manectric

• Plusle

• Minun

• Shinx

• Luxio

• Luxray

Votes: 17 15.7%
  • Pachirisu

• Electivire

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Blitzle

• Zebstrika

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Tynamo

• Eelektrik

• Eelektross

• Zapdos

• Magnezone

• Rotom

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Heat Rotom

• Frost Rotom

• Wash Rotom

• Fan Rotom

• Mow Rotom

• Emolga

• Thundurous

• Helioptile

• Heliolisk

• Dedenne

• Chinchou

• Lanturn

• Joltik

• Galvantula

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • Stunfisk

• Zekrom

Votes: 5 4.6%

• Total voters
The Magnemite family and Rotom.

One gripe about the Magnemite family is that they really should have Levitate for an ability, since levitation via electromagnetic fields is a thing (as demonstrated in the Pokemon universe by the Magnet Train and the move Magnet Rise). The mere fact that Magnet Rise even exists proves my point. Other Steel types or Pokemon that have this move would need to magnetize themselves before they can levitate, but the Magnemite family are a bunch of magnets already, so they should be levitating (and, in fact, in all of their anime appearances as well as sprites, they are levitating).

Two gripes with Rotom.
First Fan Rotom needs an actually useful ability.
Second, I want to see more Rotom forms, like Robot Rotom (Electric/Steel) and Toilet Rotom (Electric/Poison).

As much as I love Jolteon and Zekrom, I think Raikou has to be my favourite Electric-Type.

It’s funny since I always preferred Suicune and Entei over it. But I guess after seeing Zoroark: Master of Illusion I changed my mind. That movie made me realize how badass Raikou was and it instantly became my new favourite Legendary Beast. Over the years it has grown on me more and is now one of my favourite Pokemon.
I think the main reason I like Raikou so much is because it is based on one of my favourite animals, the Tiger. I really like it’s design as well, especially it’s stormy, cloud-like mane, and it’s “X” shaped mustache.
I haven’t really used Raikou much in-game, but from what I’ve experienced it is pretty decent. Gotta love it’s shiny form as well.

I have always adored the Elekid family, because they have some of the coolest designs and feel the electric type vibe on them.

Luxray, one of my favorite Pokemon from my favorite Gen.

My favourite electric pokemon is the fisrt one that was introduced in the anime, is the mascot of the franchise, has a few games which stars him, and seems quite a few people dislike him.

Pikachu :3
The Mareep line
Magnezone
Rotom
Helioptile/Heliolisk (why are they part nomal, they'd be technically invincible otherwise)
Joltik/Galvantula

There's quite a few I like but don't really ever think about.

Raichu is a favorite simply because I like its design, and it's a decent in-game battler, especially in FR/LG, which is where I used it.
I really like the design of the Elekid line, and the same goes with the Shinx line. Was never crazy about using them in-game, but they weren't stragglers.
I also really love the Tynamo line, but was never able to capture and use it in BW. ;y;
While I also like Helioptile and Heliolisk for their designs, I also really like their unique typing, even if they aren't the best battlers.
Stunfisk is also a favorite since it's 1) hysterical and 2) hilarious
Ampharos is another favorite since I loved using it in XD, and I also really like the line's designs.

Overall I'd have to say my favorite is a tie between Ampharos and Stunfisk.

Pachirisu is easily my favorite. Super cute, really well done in the anime, and a pretty decent battler as well. Sure I wish it had better offensive stats, but it has great speed and a good moveset. I really enjoyed how they portrayed Dawn's Pachirisu in the anime, although I wish it got more focus. Pachirisu has a really good design and great colors as well and I live in an area where I see a lot of white squirrels (which are pretty rare in general) so I think it is pretty cool. Overall it is one of my five favorite Pokemon, and easily my favorite electric type. Second is probably Emolga, but Pachirisu is a clear favorite.

Not sure if I have a favorite Electric Pokemon, although I'm a fan of the type itself. I like most of the Generation 1 and 2 Electric Pokemon though. If I had to narrow my choice down to a handful of options, it would be between Electabuzz, Raikou, Magnezone, Magneton, or Zapdos.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom