1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If your account is currently registered using an @aol.com, @comcast.net or @verizon.net email address, you should change this to another email address. These providers have been rejecting all emails from @bulbagarden.net email addresses, preventing user registrations, and thread/conversation notifications. If you have been impacted by this issue and are currently having trouble logging into your account, please contact us via the link at the bottom right hand of the forum home, and we'll try to sort things out for you as soon as possible.
  3. Bulbagarden has launched a new public Discord server. Click Here!

Favorite Ending Credits?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Video Games' started by Kyriaki, Nov 13, 2017 at 5:31 AM.

Voter count: 28
?

Favorite Ending Credits?

1. RGBY

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  2. GSC

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  3. RSE

5 vote(s)
    17.9%
  4. DPPt

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. HGSS

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  6. BW

7 vote(s)
    25.0%
  7. B2W2

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  8. XY

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  9. ORAS

15 vote(s)
    53.6%
  10. SM

7 vote(s)
    25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Kyriaki

Kyriaki The Future Hero of Alola

Blog Posts:
    After you become the league champion (or in the case of BW, defeat Team Plasma), you get to sit through the ending credits. While the early versions simply displayed the name of the people involved in creating the games (and thus was shorter), the later games added extra scenes or even a song (as in XY) so that the ending credits aren't boring. Which is your favorite?

My personal favorite is ORAS. It is such a nice touch to show the course of your journey with your main pokemon and other characters. From the first ever battle against Poochyena to the champion battle against Steven, it was like skimming through a travel diary.

Close behind is B2W2 for showing the protagonist going home from the league, and meeting up with the NPCs as they go on a victory tour. It's a great way to celebrate your championship title achievement.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017 at 11:59 AM
  2. BigBadButterfree

BigBadButterfree the Destroyer

Blog Posts:
    For me the credits is all about the music that plays. And the best one for me is ORAS. It's got the original credits theme, plus they put in a small medley of the various town themes. It's very beautiful. Also, I was thrilled to find that it was one of the pieces arranged for the Pokémon Synphonic Evolutions concert set that I went to see.

I honestly can't even say I remember any ther games' credits, which to me means they aren't as good and memorable. Just my personal opinion though.

3. Esserise

Esserise You ain’t a myth no more to me

Blog Posts:
    Nothing, and I mean nothing, approaches the combined magnificence of the BW and B2W2 credits.

Like, I think XY's is nice (love me some concept art on stained papyrus set to slow brass), and SM's is really sweet even though the music is repetitive. HGSS's credits sequence is fairly cute, too. And I am always impressed by the record-keeping of ORAS's credits, although I'm not a big fan of the medley music.

But BW's gets me fucking pumped, and no other credits theme is like it. It's such a cathartic energy coming right off of the epic climax to the story, and N's departure... just... the very second that those initial drums chime when he says "Farewell"... oh man. I don't even care that the actual sequence is just a close-up pan around the opposite dragon mascot. Looks fucking majestic anyway. Plus we get a short post-credits scene, which, although it wasn't really the intention, I think is another nice little formula breaker and harbinger of the sequels.

B2W2's is the other end of the spectrum. While BW's credits were very triumphant and proud, B2W2 are more reflective and quiet. Starting with the small scene in which we're seen off by the Elite Four and Iris (I love that they stand in the shape of a V, for Gen V - amazing touch), with fireworks juxtaposed against a soft melody, the sequence then embarks on a series of screenshots, of us tracing our path backwards through the region. Each screenshot is its own charming little moment that manages to say a lot despite being a still image - Drayden clearing up the ice from Kyurem's attack, Clay mediating a conversation between Clay and Old Plasma, another model show with Elesa, a parade with Burgh in Castelia (Beat'cha to it, XY! And we got a sweet ride!), Cheren rebattling Alder with Bianca nearby ( :cry: ), all while the music alternates between gentle, poignant xylophonic tunes and more impassioned, heartfelt electric guitar. And then a full-screen image of N and his dragon looking out at a far-off star in the morning sky (part of the reason why I like that Hildabert don't appear in these games is because of the power that it lends to this image), and then finally, we return home.

4. SpikOriundo

SpikOriundo Pokéball Collector

Blog Posts:
    I really like HGSS... Like, the whole game, and the credits are cute.
    Been a while since I played the fifth gen, so I don't quite remember.
    SM is the one I most liked, probally, since it's all really cute photos. They are all so pretty *-*
    About ORAS... I had forgotten about it, but it really is cool about how they show which Pokémon you used against each gym leader and everything.
    Aahhh, remember that time against Roxanne, and I fought her with my Relaxed Treecko? Then in this other battle, I used Mawile! And then Mawile, in this other battle I used... Mawile...
    Mawile Mawile Mawile Mawile OH GOD I ONLY USED MEGA MAWILE THROUGH THE WHOLE GAME WTF

5. Ambrose7

Ambrose7 Active Member

Blog Posts:
    I feel like in general Pokemon games have nice ending credits. HGSS and ORAS were nice. I liked the concept art style used for XY too. It felt in place. However BW, B2W2 and SM are something else. SM feels bittersweet and B2W2 adds a little to the various characters. Even if its not very much, it still feels cool. And BW are just amazing. It's just so energetic and given the context, feels like an epic conclusion.

6. Skalesgon

Skalesgon Member

Blog Posts:
    ORAS for having who you won battles with.

7. DoctorWhy

DoctorWhy Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    ORAS, hands down, has the best credits in the whole series. The remix of the original RSE credits theme was absolutely beautiful and managed to be even better, and the way it recaptured your journey - showing every major battle and who you won it with - was so touching and perfect. ORAS credits are the caliber of endgame credits that every game should strive for.

Skalesgon likes this.
  8. Soki

Soki Beep Boop Staff Coordinator

Blog Posts:
    I have to agree I really liked the ORAS credits, simply cause they showed your Pokémon and which battles you won with them, that was a really nice touch.

Though BW gets a honorary mention for using the most epic credit music ever, making me feel all 'hell yeah that was some adventure!'.

The other credits mostly just show the protagonist or other characters doing stuff and that's great and all, but ORAS was better as it showed your adventure specifically so it was more satisfying to watch.

PkmnTrainerV and DoctorWhy like this.
  9. Nicolas721

Nicolas721 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    RSE is a very sad nostalgia trip.

HGSS is very fun to watch with all the character dynamics, and makes good use of the walking Pokemon feature.

XY has a very good music that really communicates the theme of union across the world.

ORAS, for reasons stated above. It frustrates me that we can't save Battle Videos of important battles, through.

Ambrose7 and Esserise like this.
  10. Esserise

Esserise You ain’t a myth no more to me

Blog Posts:
    This is a good point. I do appreciate that kind of resourcefulness (they really did get their mileage out of that feature in those games).

SirOni and Ambrose7 like this.
  11. TeaWest

TeaWest Slappin' that bass

Blog Posts:
    I haven't played ORAS, but RSE always gave me mad feels. That piano in the begining is so beautiful :cry:

12. Pyrax

Pyrax Mahoutsukai

Blog Posts:
    RSE showed off all of the Pokémon registered in your Pokedex, which ORAS took to the next level by showing your Pokémon at key moments during the plot (the Poochyena fight, boss battles, etc). I really liked how both credits were pretty much a slideshow of the player's journey.
    BW is my overall favourite in terms of music. It's so grand, and I really love the drums (I think) near the beginning.

13. Zexy

Zexy On the GO

Blog Posts:
    I'll go with ORAS as well. Great song, perhaps the RSE version was a bit better than the ORAS one music-wise, but the imagery used in ORAS around the Hoenn map was great.
    Sun/Moon is my close second and I guess B2W2 was nice too, but ORAS was my best.

14. Sir Cookie

Sir Cookie Bring Back Pichu

Blog Posts:
    I prefer the original RSE ending over ORAS, especially since there is little to no nostalgia in ORAS for me. RSE had all the Pokemon you battled with appear at one point, and RSE also had the memorable bike ride with May/Brendan. The only thing that RSE didn't have was the final battle between May and Brendan, but that was just a piece of cake.
    Honestly I was highly disappointed in the ORAS ending.

Second would be Sun/Moon's. I fully enjoyed the game and the ending just blew me away. The song is also my favorite out of all the themes, but I felt like it kinda lacked something compared to RSE's

15. ocelotlrama jaguar

ocelotlrama jaguar Fluffy with extra spots

Blog Posts:
    The music of the RGBY ending and the remix in FRLG are my personal favorites. RSE made me a bit emotional since the last Pokemon they show you is the one you started with. GSC is probably my third fave. I loved the music.