• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite English Opening Song

What's your favorite opening theme?

• Pokémon Theme

Votes: 27 24.5%
  • Pokémon World

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Pokémon Johto

Votes: 11 10.0%
  • Born to Be a Winner

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Believe in Me

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I Wanna Be a Hero

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • This Dream

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Unbeatable

Votes: 19 17.3%
  • Battle Frontier

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Diamond and Pearl

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • We Will Be Heroes

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Battle Cry - (Stand Up!)

Votes: 9 8.2%
  • We Will Carry On!

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Black and White

Votes: 6 5.5%

• Total voters
Unbeatable is my favorite. Aside from it just being a great opening, I'm a latecomer to Pokemon, so it's quite nostalgic.

Battle Frontier gets an extra point for having a noticable shot of Harley, though.

It was a tough choice between "We Will be Heroes", and "Born to be a Winner"; the latter won, though.

All of the 4Kids themes are amazing. It's hard to choose just one—but I think I'm gonna go with I Wanna Be A Hero. I don't know why but that song has "epic beyond epic" written all over it. Too bad it's so short. The original theme quickly follows in second.

As for the PUSA songs, they all pretty much suck—Battle Cry is probably the only exception although it's still only decent, IMO.

See, I liked all of the Diamond and Pearl openings apart from the first one (and the first cut of Galactic Battles). It's hard for me to choose a favourite.

you teach me and i teach you POKEMON gotcha catch them all

or want to be a hero i went retro

because if you start sing the first song in a public place someone will join in

Last edited:
Battle Cry - (Stand Up!) is my favorite. :p I think it's a pretty nice opening song; I like it.

I have three favorites, but I don't know the names.

Firstly the one where it goes:

"It's a brand new place
And a brand new attitude
but you still gotta catch. them. all.
and be the best that you can be."

I like this cause it was the first one I ever heard, as I came to pokemon during early johto.

Then I like the one with:

" Whoa-o-o-o-o-o
I'm unbeatable
whoa-o-o-o-o-o
I'm unbeatable,
the earth, the sun, the sea and sky,
they can never win but they sure can try-y"

I like this simply because it is an epic song.

Then I like:

"Be brave
Get ready to fight
and if we come
together as one
complete the quest
that we've begun
we will win the battle
galactic battles
POKEMON!"

Same as above.

I probably got some of the lyrics wrong in some of them :(

Over all, I think I like the second one best, but It's close.

By the way, did anyone else find the rap at the end of battle frontier really painful to listen to. I mean really painful. Pokemon just doesn't go with that genre.

This poll really needed to be multiple choice, but... Born to Be a Winner is the surefire leader.

"It's a brand new place
And a brand new attitude
but you still gotta catch. them. all.
and be the best that you can be."

This one is Pokémon Johto.

" Whoa-o-o-o-o-o
I'm unbeatable
whoa-o-o-o-o-o
I'm unbeatable,
the earth, the sun, the sea and sky,
they can never win but they sure can try-y"

That one is Unbeatable.

"Be brave
Get ready to fight
and if we come
together as one
complete the quest
that we've begun
we will win the battle
galactic battles
POKEMON!"

And this one is Battle Cry - (Stand Up!).

"POKEMON! It's a battle win or lose!"
"It's the friends you make, it's the road you choose!"
"You got the right stuff, so make your mind up!"
"Find the courage inside of you!"
"IF YOUR STRONG YOU'LL SURVIVE, AND YOU'LL KEEP YOUR DREAM ALIVE!"
"It's the Battle Frontier, POKEMON!"
"Be the best you can be, and find your destiny!"
"IT'S THE MASTER PLAN!"
"THE POWER'S IN YOUR HAND! POKEMON!"

I wish they released a full version a popular 9th grader in my class sang that we all had a good laugh. :)

The three that caught my ears are the 1st theme, Johto theme and the Black and White one. However, if I were to choose one of these, it would be Johto. That's because it's really energetic.

Thanks for reading.

Definatley Pokemon Johto, though Unbeatable is a close second.

"It's a whole new world we live in!"
"Do-do-do do, do-do!"
"It's a whole new way to see!"
"Do-do-do do, do-do!"
"It's a whole new place, with a brand new attitude."
"But you still gotta catch em' all."
"And be the best that you can be!"
"Do-do-do do, do-do!"
"Do-do-do do, do-do!"
"Pokemon Johto!"

Pokemon Johto has gotta be the most catchy and exciting tunes there is in the Pokemon universe.

It's hard for me to choose between the original, Pokemon Johto, Master Quest, and all of the Advanced openings. 4Kids may have did some crappy edits but their Pokemon openings were awesome.

Hmm - Sinnoh League Victors had a good theme, and so did Battle Frontier, and the Johto seasons. Plus, Hoenn had some great themes.

But I'm choosing the first one - it's cool, it's memorable, and it sounds like Michael Jackson is singing.

I've listened to them all about five times today and it's still a tie between the original, Johto, Born to be a winner, Belive in me, I wanna be a hero, This dream, Unbetable and Battle Frontier...

I dunno, mabe Born to be a winner, I once listened to that for half an hour straight :p

...The original theme. It's classic & nostalgic & epic.

wish they could've used the the whole song for the theme *still has/loves his 2 B A Master CD* XD

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom