• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite episode of Pokémon indigo league/orange island?

MercuryGreen

Reaction score
What is your favorite episode/episodes of indigo league? What makes it your favorite? Is there any funny scenes you remember?

Some Indigo League favorites of mine are Pikachu's Goodbye, Showdown at the Po-ké Corral, Holy Matrimony!, and Ash Catches a Pokémon.
Orange Islands faves are probably The Stun Spore Detour, Pallet Party Panic, Meowth Rules!, and The Rivalry Revival.

I could go into detail about any one of these episodes, but I think what makes all of them stand out to me is their focus on the character dynamics and interactions. Early OS was great about stuff like that.

(also welcome to the forums MercuryGreen!)

It's impossible for me to name a favorite Indigo League episode because I love so many of them lol. I'd wind up listing about half, easily.

For Orange Islands, The Stun Spore Detour, Pikachu Re-Volts, and Meowth Rules are my top three.

Favourite Indigo League episode is Charmander, the Stray Pokemon (Ash Catches a Pokemon is a close second).

Favourite Orange Islands episode is Pikachu Re-Volts.

Not sure about Orange Islands. I'm not a fan of this season and have never really been.

Some of my favorite OS episodes:

Episode 20: The story of the ghost maiden is sad but I also like the references to Japanese culture. The moment Misty shows up in a yukata and Ash sees her at the festival is probably my favorite shipping moment.

Episode 21: Butterfree's goodbye. It's one of the rare moment we get to see an emotional and vulnerable Ash. The music in the last scene is very good (I think it's called "Tears after cloudy weather"?).

The Sabrina arc: Good horror elements. Plays "the creepy little girl with psychic powers" trope very straight but I think it works.

Episode 1-2: Does a good job setting up the series. High stakes with Pikachu being injured and Team Rocket being an actual threat. In fact it almost does too good of a job. As a kid I was disappointed how overpowered Pikachu became after this and TR who seemed like cool villains became overused joke characters.

For Kanto, I’ve always liked the St. Anne three-parter. The show nowadays needs to be more adventurous and cliffhanger-y like Kanto was.

For the Orange Islands my favorite was “The Mystery of the Disappeared Pokémon”/ “Pikachu Re-Volts”. It’s probably the most well written filler of the OI Saga. Kanna’s episode is the runner-up.

Indigo League arc:
Pokémon - I Choose You!
Pokémon Emergency
Ash Catches a Pokémon
Showdown in Pewter City
Electric Shock Showdown
Battle Aboard the St. Anne
The Tower of Terror
The Legend of Dratini
Pokémon Shipwreck
Pikachu's Goodbye
Snow Way Out
The Ninja Poké-Showdown
Friends to the End
Holy Matrimony

Orange Islands:
The Lost Lapras
Fit to be Tide
Pikachu Re-Volts
Charizard Chills
Pokémon Double Trouble
A Tent Situation
The Rivalry Revival

Indigo League arc:
Pokémon - I Choose You!
Pokémon Emergency
Ash Catches a Pokémon
Showdown in Pewter City
Electric Shock Showdown
Battle Aboard the St. Anne
The Tower of Terror
The Legend of Dratini
Pokémon Shipwreck
Pikachu's Goodbye
Snow Way Out
The Ninja Poké-Showdown
Friends to the End
Holy Matrimony

Orange Islands:
The Lost Lapras
Fit to be Tide
Pikachu Re-Volts
Charizard Chills
Pokémon Double Trouble
A Tent Situation
The Rivalry Revival
I find this interesting since you don't like OS vs the other Series (it's my favorite in the Anime, not the Movies) and you thought Johto was an upgrade supposedly from OG/OI?

I actually agree with a lot of this list, though I'd add in for Orange Islands Hello, Pummelo and Enter the Dragonite for me.

Please note: The thread is from 11 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom