• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Female Player Character Design

Which Female Player Character Design is your Favorite?

• Leaf

• Kris

• Lyra

• May (Original, Emerald or ORAS)

• Dawn (Original or Platinum)

• Hilda

• Rosa

• Serena

• Moon (Original or USUM)

Results are only viewable after voting.
My favorite is Hilda, easily. She looks tough and ready for adventure, and really stands out among the rest.

Second-favorite is... a tie. Either Serena or Rosa... I love Serena’s outfit, and it’s nice to have a blonde protagonist (I’d argue that until ORAS, May was more on the brunette side, if only just). Meanwhile, I think Rosa’s has more personality, and more individual choices like the pastel colors, the visor, the tights, and the Sailor Moon hair with audaciously large hair-buns. I voted for Serena, mainly just to give some recognition to Gen 6 instead of doubling-down on Gen 5, but I really do like both of them a lot.

Least-favorite would be ORAS May. Way to completely ruin a good design via profuse chickification, Game Freak. Turned her bandana into a giant bow, for crying out loud. (And the less said about her hideous Contest attire, the better...)

Hilda and Moon are my faves. They're both quite good in their own ways, and I quite like their outfits. A runner-up would be ORAS May.

Leaf, followed by Rosa. There's just something simplistically chic about Leaf's outfit.

Think my least favourite is Moon, from USUM. The hairstyle & hat make her look a farmer, haha.

Rosa and Moon for me, though I am also a huge can of Lyra's outfit (not the hat and the hair though). I think Moon's outfit suits her super well and while I've never been big on the hat, I still love her. Her new USUM design is great too, even if she doesn't have that cute short hair cut. Rosa's outfit is the bomb, and I love the long Ponytails. It's super anime and I love it.

I like Moon/Selene the best by far. Surprised she doesn’t have more votes TBH.

In fact I have a series of headcanons regarding her being the actual protagonist of Pokémon Moon in the games timeline, including the team she most likely would have used.

Haven’t thought about this much until today, so I’m just looking at all of them in a line-up.

I think my favorite is probably May. Nostalgia plays a factor, I’m sure, but I also think she has the best of both worlds going on; all the other female protagonists seem to be either cute or athletic, and May is both. Her hair is goofy but in a good way, slacks-under-skirt is always cute and the skirt itself is this blank white blob which is also cute, and don’t even get me started on the bandana, 2cute4me. (Miss me with that bow nonsense that the remakes pulled.)

Least favorite for me is probably Kris, as much I don’t like admitting it. Unfortunate that female representation in this series didn’t start out the strongest. 1) What is up with those shorts? 2) How much gel do you need to get your hair to look like a second pair of arms? 3) Was the gel FDA approved or is it what caused her hair to become that sludgy blue-green color? I’ll take Sexy Mario Halloween Costume over Kris any day.

Hilda > Leaf > Lyra > Emerald May > ORAS May > DP Dawn = Platinum Dawn > Moon > Kris > RS May > Serena > Rosa > Ultra Moon

I like the casual, realistic designs. Hilda's is great, because it combines casual with cool. Plus I like ponytails. But Leaf's a close second - simple, clean, and not overdone.

Hilda for the same reason I pointed out Hilbert in the male PC thread. Best designed protags in the main series.

Second goes to May mostly her Emerald and ORAS incarnations. Great mix of sporty and cute. Blended great with the region.

A personal nod goes to Kris (look it was the 90s okay, the look rocked) and Rosa (also sporty as heck and honestly, I'm just a fan of the choice & color of leggings).

I feel like I'm torn between Dawn and the female Ultra Moon protagonist... on one hand, I really love Dawn's winter clothes and I think they're super fashionable on her. On the other? Moon's design definitely has the cuteness factor going for it. =o

I think Dawn edges out this one, though...

Serena is beautiful, it's definitely my favorite girl in the game.
I started playing my favorite Path of Exile (PoE) because one of the classes looked like her

Last edited:
HILDA.

Okay, firstly she is awesome. Go-getting, competent looking with undeniably good fashion sense. Secondly she is of a good age. Now don't go jumping to conclusions - I'm not a creep. What I mean is she's not exceptionally childish nor very mature. Caught between. Makes for a good balance between playing age groups.

Thirdly, and chiefly, because I am quite phenomenally biased, she is the heroine of the first Pokemon game I ever owned and the character I chose without reservations.

May is also brilliant.

-Leaf
-Kris
-Gen III May
-Dawn
-Gen VI May
-Rosa
-Default Serena
-Hilda
-Lyra
-Default Selene

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom