• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Filler Episodes?

Reaction score
As with all anime, Pokémon has had its fair share of filler episodes. Most associate filler episodes being bland and uninteresting, and some definitely are. But not all of them.

So I ask, what filler episodes do you consider the best or most memorable and why? Share your opinions here.

I have trouble narrowing it down between two candidates; the Orange Islands' "Bound For Trouble" and Advanced's "Claydol Big and Tall".

The former is funny at times, sweet at times, very cute at times, had some very good character moments, and accidentally kickstarted a top tier ship.

The latter has only one virtue but it's a great one; it is just bizarrely hilarious and even I'm not sure why I found it so uproarious when I watched it.

Generation one is so nostalgic for me and it has a hella of fillers. Then, I ponder between Clefairy Tales, Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden...... The Song of Jigglypuff, Showdown At Dark City (Pikachu Loves Ketchup), The Ancient Puzzle of Poké-mopolis, The Island of Giant Pokémon, Pikachu's Goodbye. I don't know, there are many iconic moments.

At the end, my favourite filler episode is: The Flame Pokémon-athon, because is so good see Ash winning something and how much effort (or at least energy) he puts into doing that. When I was a kid, I loved this episode with all my heart.

Last edited:
I have trouble narrowing it down between two candidates; the Orange Islands' "Bound For Trouble" and Advanced's "Claydol Big and Tall".

The former is funny at times, sweet at times, very cute at times, had some very good character moments, and accidentally kickstarted a top tier ship.

The latter has only one virtue but it's a great one; it is just bizarrely hilarious and even I'm not sure why I found it so uproarious when I watched it.
Funny thing: I was going to say the latter episode myself as well. It's one of the Advanced Generation episodes I've seen the most, funnily enough, despite it being a filler. And the giant Claydol itself left a powerful impression on me. Even today, the "Heroes of Hoenn" soundtrack will first and foremost remind me of the climax of this episode.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom