• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Favorite fire/fighting starter

Favorite fire/fighting starter?

• Blaziken

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Infernape

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Emboar

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters
cute patootie
Reaction score
  • Staff

There are three of these guys at the moment! Which is your favorite? Have you used any on your team?

All cards on the field are destroyed!
Reaction score
Pignite. But since middle evos that are fire/fighting aren't options, Emboar.

Sulfuric Shell
Reaction score
I've used Emboar and Infernape, but not Blaziken. As for which is my favorite...

I like all fairly the same amount (which isn't to say much since all three are the least favorites of their respective trios for me) but if I had to choose one I'd say Blaziken, which is kinda funny considering it's one of the few more popular Pokemon whose popularity in the fandom perplexes me; I don't think it has a lot of traits that generally make a Pokemon popular--or maybe that's just my own bias. But I digress. I prefer Blaziken over the other two as I think it looks the coolest out of the three--Infernape just doesn't sit right with me while Emboar is a bit too... dumpy in my opinion, for a lack of better words, to edge out Blaziken. If I had to rank them:
  1. Blaziken
  2. Emboar
  3. Infernape

Reaction score
Easily Emboar. I love the fact that he defies a lot of both Fire and Fighting-type design tropes with his 'ugly' face and hulking gait. His stat distribution and movepool are also both really interesting; a lot of species with high HP stats but low defenses are often pretty poor, but Emboar only needs to tank enough hits to make the foe very, very fainted. One of my favourite starters, not to mention Fire-types.

Never used him competitively, but always my immediate Gen V playthrough pick.

*Mreow* "what did I do?"
Reaction score
Emboar for me
Out of the three catches my attention most

Blaziken and Infernape are just ugly looking to me
Emboar is cuter
Based on design and tried all three before

Last edited:
Reaction score
Blaziken. Always. Forever. But I like the other two well enough.
Blaziken was my first legitimate Level 100 'mon.

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Blaziken. Speed Boost turned it into a Mon-star. Although I'm perfectly fine with the other two, to be honest. Considering I'm bias to Fire starters most of the time, it only makes sense that I like all three pretty much equally. However, I liked Blaziken's design ever since the Johto era anime and wanted Ash to get one (sadly, he didn't, obviously), and I find Torchic to be absolutely adorable. That said, really, all three are pretty much equals to me, as they each fulfill different roles despite sharing the same typing, so they all have their own charm and flare (see what I did there, heh). But, of the three, Blaziken will always be my favorite of them, but only by a really small amount.

how we so, chasing gold
Reaction score
infernape by a hair, but it's negligible enough to say that i love it and blaziken equally. i just like infernape's design slightly more.

Call of Fate
Reaction score
Not really a fan of any of them, but I'll go with Еmboar, as I like its cry and the fact it can learn Scald.

Reaction score
I love them all (just not too much into Blaziken's mega evolved form), but I have to go with Infernape which also is overall my favourite Fire-type Pokémon of all time. Those colourful traits appearing on its figure, which almost makes me think of a shaman, look amazing and don't even let me start to talk about how perfect of an Iron Fist's ability user my beloved infernal ape is.