• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite fire/fighting starter

Favorite fire/fighting starter?

• Blaziken

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Infernape

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Emboar

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
257MS.png
392MS.png
500MS.png

There are three of these guys at the moment! Which is your favorite? Have you used any on your team?

I've used Emboar and Infernape, but not Blaziken. As for which is my favorite...

257msra.png

I like all fairly the same amount (which isn't to say much since all three are the least favorites of their respective trios for me) but if I had to choose one I'd say Blaziken, which is kinda funny considering it's one of the few more popular Pokemon whose popularity in the fandom perplexes me; I don't think it has a lot of traits that generally make a Pokemon popular--or maybe that's just my own bias. But I digress. I prefer Blaziken over the other two as I think it looks the coolest out of the three--Infernape just doesn't sit right with me while Emboar is a bit too... dumpy in my opinion, for a lack of better words, to edge out Blaziken. If I had to rank them:
  1. Blaziken
  2. Emboar
  3. Infernape

Easily Emboar. I love the fact that he defies a lot of both Fire and Fighting-type design tropes with his 'ugly' face and hulking gait. His stat distribution and movepool are also both really interesting; a lot of species with high HP stats but low defenses are often pretty poor, but Emboar only needs to tank enough hits to make the foe very, very fainted. One of my favourite starters, not to mention Fire-types.

Never used him competitively, but always my immediate Gen V playthrough pick.

Emboar for me
Out of the three catches my attention most

Blaziken and Infernape are just ugly looking to me
Emboar is cuter
Based on design and tried all three before

Last edited:
Blaziken. Always. Forever. But I like the other two well enough.
Blaziken was my first legitimate Level 100 'mon.

Blaziken. Speed Boost turned it into a Mon-star. Although I'm perfectly fine with the other two, to be honest. Considering I'm bias to Fire starters most of the time, it only makes sense that I like all three pretty much equally. However, I liked Blaziken's design ever since the Johto era anime and wanted Ash to get one (sadly, he didn't, obviously), and I find Torchic to be absolutely adorable. That said, really, all three are pretty much equals to me, as they each fulfill different roles despite sharing the same typing, so they all have their own charm and flare (see what I did there, heh). But, of the three, Blaziken will always be my favorite of them, but only by a really small amount.

Not really a fan of any of them, but I'll go with Еmboar, as I like its cry and the fact it can learn Scald.

Blaziken is my favorite, it's my second favorite Hoenn starter (Sceptile will always be the first :love:) and yes, I've used it.
Infernape comes second, it's my second favorite Sinnoh starter (Empoleon is the first) and again yes, I've used it.
And last but not least Emboar, it's my least favorite Unova starter but that doesn't mean I don't like it, I haven't used it but I surely will.

Best to worst for me is Infernape --> Emboar --> Blaziken. Not sure why, but I just couldn't bring myself to like Blaziken much. Like yeah it's cool, but it never stuck with me. Maybe because I used always Sceptile in my hoenn playthroughs. The other two I've had more experience using but Infernape takes the cake since it incorporates the fire/fighting combo so well. It's pretty fun to use in battle and has one of the best appearances in the anime out of any pokemon altogether. Emboar is pretty good as well and pretty underrated imo.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom