• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Fire Starter

jamcoux

Reaction score
Charmander, Cyndaquil, Torchic, Chimchar, Tepig ... which one is your favorite and why?

My decision is based almost entirely on their final forms. Charmander is the first Pokemon I ever started with so he has to be my favorite. It wasn't until only a few months ago that I played a Gen IV game for the first time and I'm starting to like Chimchar more and more. Infernape just looks awesome and was fun to play through Platinum with.

Charizard stays the best. Maybe not battle wise, but he's the most unique. I never really liked Typhlosion, and I've had it with fire/fighting starters.

Chimchar and Infernape, by far. And this is saying something since I'm normally not a fan of monkeys. I just thought Chimchar was really cute for a chimp and Infernape looked plain epic for a ninja fire monkey. :D

Charizard, because of its decent movepool, good stats, and because it's part Flying-type, which is my favorite.

First Stage
Cyndaquil and Tepig

Stage 2
Quilava and Monferno

Stage 3
Charizard and Typhlosion

I guess Charizard would be my favourite. I'm not a competitive battler, but I EV trained one and use it on the Subway and it's pretty damn efficient. It's also awesome in the anime. I like all fire starter evo's except for Emboar which is ok ish.

Chimchar. Because Infernape might just be my favourite fire type Pokemon, period.

Fire types are pretty awesome in general rarely do I not choose it. but when black and white 1 came out I was disappointed with the last tepig evolution. I was like... no. This looks like a drunken keg.

But otherwise Cyndaquil is my top fire pokemon starter. Then its Charizard, and Torchic then Chimchar. I know weird right? I like Quilava though the most Not the last evolution of typhlosion.

There is no fire starter that compares to Charmander/Charizard. A complete beast, and an excellent looking Pokemon too.

Cyndaquil FTW. Because 1) Cyndaquil is so cute! lol :ksmile: 2) Tysphlosion is a beast. Lavaplume all your Pokémon lol

Let's see...

Charizard: I don't really like this Pokemon. It's not because it's not very good or anything, but I just always preferred the other Kanto starters to it. Plus, the noobs who go "Hurr durr durr CHAR1ZARD WIH FLAMETHROWER, FIRE BLAST, FIRE SPIN AND EMBER IZ THE BE5T", have sort of put me off it.

Typhlosion: What more can I say? Probably the worst Fire starter competitively.

Blaziken: Now this is my favourite. It looks amazing, it had an original typing (well, it used to), it has an amazing DW ability (Speed Boost), and it managed to become Uber. Whoa.

Infernape: This always looked to me like a bit of a rip-off of Blaziken. Whereas Blaziken was a Fire/Fighting fire chicken, Infernape is a Fire/Fighting fire monkey. Used to be better than Blaziken in Gen IV, but not anymore.

Emboar: I like how Emboar looks, but the fact it was another Fire/Fighting makes it ridiculous. What Emboar can do, Blaziken can do x10.

1)Torchic- Blaziken. Nuff said.
2)Charmander-O3o it's a cute little lizard XD. Plus I like Charizard.
3)Cyndaquil- not my favorite,and its evolution line is kinda neutral for me.
4)Chimchar-meh. But Infernape is cool.
5)Tepig-meh. Emboar is alright I guess.

1. Charizard - Not only my favorite fire starter, but my overall favorite pokemon. It was my very first pokemon, and I've always had one on my team. It is also the only reptilian fire starter, not to mention that I love dragons.
2. Emboar - Despite not being very well liked by most, I rather like the firey pig. It was actually the first time I preferred a fire-type starter since Kanto.
3. Typhlosion - Not really a big fan of Typhlosion. It's design is kind of neat, but it has a rather weak move pool.
4. Blaziken/Infernape - I don't really like either of these. Actually, they are my least favorite of all the starters.

1. Cyndaquil. (This has and always will be my favourite fire-type starter. Also 100 points for not being a bloody duel fighting type.)
2. Torchic. (The cutest little bird in the world that grows up to become a BAMF Pokemon. Love it.)
3. Charmander. (It's nice and all but I've NEVER liked Charizard. I would always pick Squirtle or Bulbasaur purely for that reason.)
4. Tepig. (I actually really like it but in terms of using it, Emboar has always been a thorn in my side...)
5. Chimchar. (I hate this Pokemon so much. I don't know why but I just do. I have played through with Piplup and Turtwig more times purely because I hate this monkey.)

I love using Fire starters but for my playthrough of Black i decided to use Snivy then for HeartGold Chikorita I have no idea why i chose that but i did lol
my favs in order are

1. Blaziken
2. Infernape
3. Charizard
4. Emboar
5. Typhlosion

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom