• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Fire Starter

My favorite would have to be Torchic. I like Torchic the most because I find it ironic that something so adorable could be so dangerous.

My favorite fire starter is Typhlosion. It's the only Pokemon I have legitimately raised to level 100. It's also my favorite starter.

It's a tie between Charizard and Typhlosion. I like both their designs a lot and simply can't choose a favorite between the two. Charmander was the first starter I ever saw and I immediately liked it, but I used Cyndaquil as one of my first Pokemon. I never really liked the other fire starters as much.

Well, honestly mine is:
1. Tepig (It's my 3rd favourite Pokemon period, and it can have a great moveset once it becomes Emboar. Oh, and also, very unique typing! :p)
2. Charmander (Classics are always good, and it's always been one of my favourites)
3. Cyndaquil (Has pretty terrible moveset (aside from Eruption & Lava Plume) but, it's just so cute, epic, any other positive word, and one of the only Pokemon that I like all 3 of their evolutions)
4. Torchic (Don't know why, but I've always hated Blaziken. But, I will give it some credit for being the first Fire/Fighting ever)
5. Chimchar (Don't ask me why it's #5. But, I really do like Infernape, though)

1. Torchic - The moment I played Gen III, I fell in love with the little chicken. I loved its design throughout its evolution chain plus it also has decent stats. To add to its physical characteristics, Gen V also gave it Speed Boost which made me love it even more.

2. Cyndaquil - Out of all Pokemon games, Gen II was the one I played most (Crystal specifically; although I no longer can since I misplaced my Gameboy and had to give away the original Crystal game). I loved Typhlosion since it looked pretty cool. It may not be the best in terms of competitive battling, but it definitely was a part of my childhood.

3. Chimchar - Well, I didn't like it before. I used to find this ape utterly stupid and disgusting, until I got into competitive battling. With such amazing stats, I couldn't help but use it. It then grew to me.

4. Tepig - Eh, it's more or less a carbon copy of Chimchar and Torchic...except kind of worse. It doesn't have the best design nor does it have the best stats. I do sound negative here but I honestly love this guy, although not Emboar.

5. Charmander - Don't shoot me for this, please. I disliked Charmander due to it being way too mainstream and it's also insanely overrated. Not to mention it's probably the worst amongst all starters. Honestly, I never liked the design of the family, especially Charizard. *grumbles about Charizard being overrated*

I'm torn between the Torchic line and the Chimchar line. They have the best aesthetics, IMO.

Cyndaquil gets a special mention because of nostalgia. :3

As a person who pretty much loves all the fire starters, this was a difficult choice.

My favorite would be Cyndaquil, the first Pokemon that (Don't shoot!) I got attached to. My Typhlosion eventually won every battle, refrained from yelling at me in Soul Silver, and helped me beat up my battle partner's Lucario. I've noticed that it does have a pretty good Special Attack, too.

Freakn' Blaziken suckers. BEST POKEMON EVER.

Not only this bad boy (girl) looks cool, Blaziken is amazing in battle as well! Back in Hoenn, it was the bomb. Helped me get through 99% of Emerald. BY ITSELF. Exactly. Blaziken is the bomb. Not Infernape.

In Gen V, this awesome Pokemon just got better. Awesome sprite... Along with learning a couple of amazing and powerful new moves. Hi Jump Kick, to name one of the moves. Also, this dude (or dudette) gets Speed Boost from DW. Just, freakn', amazing.

Tepig, Pignite, and Emboar are my current faves. Tepig for being too cute, I love his B2W2 sprite. x3 And Emboar is simply a badass, and can be quite vicious with a Trick Room team that knows what they're doing.

Chimchar, Monferno, and Infernape are second faves. Chimchar is a monkey, and monkeys are love! Infernape is one of the coolest-looking Pokemon ever, and quite useful too.

Infernape and Enbuoh both alone are very awesome for referencing Journey To The West. One of the greatest epic stories in the world.

The rest are "meh" at the moment. Blaziken and Charizard are just plain overrated, and Typhlosion isn't fantastic but he's not boring either.

A tie between Cyndaquil and Torchic because they're both cute. Also, their evolved forms aren't bad either. I don't really care for the others. :x

Charmander
Cyndaquil
Torchic
Chimchar
Tepig

! HOLY SMOKES! I like them in generation order? LOL!

Charizard. Just wished it was Fire/Dragon with Levitate. Get it together, GF! :p

Chimchar/Infernape by a mile. Infernape remains my third favourite pokemon, plus he is viable in Competitive play.
Then it would have to be Cyndaquil/Typhlosion. He was my first Pokemon (I started with SS :p) and he is one of the most valued members on my team.
Then Torchic/Blaziken. I don't really like Torchic but Blaziken is the best starter by far.

1. Charmander
2. Cyndaquil
3. Torchic
4. Chimchar
5. Tepig

They just got worse and worse

I'm just going by the babies, since I feel the same way about the entire evolution line.

In order: Chimchar, Cyndaquil, Torchic, Charmander, Tepig.

I think that they need to come up with a better type to go with Fire that's not Fighting. We've had 3 Fire/Fighting types in a row. Let's get something different for Gen 6.

Tepig is cute, but I don't really like its evolutions. I do like the entire Charmander line and the Cyndaquil line though. Torchic is okay, don't really like Combusken or Blaziken though. As for Chimchar... I really don't like it.

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom