• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Fire Type?

What is your Favorite Fire Type?

• Charmander

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Charmeleon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vulpix

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • Ninetales

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • Growlithe

• Arcanine

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • Ponyta

• Rapidash

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • Magmar

• Flareon

• Cyndaquil

• Quilava

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Typholsion

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Slugma

• Magby

• Entei

• Torchic

• Torkoal

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Sunny Castform

• Chimchar

• Magmortar

• Tepig

• Pansear

• Simisear

• Darumaka

• Darmanitan

• Heatmor

• Fennekin

• Braixen

• Charizard

Votes: 14 11.2%
  • Moltres

• Combusken

• Blaziken

• Numel

• Camerupt

• Monferno

• Infernape

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Heatran

• Pignite

• Emboar

• Delphox

• Fletchinder

• Talonflame

• Litleo

• Pyroar

• Houndour

• Houndoom

Votes: 14 11.2%
  • Heat Rotom

• Litwick

• Lampent

• Chandelure

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • Volcarona

• Victini

• Reshiram

• Total voters
Chandelure, without question. Looks brilliant, love the design (stfu Gen V haters, go play with your magnets), hits like an absolute truck, has Energy Ball to blast the usual Water-types, sounds adorable in Pokken... Why, it's also my second favorite Pokémon of all. Only Gengar tops it.

I picked Talonflame, but I have many fire types I really like. Pyroar, Charmander, Charizard, Infernape, Flareon.

I chose Charizard in the poll (my first starter was charmander so) but in all honestly I love almost every single fire type since it's my favorite typing.

Charmander's line, Flareon, Fenneken's line, and now Litten's line are on top though.

Charizard, Flareon, and Litten are my favourites, and Delphox would be an honorary mention.
In the poll, I chose Charizard though— I have the most memories with Charizard and it was my first starter (and first level 100!). So no doubt I have to give it the love it deserves as my #1 favourite Fire-type. <3

Ninetales! It's kinda a mysterious Pokemon, and it's one of my favorite canine-ish designs. And its role in the PMD series makes it even better. Second favorite would be Chandelure who I think is one of the better inanimate object Pokemon.

I like Arcanine because it's just cool and cuddly at the same time. It's intimidating but also looked very friendly and confident. The kind of Pokemon i'll take on my journey 24/7. Also he's super strong and well balanced! I love me some Arcanine :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love Growlithe and Houndour/Houndoom. I'm a dog lover, what can I say? Ponyta is also adorable, and Rapidash is very beautiful.

I'll say Flareon, since nothing else really sticks out to me. I remember as a child, Jungle Flareon was one of my favorite cards. It looked so warm and fluffy that I really just wanted to take a nap on it. :p Despite it being arguably the most useless Eeveelution in battle, it being so apparently cuddly has kept my opinion of it high.

Arcanine, because it's majestic and has a great movepool with moves like Close Combat, Wild Charge, Extreme Speed, and Dragon Pulse.

Incineroar, Blaziken, and Salazzle are my favourites.
incineroar.gif

Incineroar is amazing! Sure, it may not be the strongest starter I've ever used, but it's far from the worst either, and I still enjoyed using it quite a bit in my playthrough of Sun. My favourite thing about this Pokémon is it's it's design, which suprisingly I hated at first (when it was originally leaked on 4chan). It's not to cluttered, but not boring either.
The amount of personality this Pokémon shows also makes me love it even more.

latest

Blaziken has always been one of my favourites due to Torchic being my first ever starter Pokémon. I think it has a very interesting design, and is probably my favourite starter to use ingame.
Mega Blaziken is pretty neat as well, and definitely one of my favourite megas.

salazzle_by_alolan_sprites-dat730c.gif

Salazzle was an instant favourite for me. Before SM were released I was considering having a Salandit on my team, but after seeing the leaked sprites of Salazzle I was sold. Love her typing, design (especially the colours used), and I highly enjoyed battling with her in Sun. She was without a doubt one of my best Pokémon.

Honerable Mentions: Turtonator, Pyroar, Ninetales, Houndoom, Magby, Typhlosion line, Ho-oh, Volcarona, Infernape,and Mega Charizard Y.

Last edited:
I really like Vulpix, Pyroar, and Reshiram but I was only able to vote for one Pokemon. I picked Vulpix because the design is so beautiful.

Based on primary type: Delphox . I like the flowy witch-like design, the stats, and the fact that is uses a branch.

A close second would be Alolan Marrowak. Like the type combination and the design (especially the flames on the tip of the bone). Along with Cutiefly it's one of the few Alola Pokemon that I like A LOT. Female Pyroar would be another close secod or close third.

Still Chandelure. I frankly can't see this changing for a long time, as Alolan Marowak is too item-reliant and Blacephalon's movepool is so bad that it's borderline insulting. Houndoom is a definite runner-up for being my secondary Mega Evolver.

Probably the Johto starter's final evolution, Typhlosion. I rather like how compared to Cyndaquil and Quilava, it tends to stay on a more bipedal-oriented pose plus, its capability to create spiky lava flames from its back seems to be such a remarkable trait to look at. Also, my absolute preference usually lies towards Pokémon with balanced stats and Typhlosion is one of them.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom