• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Fire Type?

What is your Favorite Fire Type?

• Charmander

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Charmeleon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vulpix

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • Ninetales

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • Growlithe

• Arcanine

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • Ponyta

• Rapidash

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • Magmar

• Flareon

• Cyndaquil

• Quilava

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Typholsion

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Slugma

• Magby

• Entei

• Torchic

• Torkoal

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Sunny Castform

• Chimchar

• Magmortar

• Tepig

• Pansear

• Simisear

• Darumaka

• Darmanitan

• Heatmor

• Fennekin

• Braixen

• Charizard

Votes: 14 11.2%
  • Moltres

• Combusken

• Blaziken

• Numel

• Camerupt

• Monferno

• Infernape

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Heatran

• Pignite

• Emboar

• Delphox

• Fletchinder

• Talonflame

• Litleo

• Pyroar

• Houndour

• Houndoom

Votes: 14 11.2%
  • Heat Rotom

• Litwick

• Lampent

• Chandelure

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • Volcarona

• Victini

• Reshiram

• Total voters

Pokeplayer150

Reaction score
Well, here's my second post in my series, this time I included Pokemon that weren't fully evolved to keep it more fair. As for my personal favorite, it would have to be a tie between one of my favorite typing combos and favorite starters: Chandelure and Blaziken. Chandelure has a very interesting concept and design as well as a great special attack while Blaziken is arguably one of the best fully evolved starters out there.

Last edited:
I like lots of fire-types, but my favorite is Pyroar, because I love lions. I also love how they incorporated gender differences like real lions. Houndoom is a close second though.

Ooh, my favourite type (yes, even though I identify with Misty) - decisions, decisions. I've used a great deal of the Pokemon listed there & lots of them are great when used properly.
But I've got to go with :006:

I love Fletchinder's design. I love Talonflame too - sorry guys, but I loved it from the moment I saw the design, it was never about competitive play - but Fletchinder's one of my favourite middle-stage pokémon ever

My favorite is Houndoom because I like its design and typing the best. I also really like Infernape, Delphox, and Chandelure.

I chose Arcanine because it's a pure fire type and is my favourite pure fire type. Otherwise it would be Reshiram who's my favourite legendary.

Oh, the Fire type, my second favorite type. There are a lot of good Pokemon in the Fire type, many of which I like. But this is an easy one for me regardless: Blaziken. Though Honorable mentions go to Infernape, Delphox, and Chandelure.

I really like Camerupt because of its design with the two volcanoes as humps. Also really love its mega evo.

My favorite Fire-type would probably have to be my all-time favorite: Reshiram. I love Reshiram because of how majestic and divine it is, and not to mention that it looks like a maniraptoran, which is really cool considering how much I love feathered dinosaurs.
Also, hate to be that guy, but Ho-oh's missing from the poll.

Hey, I guess I don't mind the fire type. It's not my favourite, but not many top it. It's one of those types you can (generally) rely on to be a blast to use, even if it's not really defensive enough for my liking.

As for my favourite, well, I'm not feeling quite inclined to tell you. Ahem, perhaps you'd like to investigate the matter a little more closely. Maybe take a close look around your surroundings. Perchance hire a detective to assist in the search. And perhaps an answer will come to you, hehehe.

Uhh... so many choices...

I love Charizard. My fire dragon, my first Pokemon and ace of my noob team, the first whose level maxed out. However, I'll go with Volcarona. Aside from its stupid-high evolution rate and slow-to-gain moveset, there's a lot to love about this solar moth. Its design is pretty and creative, its typing is pretty unusual, it can take a hit from a rock type (unlike Charizard... sniff...), its signature move, Fiery Dance, has a great XY animation, and it has Flame Body and the ability to learn Fly, filling the niche of egg hatcher and aerial transport. Charizard is always going to be one of my favorites, but Volcarona is overall a better Pokemon.

Runner-ups are Talonflame and Reshiram. Talonflame gets points for its sweet design (did I mention I love birds of prey?), its speed, and its trolling Brave Bird/Acrobatics + Gale Wings combo. It can also fill the egg hatcher/flier role. Reshiram just gives me good memories of BW's endgame.

Last edited:
Charizard because it's one the best Pokémon that originates from the Kanto region and because of it's draconic features and I picked him (technically it was Charmander) when I started Pokémon, he has a place in my heart no other Pokémon can replace.

Torkoal because it's a cute little furnace tortoise. Now where's my Mega

Vulpix, Ninetales, Growlithe, Ponyta, Cyndaquil, Quilava, Typhlosion, Torchic, Blaziken, Fennekin, Braixen.

Voted for Vulpix, tho.

Hey, I guess I don't mind the fire type. It's not my favourite, but not many top it. It's one of those types you can (generally) rely on to be a blast to use, even if it's not really defensive enough for my liking.

As for my favourite, well, I'm not feeling quite inclined to tell you. Ahem, perhaps you'd like to investigate the matter a little more closely. Maybe take a close look around your surroundings. Perchance hire a detective to assist in the search. And perhaps an answer will come to you, hehehe.
Haha, I bet even Looker could have figured that out :lol:!

I picked Pyroar only because I didn't see Charizard on the list until after the fact. =B

Charizard is actually my all-time favorite Fire-type. I couldn't care less if he is super popular! He is popular for a reason and I love him! He is what got me into Pokemon, after all.

Pyroar does come at a very close second, though, beating out the Tepig-line who are now tied as my third favorite of all the Fire-types.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom