• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite funny moments in the anime

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Just wanted to make a less serious thread for fun. List as many as you like.

Mine would be:
  • Everything involving Mankey/Primeape in Primeape Goes Bananas.
  • Brock's reaction to biting the fake plastic cake in Abra and the Psychic Showdown.
  • Ash, Misty, Brock, and Duplica dressing in Team Rocket uniforms and (attempting) to recite the TRio's motto much to their annoyance.
  • Everything in The Superhero Secret from Gligarman's entire character basically being a 60's Batman parody to Jessie dressing up as a supervillain.
  • Everything in the episode Air Time! because that episode's insane, over the top, and makes almost no sense and that's why I love it!
  • Jessie catching Seviper by beating it up by herself after it bit a piece of her hair off.
  • Sullivan's Master Ball somehow failing against the Whiscash.
  • Brock, Max, James and the Pokemon's reaction to eating May's Purple Surprise.
  • DP142 as a whole!
  • Meowth's and Oshawott's reaction to finding out the Purrloin they had a crush on in episode BW044 was a male.
  • Sadly I couldn't find many super funny memorable moments in XY that stood out to me personally, but this face Braixen makes is priceless!
    tvtropes said:
    Clemont's issues with inventions became such a Running Gag, even Braixen knew what to expect.
  • SM093 for the same reason as Air Time! above.

Last edited:
Almost any moment involving Ash’s Oshawott...the times it turned black and white in shock were hilarious.

School of Hard Knocks had my all-time favorite quote in the series ( "I hate the way she treats us, but I like the way she looks.")
Also from "The School of Hard Knocks", this gem by Brock.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvWEiGXOt2w

Pikachu's love for ketchup in "Showdown at Dark City". Shame it was never shown or referenced again outside of X/Y Japanese ending theme.

And how can we forget about James's most epic moment?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJDyRZ0c7yQ

Eric Stuart considered it his favourite scene as James - and there's a good reason.

• The entire second act from the first episode.
  • Ash's claim that Sabrina's father is the photographer.
  • Ash lifting Misty as a ghost. doubles as shipping moment
  • The attempts to make Ash's Snorlax fall asleep.
  • Snorlax chasing Ash dressed as an apple.
  • James' motivational speech in the Whirl Islands Digglet episode. (the Latin American translation was gold)
  • Jessie and James' motto from the Lugia Arc, as the latin American voice actors switched roles.
  • Jenny's declaration that Brock is guilty of stealing Phanpy's egg.
  • The costume distraction in the Claydoll episode.
  • Harley dressing up as May.
  • Togekiss' mediation.
  • Bianca's attempts to get Minccino.
  • Burgundy's "sad" backstory.
  • Emolga's story and love for apples.
  • Cilan's "evolution time" and "siesta time".
  • Allie finding out that Clemont is a robot and escaped on his underwear.
  • Clemont's use of "magic" in the alternate world.
  • Serena being unable to dance with Ash because the song ended.
  • Ash's fantasy of Kiawe scolding him for losing his crystals.
  • Jigglypuff coming back to Oak's ranch.
  • Ulu discovering Nina's about to get married.

Jessie trying to open a Clampearl shell, Gible latched on to Ash's head and the scene where Ash's classmates are making Pokémon out of clay with Sophicles standing next to his totally untouched clay block and claiming it's Charjabug. That last one is funny in practice even if I can't make it sound funny on paper.

Musashi vs Habunake in early AG. It's still absolutely hilarious to me and solidified Megumi Hayashibara as own of my all-time favorite Japanese VAs. Ditto whenever Mamoru Miyano did any scenes where Dent fanboys over anything or did anything flamboyant like cosplay as Kamitsure. :)

Almost anytime Bianca shouts “outta my way” and Ash falls into some conveniently placed bodies of water.

I'm sure I'll miss a ton of stuff, but this is what I could come up with off the top of my head (without mentioning the above, many of which I agree with)

My favorites:
-Boss fantasies, boss fantasies, boss fantasies
-Anytime the TR motto is copied by someone else
-I know it was already mentioned and I said I wouldn't, but I can't help but mention James as a Moltres, its one of the best moments in the history of the series
-The scene where May got Ash to travel with her
-Most of May's early struggles as a trainer
-May's reactions to the trick master
-Brock's fantasy when he said he'd be a domestic god
-Anytime May did the tv show thing with her hands, especially when Drew made fun of her for it
-The way Pachirisu acted in the steamboat episode
-Majority of Barry moments, especially when involving/being about Paul
-Most anything Lyra did in her short time on the show
-Iris begin dry/sarcastic in response to stupid stuff
-Cilan obsessing over random things
-Emolga's gluttony
-I really didn't like Oshawott, but when it spiked its scalchop on the ground, then carefully picked it up that really made me laugh every time
-Bianca's obsession with Zorua during that tournament, and the resulting interactions when she thought Zorua was different people
-Mirror cave episode, especially Serena and Clemont
-Many Clemont inventions, the names, the setup were very funny
-Bonnie and Meowth stuck together episode, a lot of hilarious lines
-Most things Bonnie did really
-Hawlucha's personality and interactions

That scene from Ash Catches a Pokemon where TRio were laughing at Ash's Caterpie. Also the scene from A Scare in the Air when TRio freaked out when they saw the "ghost".

The one moment that gets me every time is in the Musashi/Haruka vs Kojiro/Satoshi double battle when the girls are losing and Musashi just says 'eh f- it' and releases Dokucale into the fray resulting in utter, delicious chaos.
Jessie and James' motto from the Lugia Arc, as the latin American voice actors switched roles.
This sounds awesome. Did they pretend to do one another's roles or just blatantly have Jessie's lines coming out of James' mouth/vice versa?

Holy mother of love and truth, the Latin American Team Rocket are the true shizzle as TRio VAs go... just one rung short of the God-tier which Megumi, Miki and Inuko attained by actually being Musashi, Kojiro and Nyasu!

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom