• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite game generations

For me, my favorite Gen would be V. Why? I finally, after so many years, got me a pair of "I will love you forever" faves: Golett and Golurk. I admit it--I was on the fence when it came to Gen V until I spotted the sprite of what looked to be a giant robot...

Of course, Gen V having a great story and adding the Musicals--yes, I like them!--also helped.

I think my least favorite would have to be II. I've found that a good number of the Johto Pokemon just aren't all that memorable and the story was a bit lacking. Johto did have good music however, so I'll give it that. (Not saying I didn't enjoy the games; they just felt a little lacking in my book.)

I... I... Yes, this, excluding the Golett/Lurk part, and even a bit, cause I still adore the family, Gen V brought me so many of my favorites, I never even had any favorites before it, the region, the plot, the characters, music, musicals (for I also like them, they're cute).

Gen III to me is also on a high spot for its great diversity and a gameplay that just... flows really well, and I also liked the enviromental messages, which is rare since I usually hate those.

Gen II was just... weak, IMO, it felt like it was just clinging so hard to Gen I that it never found its own purpose, which is a shame, since I think Johto, as a concept, could be worth a lot more, perhaps, in a future game, when Kanto is inacessible, Johto may receive its own glory in the name of better execution.

I say my favorite Gen is II or V. I liked II because it had two regions, it was a lot more balanced that Gen I, and had the Gameboy color Charm. The Gen V also has the best graphics, the most possibilities with pokemon and moves, and it's just has a lot more features overall.

Excluding remakes, here's my order:

V
II
I
IV
III

Gen V has epic moments, relatable characters, and an awesome soundtrack. Some of the Pokemon are also really great. Gen II was my first gen and the 16 badges and two regions are unmatched. Gen I is where my favorite Pokemon come from, and I find the glitches HILARIOUS.

I like all of them really

but I like gen 4 because it was where I started.It also has some cool pokemon too

Gen IV, followed by III, V, II, and in last place, 1. I made up a dream Pokedex of what I would love to have in a generation, and I just could not stop including Pokemon from Gen IV. I love the characters, story, contests, physical/special split, and just about everything in Sinnoh. Hoenn would have been in first, but it has a freakishly huge amount of water. I know it's a weak excuse, but me and Tentacool encounters every five seconds do not mix. Unova introduced the deepest story yet, characters with deep backgrounds, outstanding music, and a bunch of amazing Pokemon. Johto was really well done, but I didn't like a whole lot of Pokemon or characters. Kanto...I like it, but the feeling of exploration has ebbed away over the years, with all the advances the other four generations made.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom