• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Ghost Type

Gengar, followed by Giratina. They also happen to be my two favorite Pokemon.

B-but why must I choose? *Cries* But if you're making me, it's between Chandelure, Pumpkaboo, Cofagrigas, and Aegislash.

Though if we're talking to use in battle, it's Aegislash all the way.

Mega Banette is awesome. Shame its stats are sort of all over the place and why isn't it part Dark!. But at least the design is great.

Chandelure is second to it. Third is Trevenant.

Spr_5b_302.png

Gourgeist, Jellicent M, and Drifblim are next in line.

Hmm, there are quite a few Ghosts; whichever shall I pick?

Oh, we all know the answer to this one: Golett and Golurk. Those two are my babies and probably the only Ghosts out there that wouldn't think of ending you. I always have at least one of them on my team at all times. Next closest would be Rotom, as it's such a little punk.

Ghosts aren't my favorite type, but I do like Jellicent, Froslass sort of, Phantump, and Golurk.

Giratina is my favorite because it is the only Ghost type legendary if you don't count Arceus with Spooky Plate.

Ghost-Type is one of my least favourite types, which is kinda weird since I love anything to do with the paranormal. I think my main problem with most ghost types is that their designs usually don't interest me. That being said, there are still a few ghost types I really, really like.

Giratina
latest

A favourite of mine for many years. I never played any of the gen 4 games until recently, so I was first introduced to Giratina through the movie, Giratina and the Sky Warrior. I was blown away with how 'evil' and cool it was, and since then it's been one of top favourite legendaries, and even Pokémon overall.
I love both of its forms, but altered is my favourite by just a little. Possibly due to looking like an adorable chubby centipede/dragon of death <3

Mismagius
latest

Couldn't care less about its pre-evolution, but this Pokémon is badass. Love it's design and inspiration. Definitely one of the cooler gen 4 mons. If they ever release DP remakes, I'll definitely consider having one on my team.

Froslass
latest

One of my favourite Ice-Types and Gen 4 mons. Let's just say I think Froslass' design is AWESOME. Not only is it really cool to look at, but it is also quite elegant and pretty at the same time.
Also another Pokémon I'd consider having on my team if gen 4 remakes were released.

Pumpkaboo
latest

This Pokémon grew on me overtime. At first I wasn't a huge fan of it. I mean, I didn't hate it, but it didn't interest me much either.
However recently I've come to like this cute lil' pumpkin monster. I love how it seems to be a mix of a pumpkin and a bat, and I also think it's adorable as hell.
Shame it's evolution is so ugly.

Shedinja
latest

First saw this mon in an episode of the anime. Thought it was really cool, and I've been a fan of it ever since. Love it's design and the lore behind it.

Last edited:
Mismagius and Golurk are my favorites, in that order. Ghost is one of my favorite types and those two are number 2 and 4 on my list, respectively.

Its so hard to pick, there aren't many ghosts I don't like! Currently I think maybe my fave is Banette, but the runners up are Rotom and Pumpkaboo. Banette wins for being huggable AND super creepy! And it just rocketted up my faves list when it got its new mega evolution ^_^

Pretty sure my sig makes it obvious it's Sableye, let alone my favorite overall. :3

I also like Haunters and Phantumps. That's all I can think of right now, though. :p

Gengar is the best prank-bro and always will be, but Trevenant has really grown (heh, get it, because it's a tree) on me since X and Y came out.

Chandelure is my favourite ghost type, because it's also my favourite fire type.

Ghost is my favorite type, and Gengar just takes the cake. Chandelure's second.
With both of those being playable for Pokken, I'm now very tempted to check that game out.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom