• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Ghost Type

Gengar, Decidueye, Rotom, Mismagius, Chandelure and Golurk are my faves.

Chandelure and Mimikyu.
I love Chandelures design and it was also pretty good on my competitive team in Y.
Mimikyu is my best pokémon in Moon. The AI has wasted so many z-moves on its disguise:D.

Definitely Aegislash. Crazy strong and has one of the most unique battling gimmicks in the game that actually works.

Here’s my top five favorite Ghost types:

I’m quite a fan of Pokémon with crystals integrated into their design and Sableye is a perfect example of this. Besides its gemstones, Sableye looks very cool—very goblin-like—and has quite an interesting typing.

I love the idea of a possessed golem, which is why I like Golurk so much. Its overall design is pretty awesome, and it has some great animations as well. I also like its cry.

Spiritomb has the best cry out of the Ghost types, hands down. Besides its cry, Spiritomb has a pretty interesting design and backstory.

Giratina-Altered is just plain cool: cool design, cool home, cool backstory, etc. I think my favorite part of its design, and the main reason why I prefer Altered over Origin, is the ragged, spiked wings.

Shedinja is pretty unique in a variety of ways. I really like the concept of a shed exoskeleton becoming sentient. I’ve always wanted to use one in game.

It's a tie for me between Litwick and Chandelure. For simplicity sake I'll just say their whole evolution line.

I love the design of them, their background story in dex entries, their secondary typing, how cute I find them, and how particularly strong I find Chandelure to be in battle. I just love them so much.

I absolutely love Pokémon with well thought out and deep backstories. And for the Ghost types, that to me is Spiritomb

The number 108 gets thrown around a lot with Spiritomb: Regional Dex #108, weighs 108 kg, has a Sp. Def and Def of 108, and many more other references to 108. This is a clear reference to how many temptations one has to overcome in order to attain Nirvana in Buddhism. This comes off as incredibly specific and I live for it.

There is also a reference to an event from of the Four Great Chinese Novels: Water Margin (I'm personally a bigger fan of Journey to the West and Romance of the 3 Kingdoms) where an army removes a stone monument and unleashes 108 demons, who then later become the main heroes of the plot for Water Margin. Another allusion to a classical work I really enjoy. I suppose this enraptures me.

Next, remember that its typing meant it basically had no weakness prior to Fairy types. This thing was so difficult to attain in Diamond for me, but holy heck did it pay dividends!

My favourite is Haunter. Out of it's line, I think it's the most funny and inappropriate due to his claws and tongue! :p
Being the only ones and Poison type I grew to love Ghastly and Haunter. I just love the anime episode of the Ghost of Maiden's Peak and Haunter is jolly prankster.
Due to not being able to obtain it because of trading and because of those red eyes, I didn't liked Gengar until I had one in HG and got used to it.

I love Trevenant, but I think it could have more of the wise-tree motif, with a pair of eyes instead of being a cousin of Dusclops.

I like almost all ghost-type Pokemon, but my favorites are definitely Drifloon and Drifblim.They're cute, spooky balloons! I think I just have a weakness for beady-eyed, armless round Pokés.

Litwick and its evolution line are a close second because their designs are just beautiful to look at. Aegislash is third because I think its whole attack/defense switching gimmick is both super cool and fun to use in battle.

I adore the Chandelure and Aegislash lines. I had one of them for my play-troughs in Pokemon Black and X respectively. They are just so cool and quirky, with a little bit of creepiness. Plus, both of them have great typings. Just my style of Pokemon.

Shedinja_EpEc.gif

I know I already made a post here, but Shedinja worked its way into my favorite Ghost type slot after I used one in my second Sword playthrough. It's definitely a difficult Pokemon to use, but it's still pretty unique and interesting.

1. Golett is a very cute robot with great colors.
2. Giratina is a great ghost beast that looks imposing.
3. Golurk is a badass titan and a great evolution to Golett.
4. Decidueye is a very cool starter.
5. Duskull is a cute skull lantern.

Honorable mentions: Cofagrigus, Frillish, Jellicent, Palossand, Cursola, Dreepy, Dragapult.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom