• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite girl character?

Favorite Girl

• Total voters
For some, yes. I liked Ash in Hoenn, but he had no rival and there were really no other story arcs in that saga besides Magma/Aqua who barely appeared.

Sorry to correct you but. May was in no way "the main selling part of Hoenn" at all.

Ash is not a girl, and neither is the Hoenn story arc. :p I don't think we're supposed to talk about them, but instead focus on the females.

My sister wants demands of me to say that she likes Dawn because Dawn is pretty. I assume it's also because she was the first girl she was introduced to.

LOL, this thread is so laughable...I'm seeing the same comments from the same haters all the damn time...who died and said that fans of a certain character need to answer to anyone else to validate their reasons for liking someone?

LMAO, this fandom is too much sometimes.

Can we forget about the fans of characters, and talk about the characters themselves?

Can we forget about the fans of characters, and talk about the characters themselves?

It's kinda hard to do that when you've got blatant character bashing all over the forum...

Anyways, I beleive I also said Iris as well...she's the epitome of a "wild child"...Jungle Girl, I like her! She's got so much potential. She can be charming at times, and energetic too...She keeps her pokemon in her hair, and she can swing from vines from trees!! LOL, what more could people want! LOL

Sorry to correct you but. May was in no way "the main selling part of Hoenn" at all.

Then what exactly did they revamp the cast for? At the time there was no indication new females would be continually introduced every new saga.

Then what exactly did they revamp the cast for? At the time there was no indication new females would be continually introduced every new saga.

I think the pokemon are the main selling point of any season.

The character has been gone for 5 years since the end of AG, besides her short DP appearance, most discussions of that character were concluded years ago. It seems to me that May fans don't have to constantly reassure themselves why they like her nor do they need to rant on message boards.

I honestly think the most popular part of the AG series was May's contests. Aside from people liking Ash's Hoenn Pokemon, she was pretty much the main selling point of that saga. There were really no other main storylines at the time since Ash had no rival and the villain team barely appeared.

Are you frustrated tonight or are you just determined to p*ss people off! XD

The reason I thought May wasn't as popular was because in other polls she usually doesn't come out as being very popular and she's the character that gets mentioned and argued about the least (and at the end of the day, if you argue about a character like some of you all do, then that shows that you're passionate about them one way or another) :p

It seems like this thread is divided into two parts. The Mistie's and the Dawn's. It seems like the Mistie's have kindly accepted Iris into their fanbase and the Dawn's have snubbed her like the snubby snobs they are. There seems to be very few 'imbetweeners' and if there is any, they're usually May fans.

Are you frustrated tonight or are you just determined to p*ss people off! XD

The reason I thought May wasn't as popular was because in other polls she usually doesn't come out as being very popular and she's the character that gets mentioned and argued about the least (and at the end of the day, if you argue about a character like some of you all do, then that shows that you're passionate about them one way or another) :p

It seems like this thread is divided into two parts. The Mistie's and the Dawn's. It seems like the Mistie's have kindly accepted Iris into their fanbase and the Dawn's have snubbed her like the snubby snobs they are. There seems to be very few 'imbetweeners' and if there is any, they're usually May fans.

I was arguing the exact opposite. May has always been one of the most popular characters in the series, and everyone knows how popular the contests were.

I lol'd at "One of the moms".

Anyway... I voted Misty, May, Jessie and the moms. Particularly Delia and Lola. All of them for shallow reasons: they're hot. Yes, that's it. They also were there when I bothered to watch the Anime, before Battle Frontier and terrible VA choice (In Mexico) for characters I actually care about ruined it forever for me.

Also, all of them besides Lola had sexy swimsuit moments. Lola was just so damn funny and quirky and reminded me of an older Yui Kasuga. I also liked Jessie and her creepy/psycho stunts, though she's the least funny among Team Rocket.

Dawn had epic thighs, but crappy swimsuits, and DP was overall boring besides J, Mars and Gym Leaders stuff. I'm OK with Iris, but the only reason I even watch anything in BW is Bianca. Otherwise, I'm not bothering.

Shallow as it may be, that's my choice and my reason. lol

Delia was enjoyable in Kanto. Before she stopped appearing regularly.

GO ASH'S MOM!
I like nurse Joy (the Unova one the best.)
I like Dawn and Iris
and I like the old officer jenny (the ones before Unova)

I was arguing the exact opposite. May has always been one of the most popular characters in the series, and everyone knows how popular the contests were.

Then why didn't you just say that?

I stand by what I said. I'm not saying that it's not the case. I Just genuinely didn't think it was and my initial post was about how I was pleasantly surprised to see that I was wrong. My post was perfectly innocent but it seemed to anger you.

MODS *No need to warn me, I'll stay on topic from now on, promise*

Most of these polls usually wind up nearly tied. Iris is excused because she's too new and
a lot of people like her out of freshness.

I am not surprised at the poll at all, also some people didn't realize you can vote for more than one character.

Sometimes, I hate pickin favorites and this time I picked in ranking order:

1) Misty - pretty much helped the franchise expand, along with Ash/Brock/Pika, she didn't last that long unfortunely cause she got bland as the writers wanted to mix it up.
2) May - very underrated, she kept WINNING over most of her rivals and if it wasn't for Solidad, she couldn't been crowned KING QUEEN by the fans
3) Iris - Come on, man. She was 5000 times better than Dawn. She made Dawn look like Pierre McGuire while making herself look like Tyler Perry/Charles Barkley. "You're such a kid, Ash"

I voted for everyone listed on the poll. If I had to pick one though, it would be Domino. Her not being an option makes me a sad Kakuna. :<

Edit: Scratch that, I didn't vote for Soledad. I barely remember her at all.

Last edited:
Misty was the one I was introduced to, but I lost interest during the johto season and got back into the anime when May and the 3rd generation was introduced. I really like both but I just think I like May better because of her personality and looks. Dawn is cool in my book too. Can't talk about Iris since I haven't watched Best Wishes.

Jessie was my favorite; I just love Team Rocket in general x)

Back
Top Bottom