• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite girl character?

Favorite Girl

• Total voters
Dawn is my Top Choice.
She is one girl that I really respect and I Like her very much!

Dawn all the way:

- Wardrobe
- Shipping potential w/ Ash
- Decent character development
- Potential representation for a female trainer in the next Smash Bros. title, until Iris showed up

Mine's Misty. A lot of it is nostalgia, but I always felt like she was a great fit with Ash and Brock. I thought she fit right in, had her own goals and made her own choices and I always loved her relationship with Ash. The love hate relationship but I always felt like Ash and her had a special connection, stronger than the rest and that they sort of fell in love with each other even though they wouldn't admit it even though some of Misty's reactions to when Ash got a kiss from another girl like in 2 of the movies was priceless.

Moved this to Live Caster as a Contest thread. Please keep in mind this rule especially:

Live Caster Contest Thread Rules said:
When voting please give a reason for why you made that particular choice. Failure to do so will result in a Pointless Post infraction.

Thank you.

Remember in Contest threads, you need to give reasons for your choices ^^

My favrite girl character is definitely Dawn. In fact, she's one of my favorite characters in general.

Dawn. At the beginning she was overconfident and thought that was able to win every contest, but after two losses in a row in DP049 and DP061 she doubted herself a lot for the rest of the saga, which seemed very realistic for the character. She worked very hard to perfect her contest techniques, to the point that noone was able to call her lazy and that she could have done better during her journey. Plus, there's nothing wrong with a girl acting like a girl, instead of a tomboy, like Misty and Iris (though I liked the former quite a lot too, because of the character development she went through in the original series and how seamless her transition to a more calm character was in Orange Islands and Johto).

Dawn. Period. I love how she was realistic in her reaction to losing two contest. I loved the high fives between her and Ash. I will honestly say that I cried when she left. I still can't watch the episode without gettin misty eyed. May is second. Iris is just there and doesn't have any important plot going for her. Same for Misty but in past tense. I like for the companions to have something to do. Jessie was a creepy sicopathic lady( which I love) with an awsome laugh until she got turned into a robot in BW.

I liked May. I mostly liked her hair (don't ask why??) I even played as her in one of my (many) playthroughs of Ruby.

A close second would be Ash's Mom. Shes got it going on. ;)

So May got the hightest vote
Well she is the most prettiest cast girl yet but her personality is kind a soft
But I guess May's Beauty & personality has nothing to do with her popularity. I think the Reason Behind May's popularity Is that May Start of as hopeless & weakest cast girl but slowly by working hard she manage to become as strong as Ash & other
Isn't this is the Reason U guys like her
unfortunate the girl that I like isn't in the poll so I voted other
Her name is Salon Maiden Anabel
I also wish Ash to have a Super cute female rival who act like a typical Tsundree
I have a dream tonight where Drew & May about to get married. Their parent's are preparing the weeding & they are also arguing each other . May & Drew appear (surprisingly they are still 10 year old), Then May's Mother grad both their sholder & tease them about their marriage which make both of the blush.
For some reason, I was soooo jealous

I don't know why but I like COTD girls. I know people don't but I always did. Show up once or twice then split.

Misty (Any Form) and May (AG Only) = #1
Jessie (OS Only) = #2
Iris and Dawn (Early DP and BW2 Cameo Only) = #3

Least favorite is a 3-Way Tie: Cassidy/Yamato (Late BF) = Johanna = Delia (TPCi Dubbed Version Only)

Last edited:
Iris is my favorite. I like how she looks (she could cut 80% of her hair, though and I assure you, she would look gorgeous with shorter hair), I love her voice (Aoi Yuki have the best voice ever) and her catchphrase is just awesome (I love how some fans get annoyed at Iris calling Satoshi a kid, even though he is, you know, A KID). Also her team isn't, or better, wasn't as bad as the other female companion's team. The reason I said was is because her Kairyu is a disgrace, but I still enjoy Doryuzu, Emonga and Kibago (to some extent). I do wish she was more developed through the series, though. :|

Hikari would be my second favorite. I like her personality, but I think she could have been a bit less serious. Hikari and the DP series overall lack a lot in the "humor" department. I also don't enjoy contests that much ._. I really wish she was a trainer like Satoshi, that would have been great methinks. Her visual isn't as good as Haruka's, but she still looks good and I don't mind the infamous miniskirt. In regards of her team... it was so bad. I hate Pachirisu, Hinoarashi was boring and had zero personality and how I wished her annoying Mimirol would evolve into a glorious Mimilop. Mammoo was her best and most interesting Pokémon and unlike some people here, I did enjoy her Togekiss. Overall I really liked the character.

Kasumi was nice and love her early-series Tsundere personality. Johto ruined her a bit too me, but I still have fond memories of the character. Also I wish she caught some more interesting Pokémon or at least have used the ones shed had more. Lastly, Haruka is sort of uninteresting, although I love how she looks. I will hold my judgement about her until I have the chance to watch all AG episodes (e.g never), but I don't feel like I would ever like her as much as I like Iris and Hikari.

tl;dr: Iris > Hikari > Kasumi > Haruka.

I have nothing to say about the other women in the poll. Well, Musashi is cool sometimes, I suppose, but that is about it. Kojiro is the one that makes Team Rocket slightly enjoyable to me.

Probably Jessie. Up until BW, I found her to be hysterical. I also love all of her Pokemon, and she has a neat back story with Cassidy and TR.

The other female companions are alright, but Jessie was far more entertaining than others.

Back
Top Bottom