• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Grass Type

Favorite Grass Type

• Bulbasaur

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Ivysaur

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Venusaur

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • Oddish

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gloom

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Vileplume

• Bellossom

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Paras

• Parasect

• Bellsprout

• Weepinbell

• Victreebel

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Exeggcute

• Exeggutor

• Tangela

• Tangrowth

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Leafeon

Votes: 14 14.1%
  • Chikorita

• Bayleef

• Meganium

Votes: 8 8.1%
  • Hoppip

• Skiploom

• Jumpluff

• Sunkern

• Sunflora

• Celebi

• Treecko

• Grovyle

• Sceptile

Votes: 13 13.1%
  • Lotad

• Lombre

• Ludicolo

• Seedot

• Nuzleaf

• Shiftry

• Shroomish

• Breloom

• Budew

• Roselia

• Roserade

• Cacnea

• Cacturne

• Lileep

• Cradily

• Tropius

• Turtwig

• Grotle

• Torterra

• Cherubi

• Cherim

• Carnivine

• Snover

• Abomasnow

• Shaymin [-S]

• Snivy

• Servine

• Serperior

• Pansage

• Simisage

• Sewaddle

• Swadloon

• Leavanny

• Cotonne

• Whimsicott

• Petilil

• Lilligant

• Maractus

• Deerling

• Sawsbuck

• Foongus

• Amoongus

• Ferroseed

• Ferrothorn

• Virizion

• Chespin

• Quilladin

• Chesnaught

• Skiddo

• Gogoat

• Phantump

• Trevenant

• Pumpkaboo

• Gourgeist

• Total voters

Envoy

Formerly GTT
Reaction score
Well, everybody's doing these, so I figured I'd toss my proverbial hat into the equally proverbial fire. Besides, Grass is by far my favorite type, and I figured, why wait until someone else did this?

So, who'd your favorite Grass type and why?

Mine will always be Bulbasaur.
dragon7274.gif
He's been with me since the beginning and has never let me down. Also, he's adorable as hell.

Other runners-up:

Meganium_XY.gif
Sceptile_XY.gif
chesnaught.png
407.png
Breloom_XY.gif

Last edited:
The beautiful wonder of Leafeon. Sure Eeveelutions aren't that great (excluding Jolteon, Umbreon, Leafeon, and Sylveon) Leafeon stands as my favourite grass type, and My favourite pokemon in General

Ferrothorn, Cradily, Ludicolo and Torterra are all awesome, but they can't beat the coolness of Grovyle.
Grovyle has always been one of my favorite Pokémon and PMD T/D/S greatly reinforced that position.

Grovyle is wonderful

Last edited:
Well I must say that I have difficulties of choosing this one, since Grass type my favorite type of all generation.
Anyway I choose Leafeon based on the design and power. Sceptile would be my favorite too, but it's just that I don't like it that much.

Bellossom! I've loved it since it was introduced, though Omega Ruby will be the first time I'll use one on my team.

I also really like Ivysaur, Treecko, Grovyle, Leafeon, Pansage and Whimsicott.

Though I love nearly all Grass types, I went with Trevenant in the end, cause it combines two of my favourite types (and I only went with Trevenant cause I think its concept is slightly more interesting, though I absolutely adore Gourgeist as well)

Torterra, hands down. It's just the coolest Grass Mon on the block. Plus it has a pretty good typing and great selection of moves to use (just use one Rock move and it covers all its weaknesses in one shot). Gogoat gets an honorable mention, also being a sweet, flexible Grass Pokemon.

Coming from a somewhat biased viewpoint from my story, I really couldn't vote for anything other than leafeon. Original, I know. But really, leafeon's such a neat pokemon. Relatively simple design, but still fancy and elegant in a way. And a very athletic fighter, with excellent physical stats and a couple of rather neat moves people sometimes forget. But mostly just elegant.

Though I'm not really a fan of Grass type Pokemon because it's limited powerful moves and limited walling abilities(not that fan of Ferrothorn because of x4 weakness against Fire), I always choose Sceptile.

But I am still dreaming to have a Pokemon with Fire and Grass type. Hmm..

Way too many to choose from for me. Though I'd have to give it to Shiftry. Amazing design, love its typing + really love Seedot too. It can be pretty varied when it comes to battling too, able to be physical, special or mixed. Roserade, Trevenant, Ludicolo, Cradily, and Whimsicott are other ones I love. (Though to be honest I love more Grass-types than that, I just don't want to list them all and make the post too long.)

I guess my hated ones list is longer than liked ones list on this one.
Liked ones; Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Sceptile, Skiddo, Gogoat.
Voted for Chikorita.

I voted Tropius, forgetting about Sawsbuck. But no one seems to be mentioning poor Tropius, so I won't take the vote back.

Tropius is one of my top 10 favorites! I'm also really warming up to Gogoat and Skiddo since goats are awesome and they are not too shabby in battle!

I voted for Sawsbuck, because I love all his different forms (I wish I could breed a perfect winter form in XY though), but I do love Reserade's forms and Bellossom.

I think I like far to many grass-types to choose a favorite. There's Leafeon, Sceptile, Breloom, Gogoat, Tropius, Chesnaught, Shaymin and Meganium. Well, since I think I've had the most success with Meganium, that's who I'll vote for, but like I said, I don't think I could choose a real favorite among these guys.

Serperior is easily my favorite Grass-type overall (Although there are plenty of other cool ones, like Torterra and Virizion). It's my pick because of how sleek and regal it is, not to mention being a giant snake, which makes it pretty awesome.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom