• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite ground or rock type?

Rakumo

Lightning Monkey
Reaction score
There's a few of these around, and I dug back a few pages to see if there was one for these guys. There wasn't. Naturally, I had to change that. ;D

My favorite ground type is Marowak, always has been, always will be. As far as rock types go, I'd probably say Golem, who's also half ground type. No, of course I'm not biased at all...

GARCHOMP. who wouldn't.

and Rock.. hmm, I like Tyranitar. =P

My favorite Ground-type is Dugtrio. On a close second is Flygon.
My favorite Rock-type is Tyranitar.

Rock: Armaldo. I've always had a thing for him :)
Ground: Sandshrew/Sandslash. Cuties!

Mine probably Diglett, who does not like a good old wack a mole?

Next is probably Torterra since its not weak to ground moves like other ground types and it being part grass, it can take out other ground types (except gligar/gliscor) easily enough, either with a ground or grass move. Also its not weak to water! and a ground type not weak to water or ground moves and can take both those types out with super effective moves that get STAB? Oh yeah!

Rock types... Hitler...err Probopass *is shot*

Last edited:
I dunno about Rock-types...I guess Onix?

As for Ground-types, I like Dugtrio the most. THREE TIMES THE BADASS OF A SINGLE DIGLETT, BABY

Rhydon for sure. Rhyperior for battle purposes, Rhydon for just being cool.

Rhydon for sure. Rhyperior for battle purposes, Rhydon for just being cool.

I like rhydon myself, but anything that knows grass knot and is speedy with good stats can KO a rhyperior in one move. Its good for battles, minus its lot of weaknesses. I always grass knot Palmers Rhyperior in battle tower and beat it first go with my emploeon. I never really liked the idea of rhydon evolving

I like rhydon myself, but anything that knows grass knot and is speedy with good stats can KO a rhyperior in one move. Its good for battles, minus its lot of weaknesses. I always grass knot Palmers Rhyperior in battle tower and beat it first go with my emploeon. I never really liked the idea of rhydon evolving
This is true, but name one Pokémon that can't be one-shotted by anything, but is still capable of doing damage. Plus, its Solid Rock ability makes it not that weak against much. Grass Knot is pretty much as deadly as it gets to a Rhyperior, and even then, it still only goes to a base 320 attack without STAB, compared to, say, a base 380 Ice Beam against a Garchomp.

Sandshrew for ground. It's just pure win.

Macargo for rock. Poor thing never got given a chance.

The anime has made me fond of Gliscor. As for a rock type, I'll choose Rampardos.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom