• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Gym Leader of Unova?

Definitely Clay. He seems like a dick making you look for Team Plasma when they got away on his watch, but it was actually a test of character. His gym is at the bottom of a mine so he'd always remember where he started off, and he basically embodies the AmericanUnovan dream and worked himself from being poor to possibly one of the riches characters in the game.

And he leads the Gym Leaders to battle against the seven sages. Every generation I try to figure out which Gym leader would lead the others and Clay definitely fits the bill.

I think I'm liking Clay, Dryden and Iris the most, but I dunno. They seem to be the toughest, aside from Lenora, with her fabled Watchog from hell.

humm... though choice, i like them all (first time)

but i guess Iris/Elesa for Girls
and Burgh/Clay fro guys

They're all perfect *-*

Brycen, Burgh, Triplets (male ones)

Serperior's mother Elesa FTW!

Elesa. You can't beat her poker face. I like Clay. He seems like the kind of guy that wouldn't be afraid to open a can of whoop ass on Team Plasma. He even lead all the gym leaders to fight the sages. Usually the last gym leader seems like the leader, but not this time. Female would have to be Skyla. Because she's the hottest.

Elesa. You can't beat her poker face. I like Clay. He seems like the kind of guy that wouldn't be afraid to open a can of whoop ass on Team Plasma. He even lead all the gym leaders to fight the sages. Usually the last gym leader seems like the leader, but not this time. Female would have to be Skyla. Because she's the hottest.
I wouldn't say that. There was Giovanni in Gen II, so I usually gave the leader role to Blaine, Clair clearly seemed like a novice due to her actions despite being #8, Hoenn's 8th recently went out of retirement so I doubt he'd take the leadership role, and Sinnoh's 8th is some emo dude who got depressed and wouldn't battle because he was too strong.

Come to think of it, Gen V seems to be the only one where the 8th gym leader not only did their job properly but played an active role to help move the plot along. Drayden and Iris are certainly a close second.

well i cant remember her name but its the chick with the yellow hair that sort of reminds me of lady gaga

Totally has to be Skyla. She's even cooler than Flannery. Not keen on the others really. Dent is nice, but Iris being a gym leader is just random.

I wouldn't say that. There was Giovanni in Gen II, so I usually gave the leader role to Blaine, Clair clearly seemed like a novice due to her actions despite being #8, Hoenn's 8th recently went out of retirement so I doubt he'd take the leadership role, and Sinnoh's 8th is some emo dude who got depressed and wouldn't battle because he was too strong.

Come to think of it, Gen V seems to be the only one where the 8th gym leader not only did their job properly but played an active role to help move the plot along. Drayden and Iris are certainly a close second.

So you're saying the last Gym Leader is simply the strongest and not necessarily the leader of Gym leaders?

Skyla is my favorite. I don't know why, but I've always liked flying types. Drayden is a close second. Because he's a dragon type leader, and I don't like Iris that much.

So you're saying the last Gym Leader is simply the strongest and not necessarily the leader of Gym leaders?
Why not? And I've always maintained the idea that gym leaders adjust their powers based on their opponent as they are supposed to test them.

If I recall, Jasmine technically has the highest level Pokemon in HgSs.

But in any case, being stronger doesn't mean better leadership qualities if any of the past 8th leaders and Clay is an indication.

I don't have a favorite. I do like Elesa for her elegance. I like Cilan for his fashion. I really enjoy Iris' personality for an 8th gym leader position. :]

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom