• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Ice type

Favorite Ice type

• Jyxn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Articuno

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Swinub

• Piloswine

• Delibird

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Smoochum

• Snorunt

• Glalie

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Spheal

• Sealeo

• Walrein

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • Regice

• Glaceon

Votes: 15 13.8%
  • Mamoswine

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Froslass

Votes: 14 12.8%
  • Dewgong

• Cloyster

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Lapras

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • Sneasel

• Weavile

Votes: 14 12.8%
  • Snover

• Abomasnow

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Frost Rotom

• Snowy Castform

• Vanilite

• Vanilish

• Vanilluxe

• Cubchoo

• Beartic

• Cryogonal

• Bergmite

• Avalugg

• Kyruem

• Amaura

• Aurorus

• Black Kyruem

• White Kyruem

• Total voters
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Seeing how there is a poll for favorite Fire type and Normal type, I'm doing one for the Ice type. The Ice type is my favorite type (fitting for someone who loves the cold and snow), but it's often neglected in favor of other types. This is due to its poor defensive status and oftentimes bulky/slow Pokemon. But I still feel it deserves some love. But anyway, on with the show.

My favorite Ice type is Glalie. I don't know why, exactly, but it's just one of the most interesting Pokemon out there. While it's moves are a bit more limited compared to its female counterpart, Froslass, I still find Glalie to be a cool Pokemon (eheheh, no pun intended). The anime also influence that decision as well, as it's Ash's only remaining Ice type, but also his best compared to Lapras.

So, what is your favorite Ice type Pokemon? Note that this does not include Mega Evos, but it does include forms.

Last edited:
Definitely Mamoswine with Weavile as a close second. Both an improvement design wise and battle wise over the previous stage imo.

Ice is my favorite type too (Water close behind), hi bro! Anyway, I really like every single one of them, but I voted for Kyurem-B because it's the best one in OU.

Sneasel and Weavile, and I also really like Froslass. Can't really explain why, but the first time I met a Sneasel in Diamond I just instantly fell in love with it and I regularly have one on my team.

Either Glaceon or Articuno.

Oddly enough, despite ice being my favorite element by far in general (beyond Pokemon), I tend to not really like the majority of Pokemon that are ice typings. They're usually just weird. Articuno and Glaceon are the main exceptions.

Froslass. She's beautiful, I love her design and dex entry. She's also useful in battles. The ghost-typing helps a lot.

I always have a Froslass in my team

Aw man, I just realized that I like a lot of ice-types, so this'll be harder than the other ones. The Amaura family, Spheal family, Lapras and Glaceon are cool (cuz they're ice types:p), but overall my favorite has to be Weavile.

I don't see the reason to put unnevolved Pokémon on the poll. Anyways, my favorite is Froslass.

Probably Glaceon, but Pokémon may shift positions on my awesomeness ranking

I don't see the reason to put unnevolved Pokémon on the poll. Anyways, my favorite is Froslass.

There are people that like the unevolved Pokémon better than the (fully) evolved version. e.g. I like Vanillite, but despise Vanilluxe.

Also on one of the other "Favorite ... type" threads unevolved Pokémon were excluded from the poll and people complained about it, so I think that's why they're now included.

My favorite Ice Pokemon is Weavile.

Maybe because Weavile is fastest Ice type Pokemon and the only Ice type Pokemon that has an access to Fake Out and Ice Shard.

Right now, I'm going to have to go with my girl Articuno. She's just so fucking majestic, yo.

Rounding up the top five are Lapras, Abomasnow, Glaceon, and Aurorus, all of which are awesome in their own way.

Hmm, I like snow and the cold and stuff. But not ice. Ice is slippy. Ice had me dislocate my shoulder when I fell over once. So I don't like ice.

*Ahem* type-wise, I like ice quite a bit more. Though I'm not really keen on very many ice type pokemon. They often just aren't that appealing to me. This is of course, apart from a few huge exceptions, including articuno, lapras, the sneasel family and, first and foremost, glaceon. Glaceon's just beautiful, enough said. And ice powers are pretty neat. If I was an eevee, I think I'd want to evolve into glaceon. But wait, I might like to be vaporeon too. And umbreon suits me, maybe. Or maybe leafeon. Better not forget flareon, either. Or, hmm, well...

Well, that was conclusive.

I like Glalie & Mamoswine pretty much equally, but as I have to decide .......................
Mamoswine

It was a tough choice between Glaceon and Articuno. However I chose Articuno because dat tail.

Glalie is super cool. It has one of my favourite designs in the entire series, even if it is a little lacking in the battle department. Weavile, Beartic and Mega Abomasnow are runners-up.

Lapras, Articuno, Glaceon, Amaura.
Voted for Lapras but it's truly a close call. I could have voted for any of these 4.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom