• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite in-game music

My absolute favorite music would be route 216 from DPPt. It just sounds so tranquil.

That, and the Lake Trio battle theme is pretty sweet.

My fav was the Suicune battle.
2nd was the battle against Cynthia.
3rd is the battle against Red.

Re: Favorite Soundtrack?

The Gen 1 Route 11 music is the best music in Pokemon history. Gives me chills every time I listen to it. That and the Gym Leader Battle music.

1st gen:
Gym Leader Theme
Trainer Battle
Route 3
Route 11/Silence Bridge/Route 12 and 13
Spotted! Bad Guy chapter (plays when spotted by team rocket, engineers, gamblers and some other people)
Gym Theme

2nd gen:
Dark Cave
Johto Trainer battle
Lighthouse
Burned Tower
Route 38
Violet/Olivine City
Gym Leader/Elite Four theme Theme
Kanto Gym Leader Theme
Kanto Trainer Battle
Spotted By Team Rocket
Team Rocket hideout
Team Rocket Battle
Rival Battle
Spotted by Rival
Champion Battle
Ecruteak City
Lake Of Rage

3rd Gen:
FRLG Gym leader battle
Deoxy's battle
RSE Gym leader battle
Magma/Aqua grunt battle
Magma/Aqua leader battle
RSE Elite four
Mt. Pyre peak

4th Gen:
Sinnoh Gym Leader/Elite Four theme
Trainer Battle (everyone hates this theme, but for some reason I love it. Especially the part that plays at the 0:50 mark)
Team Galactic Battle
Team Galactic Admin Battle
Cyrus's theme
Route 225
Route 209
Cynthia's piano theme
Cynthia's Battle Theme
Stark Mountain
Giratina Battle
Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf battle
Pastoria City
Old Chateau

HGSS:
Johto Gym Leader/Elite Four
Route 38
Route 47
Lighthouse/Silver Cave
Dark Cave/Ice Path/Seafoam Islands
Gym Theme
Team Rocket hideout
Team Rocket Battle
Team Rocket Encounter
Olivine/Violet City
Ecruteak City
Lake Of Rage
Trainer battle for both regions

HGSS fucked up the Kanto gym leader though =/

5th Gen:
Gym Leader
Team Plasma
N battle
Final N battle (and the arranged one)
Elite Four Battle
Trainer Battle (subway version too)
Diving Theme

I like the Pokémon Center music (daytime), the Sinnoh Champion battle music, the Sinnoh Elite Four/Gym battle music and the Battle/Survival Area music

I also like the GTS music, the Team Galactic grunt battle music, Sinnoh rival battle, the Research Lab music... and the list goes on

The original R/B Lavender Town & Pokemon Tower themes.

I still find them pretty eerie... they creeped the hell out me back when I first played Blue.

Some others, for now, are the Olivine City theme, the Route 216 theme, Snowpoint City's theme sounds so relaxing and Cynthia's battle music is memorable. If I remember correctly, I also enjoyed the FR/LG gym leader remix.

I'm gonna have to get hitting the net and find the Soundtracks. Some of the pieces are just awesome.

Last edited:
G/S/C game corner theme,Johto Gym Leader theme.
Lavender town reversed is stuck in my head now.
Most favorite is Lance and Red's theme,topped off only by Warinside remix of the same song.

I like hometown themes. New Bark Town Theme, Littleroot Theme and Twinleaf Theme, Route 101, Route 201 are beautiful. lol
Route 216 Theme (both day and nght), HG/SS Game Corner, Saffron City/Pewter City/Viridian City are also cool.
Uh, I just cannot remember all.
Oh yea I forgot Pokemon Center Theme (anywhere).
:D

Re: Favorite Soundtrack?

nothing can beat Lance and Red's theme for me.:)
Especially the remix by Warinside.

Your fave music in pokemon games...

My favorite music was the piano played in the entrance of the Sinnoh pokemon league and the music played before you battle Cynthia..

I also ended up listening to the lavender town in Japanese pokemon red and green...:dumb:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Your fave music in pokemon games...

I love Cynthia's music in B/W. For nostalgic reasons, I like the original trainer battle music from G/S/C. I prefer it over the remix.

Re: Your fave music in pokemon games...

remade pallet town music for HGSS. Gets me all teary eyed thinking of back wen i played my Red Blue and Yellow versions

I love the RSE Wild Battle Music. I also really some of the town songs in RSE, though I cant remember which. My favorite songs from DP would have to be the Oreburgh theme, and the opening!

My favorite music is the trainer battle theme from B/W and the Hodomoe City theme. I also like the Gym Leader theme from B/W and the subway trainer battle theme from B/W.

I'm going to be really unoriginal and say:
Pokemon Center Theme
Lavender Town (if only because of the creepypasta)
RSE Drought
HGSS Champion Battle
YAY UNORIGINAL!

I think the remix of the Dialga/Palkia battle and Spear Pillar music that was used for the Spear Pillar stage in SSBB was easily one of the best Pokemon songs, although you can't go wrong with the original theme and battle music. All of the B/W music sounds totally awesome though! I can't wait to listen to it in full, I hope they release the soundtrack stateside.

The music in DPPt that plays at the league entrance, Cynthia's theme, Canalave City theme. And in RSE there are too many good musics to choose from, I kinda love them all. GSC first route music feels very nostalgic so I've come to love it too. Pallet Town's music is... Well, it reminds me of the time when Pokémon was still new and, yeah. The old times.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom