• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite in-game music

Pretty much all of Generation 1 had amazing music

A great amount of Gen 2 did as well

Specifically my favorites are Route 1, the opening theme to R/B, Goldenrod City, Pokemon Center (Gen 1), Gen 1 Credits, and a lot more.

Ouch, hard to think of...

1. Lance battle
2. Dialga/Palkia at Spear Pillar
3. Tie for every other song in existence in the franchise. :p

RBY: Pallet Town, Celadon City, Lavender Town, Pokemon Tower, and especially the Gym battles
GSC: Bellsprout Tower. Possibly more, but I don't remember too well. Oh, I also like the music that plays when you encounter a Rocket. The park music was good, too.
RSE: Wild Pokemon music. Nothing else really sticks out in my memory.
DPP: So many...Route 201, rival battle (just the intro), Hearthome City (especially at night), Team Galactic battle, Gym battle, Mt. Coronet (top), Route 216, Cyrus music, champion music. Probably more that I'm forgetting.

D/P/P Game Corner and when you battle Miror B. in XD Gale of Darkness.

I have so many favorites...
Giratina Platinum music, Dialga/Palkia Battle, DP Trainer Battle, DP Pkmn Center Day, Fight/Survival Area, Route 226 Day.

Does anybody take the time to just listen to the music. Hooking your DS to a pair of speakers or through headphones?

Lets see:

RSE: Route 113, Foretree, POkemon Center (Just for being different than usual), Surfing, Sailing, Dive, some other routes, Littleroot, Petalberg City and meteor falls

D/P/Pt: Flororoma town, Pokemon Center, Canalave (Day), Trainer Battle, Route 201, Outside Pokemon league, Snowpoint City, music used at all 3 Lakes, Legendary pokemon battle, Twinleaf and some other routes I can't remember now

Kanto: I love the gym leader theme--the updated version from FR/LG, not R/B/Y. It kicks ass. :D I also love the music for all the routes.

Sinnoh: As of now, it's the music that plays at the Distortion World. It's so haunting and pretty. ^_^ I love the music at the three lakes, Eterna Forest and the rival battle music, and again, I love the music for all the routes.

I don't have any specific favorites from Johto and Hoenn, though.

G/S/C: Gym theme. Not the leader battle. I mean the pseudo electric guitar awesomeness that makes your heart beat faster when you step inside. Epic. I still turn my Silver cartridge on to hear that music!

Game corner and Lance/Red themes from the same era come in close behind...

Kanto: Gym Leader battle, wild pokemon battle

Hoenn: Gym Battle, Rival battle, Legend Battle,Champion Battle

Sinnoh: Rival Battle (Barry has funny animation in Platinum)

RB: Lavender Town
GS: National Park, Mahogany Town, Surf Theme, Lavinder Town, Route 01
RS: Battle Theme, Slateport City
DP: Stark Mountain, Battle Fronteir Battle, Battle Factory

Kanto: Wild Pokemon Battle, Gym Leader Battle.

Johto: Team Rocket's Theme, Rival theme.

Hoenn: Wild pokemon battle, elite four battle.

Sinnoh: wild pokemon battle, team galactic battle themes.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom