• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite in-game music

My favorite music in...
Route: Route 1
Building: Johto Gym
Battle: Kanto Gym Leader

My first favorite is the night-time wild Pokémon battle theme in Gold.
Second place is Celadon City in Red.
Third place is the Bicycle theme in Red.

Tough one...

Battle: HGSS Raikou Battle
Town: R/B Lavender Town (In the original, it was so creepy I'd never want to go there. Now it's awesomely eerie =3)
Route:

I'm going to have to say everything from GSC, plus some others. I grew up on Pokemon Yellow and Gold, so every song is magical...especially GOLDENROD. CITY. That song was so ftw, it's the one reason why my GB Sounds is always on.

Pokemon Snap had pretty cool songs too, especially Valley, Cave, Beach, and Rainbow Cloud...

And finally, Miror B's XD theme.

/thread

Pallet Town of course is my favourite still (so memorable). I also liked the National Park tune from the Gold and Silver games. The Kanto champion theme from Black and White is also a great remix!

I love the route music of the route right above Viridian in GSC and HgSs. Red has epic battle music for a fight too.

I'd have to say I also love Lance/Red's battle theme, it's totally awesome!

Canalave City in Diamond/Pearl, Ecruteak in HeartGold/SoulSilver, I'm sure theres others, I just can't remember them.

I am rather fond of Gold/Silver/Crystal's Surf music. It's soothing.

Also the Heart Gold/Soul Silver Rival music is quite nice too.

Frontier Brain theme from HGSS and Platinum.
Ho-Oh Battle theme.
Vs. Champion from HGSS.
Both the Wild and Trainer Kanto themes from HGSS.
Route 206.
The music that plays just before you battle Cynthia.
Ecruteak City
Sky Tower
Great Canyon

Aaaaand that's about all I can think of.

top 10, in order:

1. route 119 ~ r/s/e
2. meteor falls ~ r/s/e
3. ho-oh battle ~ hg/ss
kanto champion battle ~ b/w
5. dark cave ~ g/s/c (imo the hgss version was worse, though still good)
6. route 26 ~ g/s/c
7. cynthia entrance theme ~ d/p/pt
8. frontier brain theme ~ emerald
9. sinjoh ruins ~ hg/ss
10. champion theme ~ r/b/y

main series games.

i love the Team rocket hq firered and soulsilver
the cinabar island theme love it every has to too!
and the champion theme in platium

Favourite: Gym Leader battle music (gen I).

Least favourite: Lavender Town music (gen I). Although I must admit, the beginning of the Lavender Town music in HGSS was fairly creeptastic too. e_e

Favorites:

Team Plasma (B/W): It sounds like they're saying: "Wer'e a punk anarchist subculture and you know it!"

Blue (R/B/Y/FR/LG/B?/W?): The 8-bit theme is just pimp, lemme tell you. It's also because he's Gary Mofo Oak bitches! His Black/White theme sounds epic as well, but we won't know until he pops up in the game (which, supposedly is during Fall/Winter)!

Lavender Town (R/B/Y): It sounds epic, and is great for making pasta with.

Stadium Theme Song (N64): This song is simply kickass, and whenever I think of Pokemon, I hear some variation of this song. We've all heard it in the intros to main games.

Least Favorites:

Cynthia (D/P/Pt): Considering the prelude, I seriously wanted her theme to be some sort of instrumental thing, with trumpets and everything.

Lavender Town (G/S/HG/SS): I don't know why they butchered up Lavender Town. Every time I hear the beginning of that tune, I get hyped up for nothing.

Bicycle Music (All games): It makes it so painful to ride your bike if you have to hear that annyoing drivel every time. Of course, I have found ways to fool the game into not having it on while biking....

Low Health Theme (B/W): I only dislike this song because it should have been in every game, not just the two new ones.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom