• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite in-game music

I have loved and always will love Oreburgh City and Route 113.

Gotta say GenII Ice Path is my all time favorite. I was excited to hear the remix in HG/SS and it paled in comparison.

HGSS Pokemon Trainer Red Battle theme .. it's just epic

Platinum's Fronteir Brain is pretty swanky too, i hate the HGSS nerfed the bells in the music ... for no reason whatsoever.

And the piano prelude to the cynthia battle, it's delicious

For Pokémon, I would say battles versus gym leaders in Black and White.

For all games: Midna's Desperate Hour - Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.
(The music when Midna's dying)

The music from Village Bridge, Nuvema Town, Route 10 and Viridian Forest (HG/SS). And just about anything relaxing, or the appearance of a character that swings the mood. XD

- Route 38 (G/S/C)
- Violet City (HG/SS)
- Champion Battle (R/B/Y/G)
- Route 119 (I have to make a special note of how awesome this song is)
- Mt. Coronet Summit
- Kyurem Battle theme
- Elite Four theme (B/W)
- Elite Four theme (R/S/E)
- Meteor Falls
- Kanto Wild Battle theme (G/S/C/HG/SS)
- Kanto Gym Leader theme (G/S/C)
- Ghetsis battle
- Champion Battle (G/S/C)
- Dark Cave theme (G/S/C)
- Frontier Brain theme (E)
- Battle Frontier theme (C/HG/SS)
- Route 1 (R/B/Y)
- Viridian Forest (R/B/Y/G/S/C)
- Route 10 (B/W)

I think that covers it?

No. No, it doesn't.

- Maxie/Archie theme
- Deoxys theme
- Miror B. theme (dem ludicolos wohohohoho)
- Legendary theme (B/W)
- Route 26 theme (G/S/C/HG/SS)
- Pokemon League theme (G/S/C/HG/SS)
- Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza theme
- Pinwheel Forest/Dreamyard/probably some other place theme
- Routes 11/12/13/14/15 (B/W)

I think THAT covers it.

Last edited:
I like the battle music from the battle with gary after defeating the elite four in LeafGreen!

Definitly Cynthia's battle music in Platinum. Its so intense.

Vermilion City, Sunnyshore City and Snowpoint City. I'm sure there are others but those come to mind now.

I liked almost all of the D/P/Pt music. The ones I liked the most are Mt. Coronet summit, Spear Pillar, Distortion World, Eterna City, Lake Verity/Valor/Acuity, Lake cavern, Lake trio battle, Dialga/Palkia battle, Giratina battle, Eterna Forest, Team Galactic boss Cyrus battle, Champion Cynthia battle, Canaclave City, Arceus battle, Route 207, Route 201, the snow route, Rival batte, Sandgem town, Twinleaf town, and Pokemon League.

I also like the Celestial towr music from B/W. This music sounds alot like the Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past light world dungeon. I playt that zelda game on virtual console.

I have a thing for Team Plasma's theme. It may be a bit annoying at start but it definitely grows on you. It did for me at least. And I also liked the Cipher Admin battle theme and Evice's battle music. Lastly, Mysterial's theme is just epic! Mysterial's theme is probably my favourite in-game music in a Pokemon game.

The battle theme for the musketeer trio was cool, as well as the slow creepy music at the pokemon league

FR/LG- Gym Leader and Champion battle theme. And I chose FR/LG instead of RBY for a reason.

RSE- Almost everything.

HG/SS- Team Rocket theme. (Again, I chose HG/SS instead of GSC deliberately).

B/W- Cynthia's theme, Standard Legendary Battle Music (i.e. not for Reishram/Zekrom/ect.), Gym Leader theme, Lostlorn Forest, Rival Battle theme, Team Plasma Battle theme, N's battle theme (especially the last one) and, for the most glorious music every in history ever: the end credits music. It makes it even better seeing Reishram/Zekrom blast off into the distance afterwards.

I found pretty much all of the music in B/W to be very refreshing and I liked all of it, so I can't pick one from there.

Gen 1: The route 1 music is a classic, and will remain as one of my favorite tunes throughout the franchise.
Gen 2: The Cinnawood island music is so calming and nice, although I do like the Olivine tune quite a bit also.
Gen 3: The route before fortree city always stuck with me and made me feel excited
Gen 4: Once again, the route 1 music. Made me feel energized.

G1 - Trainer Battle
G2 - Lance/Red's Battle
G3 - Regi Battle
G4 - Cynthia Battle
G5 - Ghetsis Battle

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom