• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite in-game music

*RSE-Route 113(Snowman FTW!)
*DPPt-Route 205
*DPPt-Route 209(sounds like 21 guns which is a song I like)
*BW-Gym leader last Pokemon(I'm pretty sure they used this in the anime when Sandile fought the Ducklett. They should've saved it.
*Bw-Emotion(Again, they used it when Ash was talking about Sandile's sunglasses. They really should have saved it.)
*BW-Route 10
*BW-N's Farewell (Mother 3 love theme made it my favorite song.)

Generation I: Route 1, Route 4, Route 11, Routes 24-25, Pokémon Center
Generation II: Gym Leader Battle
Generation IV: Routes 26-27, Route 29
Generation V: Team Plasma

Last edited:
For me, it has to be Gen I's Gym Leader Battle/Lance. It's such a fantastic tune, with such a simple execution. I really, really love the drama and pace behind it and I find myself humming and whistleing it very often. I like playing it when I'm playing on another game and something dramatic or tough is happening, for example when I am playing a crunch game on Football Manager. In fact, it's #5 on my iTunes with 400+ plays. I have all the Gen I music and that is by far my favourite, and favourite overall.

Other songs worthy of mention are;

Gen I
Bicycle (I actually listen to this when I go cycling; it puts me in a happy mood)
Vermilion City (An uncomplicated but catchy tune)

Gen II
Goldenrod City & Bicycle (Both have a similar tune, but Bicycle's tune is faster)
Champion Battle, Lance (It's impossible to dislike this tune, and the satisfaction of crushing his Dragonites into oblivion)

Gen III
Gym Leader Battle RSE (Also a great tune with excellent underlying drama)

Gen IV
Gym Leader Battles Kanto & Johto (Superb covers that do the originals justice)

But I cannot overstate how much I thoroughly enjoy Gen I's Gym Battle theme!

Last edited:
R/S/E - Elite Four Battle, Littleroot Town
D/P/PL - Route 216/217 (my all-time favourite Pokemon music), Eterna Forest, Route 228, Route 209/210, Twinleaf Town, Cynthia's Theme, Cynthia Battle, Snowpoint City, Cyrus Battle, Giratina Battle, Route 201, Route 203, Route 206, Sunyshore City, Mt. Coronet Peak, The three Lakes
HG/SS - Route 38, Both Gym Leader Battles, Route 1 (Kanto and Johto), Route 30, Lighthouse, Route 24/25, Pallet Town, Sinjoh Ruins, Rival Battle
B/W - Gym Leader Battle, Sekka City, Opelucid City (white), Accumula Town, Route 1, Route 6, Routes 11/12/13 etc., Elite 4 Battle, Emotion, Bianca's theme, Rival Battle, Black City, White Forest, N Battle

I also love a lot of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon music.

Last edited:
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Time Gear, Hidden Land, Hidden Highland, Temporal Tower, Temporal Spire, Primal Dialga Fight, Through the Sea of Time, Guild Theme, Opening Theme, Ending Melody, and Dusknoir.

Main Games: N's Farewell, National Park, Last Pokémon of Unovan GLs, Kanto GL theme, Team Plasma, N's Theme, Archie Fight, Gheetis Fight, Cyrus Fight, Giratina, Cynthia's Prelude, and the RBY Champion Theme.

Those are my favorite tracks in the Pokémon games ... <3

BW:

Wild Pokémon Battle Theme
Ghetsis Battle Theme
Kanto Champion Battle Theme
Victory Road
Castelia City
Driftveil City
Route 10
Cold Storage
Surf Theme

HGSS:

Eusine's Theme
Lance / Red Battle Theme
Frontier Brain Battle Theme
Ho-Oh Battle Theme
Lugia Battle Theme

DPPt:

Palkia / Dialga Battle Theme
Team Galactic Grunt Battle Theme
Rival Battle Theme
Cynthia Battle Theme
Game Corner
Underground
Pokémon League (Day)

~

And there's probably more, but I forgot. >w<

Last edited:
By Generation:
I)
Vermillion City, Lavender Town
II)
Azalea Town, Cave theme, Gym theme
III)
Littleroot Town, Verdanturf Town, whatever was playing in the Lilycove art museum
IV)
Route 47, all of the Gen II remixes (Sinnoh wasn't that great in the music department)
V)
Village Bridge, Undella Bay, maybe Castelia... and that's it (Unova was even worse XD)

My favorites are the themes from GSC, especially the different battle themes for day/night. More intricate than RBY, but without the irritating synthetic trumpets in RSE.

Absolute favorite, RBY Gym Leader Music. The FrLg remix is good as well, but when it comes down to it, nothing beats the original. The best battle music of all time. No other gym leader theme has come close to this. It's just well-made. I didn't feel that in any other game for the gym leader battles.

As for champion themes (they do tend to be generally better than the rest, after all) the Hoenn Champion battle is the best. Cynthia gets a close second, with Lance following after

As for wild pokémon, HGSS/GSC Kanto takes that.

Best evil team music, team Aqua/Magma simply has the best music, despite being the worst team. Odd, but it's at least one redeeming quality.

I don't really think of the music in so many cities as special, so I don't really care about those. What I want is some awesome music when it's actually action.

However, I really think Snowpoint's music is very fitting, and soothing as well. That must be my favorite music that's not a battle music.
Lavender town takes the second. Like Snowpoint's music, it just feels right for the town, and sets a special mood. That's what makes them so great, not because they're really amazing, but the setting and mood they create is just perfect.

I like nearly all of the Kanto music, but only because it's so nostalgic. I do love some of the new music of HGSS, such as the path to the Safari Zone, and Black and White have a lot of amazing compositions as well. Nimbasa City is an example.

HGSS Lavender Town
HGSS Suicune Battle
HGSS Mt. Moon
HGSS Kanto Trainer Battle
HGSS GB Sounds Cerulean City, I think
HGSS GB Sounds Seafoam Islands
BW Village Bridge
BW Legendary Battle
BW Lacunosa Town
BW Stardom the Musical
PMD Explorers of Darkness/Time Primal Dialga Battle
PMD Explorers of Darkness/Time That Song That Plays When The Main Character Has a Dream
PMD Explorers of Darkness/Time Final Maze

Oh, yes. Forgot about the Mystery Dungeon music. All time favorites in those games.

The Lavender Town music is great. It sets an eerie and creepy mood. I also like all Gym Leader music themes.

I love all the originals (GRB) but also Driftveil city has a seriously catchy and explosive track.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom