• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite in-game music

Snake Bandage

The Pumpkin King
Reaction score
Right now, I'm all about Pokemon game music because of D/P. So, let's discuss game music! Which of the main Pokemon games has your favorite soundtrack? Maybe you like the classic RBY soundtrack (oh please, don't tell me you've never hummed the familiar opening theme)? Or maybe you like the music for one of the later generations, like Gen II or Gen IV? And what's your least favorite soundtrack? Is there a game you can't play without the volume turned down completely because you'd probably smash the poor game to pieces if you were forced to listen to its music one more time?

Also, bonus; of all the different Pokemon side-games (Stadiums, the Orre games, Mystery Dungeon, anything else you can think about), which has your favorite soundtrack?

For me, it's a tie between RBY and D/P. RBY has all those wonderful classic tunes. Who can forget Green/Blue's theme? The haunting Viridian Forest theme? The twice as haunting Lavender Town theme? The Pewter City theme? Or the classic Bike and Surf themes? Hell, I can still find people who don't like Pokemon anymore and still remember the theme from the road from Pallet to Viridian. On the other hand, there's D/P. Some of the themes in D/P has this wonderful jazzy quality to them, while others are incredibly 80's-y, in a good way. And you have the Game Corner's nightclub-esque theme, Eterna City's laid-back banjo, the Poffin theme that makes you feel like you're really standing in a kitchen and cooking, the adventure-y GTS and Underground themes, and what has to be the cutest rival theme in history for Jun (it's so perky!!!). I'm sure none of them will be as memorable as the RBY themes, but they're all extremely pleasant to the ear and I find myself humming some of them when I'm not playing. I really like the increased usage of percussion and synth-guitars we're seeing in this generation.

My least favorite soundtrack... that would be the RSE soundtrack. Three words; too much fanfare. WAY too much fanfare. The themes composed for this generation are all rather boring, too. I can't remember one theme I liked from RSE. I usually can't remember how a single theme went, period. And when I do, I groan.

Of the sidegames... I'm tempted to say Pokemon Puzzle League. I admit, that's incredibly lame of me, but try as I might, I can't say no to the 2 B A Master songs. Especially Double Trouble. And besides, Mewtwo's theme is insanely cool. It is. IT IS I SWEAR.

I'm the type of person who somehow almost never can decide for a favorite because I always like more than one and can't tell which would be my favorite. That's the case with the game music as well and I don't think there's a game of which I hate the music.

Now I wish they would release soundtrack CDs for all the games that don't have one, which would be pretty much all games besides Red/Green/Blue, Gold/Silver/Crystal, Ruby/Sapphire, Diamond/Pearl, Snap and Stadium.

I find the Colloseum battle theme's to be pretty good.

RSE has my favorite soundtrack of the main games, as I love the battle music with the trumpets and stuff.

Well...I can say for sure what music I DON'T like. And that would be any of the non-battle music from Colosseum and XD...some of the worst music I've ever heard. They're so bloody boring. X_x

DP has some great music~

GSC has my favorite music, and FrLg comes in second. That's one of the reasons I want a GS remake: I want to hear all of the music redone! I still get GS battle music stuck in my head occasionally, and I haven't played in years. The standard FRLg battle music is also one of my favorites. RSE has my least favorite music, though I really like Aqua/Magma boss bbattle music. DP is still new, but it has some songs I really like, such as legendary battle music, Game Corner music, and Snowpoint's music. Of course, the Game Corner is an extreme remix of what I think is Kanto's game corner. I know it's the minigame music in Stadium, anyway.

My favorite Pokemon song was in Colosseum. I forget how it goes, though. It's in the battle competition thing where you upload a team from your GBA game. I don't have 6 decent level 50s anymore, though, so I'm not sure how I can listen to it again.

Hmm... Well, I don't have a particular favorite of all, but I think I have mostly a favorite of each region. Kanto's definitely the mid-region routes, you know, that theme from Cycling Road and the others... Johto, it's pretty much the central routes, too, like Route 36, though I do like Route 26/27's theme, too. Hoenn's Route 119, and Sinnoh's Route 210.

And I agree with fuzzball, after hearing redone Violet, Azalea, and Route 42/43/44, I want to hear the rest of them.

Now I wish they would release soundtrack CDs for all the games that don't have one, which would be pretty much all games besides Red/Green/Blue, Gold/Silver/Crystal, Ruby/Sapphire, Diamond/Pearl, Snap and Stadium.

I believe that Crystal didn't have a soundtrack released for it. *is still looking for the legendary beasts battle theme that is not midi* Snap and Stadium had soundtracks released?

My favorite Pokemon song was in Colosseum. I forget how it goes, though. It's in the battle competition thing where you upload a team from your GBA game. I don't have 6 decent level 50s anymore, though, so I'm not sure how I can listen to it again.

That would probably be Mt. Battle.

My favorite soundtrack is D/P. The music is very good, and I love the battle themes, especially Cyrus' and the Champion theme. I also liked the Day/Night soundtrack split. I'm really looking forward to listening to Pokémon Battle Revolution's soundtrack.

My least favorite would have to be R/B/Y. In the time and day we live in, I find it difficult to listen to beeps and pinging noises. It's not that I don't like the music, it's just the instrumentation.

My favorite soundtrack from a spin-off is a tie between Colosseum/XD and Pokémon Ranger. The tracks that play depend on the environment, which is really nice. The battle themes are good too. Pokémon Mystery Dungeon comes close too.

I believe that Crystal didn't have a soundtrack released for it. *is still looking for the legendary beasts battle theme that is not midi* Snap and Stadium had soundtracks released?

[shrugs] Maybe he's talking about the tracks available on Galbadia Hotel, unaware that several of them are game rips.

I know that Galbadia Hotel has rips of Snap and Stadium, whether they are game or CD rips, I have no clue. Also, they have no Crystal rips, most likely because there's only 5 added tracks, the opening, the title screen, Eusine/Minaki's theme, Clair/Ibuki's theme, and the legendary beasts battle theme, all of which I'm still looking for.

EDIT: Looks like I missed one. Buena's Password.

Last edited:
Actually, there's a beta version of it in the Ruby/Sapphire game data. I still like the Crystal version more though.

It's a cross between GSC, FRLG (I only like RBY for the nostalgia) and DP.
GSC wasn't just nostalgia. It was really well done! And they made all that gameboy beep music excellent!
FRLG - way to make the originals more exciting (not sarcastic). I love almost every song in that game, even the common wild battle one, and my favorite Cinnibar one.

DP, soooo much is soooo good! The music really improved this generation, I love Eterna's song, Kurogane's song, Jubilife's song, the snowroute's song, all of the battle music, the route that runs along the bike song, the route that goes from the contest town to Pastoria song, the route in between the beach and Tobari's song. OMG It's all so gaddam good!

Which is why I can't remember which one it was. All I know is that it was the last round in a level 50 battle. I can't even remember if it was double or not.

If it was the last battle, then it was either the Gym Leader battle theme or, if it was Orre Colosseum, the Champion battle theme.

I prefer the Pokemon XD music when your fighting one of the Cipher Admins

Pokémon Card GB 2's got my favorite soundtrack for both all of the games and all of the spinoffs.

I must say that Diamond is a game I find hard to play without the music where as all the others since RBY I have not been so interested in.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom