• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Love Quotes

Pastellorama

Reaction score
This thread is solely for the purpose of sharing romantic and love-related quotes/poems/excerpts/etc with all of the twitterpated and heart-eyed romantics/lovers/etc of Bulbagarden =)

I'll start with this one:

...then I did the simplest thing in the world. I leaned down... and kissed him. And the world cracked open.
~Agnes de Mille

"I took the wrong path so many times, but you helped me find my way and take the correct path. I always chased after you wanting to catch up wanting to walk together with you forever. I want to be at your side always" -Hyuga Hinata.

one of the best quotes in Naruto.

"Young love is a flame; very pretty, often very hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. The love of the older and disciplined heart is as coals, deep-burning, unquenchable."

Henry Ward Beecher

"Above all things, I believe in love. Love is like oxygen; love is a many-splendored thing; love lifts us up where we belong; all you need is love!"
Christian, Moulin Rouge! (2001 film)

"Donna, you were the first girl I ever loved....and actually, you were the last girl I ever loved...."
Harry Bright on his homosexuality, Mamma Mia! (2008 film)

"Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while."
Westley, The Princess Bride

"Yeah, there were a few [other women]. But they all had the same problem: none of them were you, honey."
Indiana Jones to Marion Ravenwood, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

"If you ever find yourself stuck in the middle of the sea, I'll sail the world to find you.
If you ever find yourself lost in the dark and can't see, I'll be the light to guide you."
---Bruno Mars (Count on Me)

"When people are meant to be together, no matter what the relationship, the universe will always find a way to bring them together, no matter how far apart."

"You don't really need someone to comlete you. You only need someone to accept you completely."

"There is healing after pain, just like sunshine after the rain."

"I asked for water, God gave me an ocean.
I asked for a flower, God gave me a garden.
I asked for a friend, God gave me you."

"Real love is not based on ramonce, candle light dinners and walks along the beach. In fact, it is based on respect, compromise, care, and trust."

"Loving is not just looking at each other, it's looking in the same direction." ---Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Happy love you!" Manaphy to May in 'Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea

"Come along Walter..." The Painted Veil. the female lead Kitty(Naomi Watts) cheated on her husband Walter(Edward Norton <333) with some douche and got pregnant and didn't know who's it was and then he died and she named the child after him ;w;

@MuddyMudkip ; Oh, I really like the last one you quoted... who said/wrote it or what's it from?

"When you are in love you can't fall asleep, because reality is finally better than your dreams."
~Attributed to Dr. Seuss, though there is no real evidence to support this​

@Hallowheart
This one?
"Loving is not just looking at each other, it's looking in the same direction." ---Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Antoine de Saint-Exupery, a French writer, wrote it in his book, Wind, Sand, and Stars.

"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind"

"I pray you, do not fall in love with me, For I am falser than vows made in wine"

Both by Shakespeare.

Songs count, right? xD

"We could go walkin' through a windy park, take a drive along the beach, or stay at home and watch TV, you see, it really doesn't matter much to me." ~ England Dan & John Ford Coley, "I'd Really Love To See You Tonight"

"I wanted you to stay, 'cuz I need to hear you say that "I love you. I have loved you all along. And I forgive you for being away for far too long." So keep breathing, 'cuz I'm not leaving you anymore." ~ Nickelback, "Far Away"

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom