• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Main Series Region?

Favorite Main Series Region?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I prefer Sinnoh and Unova over the rest, I feel like those two regions put more things to do in routes that isn't just battling, basically world building in Pokemon games without them needing to be part of the plot. Alola went a step in the right direction and have a fossil center not being part of a lab or a place that becomes important to the plot. However, if I have to pick one over the other, I will definitely pick Unova over Sinnoh, I just like the idea of an urbanized region that used to have an European influence in the past and now having worldwide influence in the modern times being a region for a Pokemon game, plus I like seeing clear cuts on how I progress on my journey, which is why I like it when they make it easier to backtrack without the need of Fly for most of the time.

Last edited:
First of all, I never got to play B/W nor B2/W2, but reading all this love to Unova makes me want to.

Of all regions I played in, Hoenn is my favorite, hands down. I loved the tropical vibe that I hated in Alola, and the feel of adventure and exploration. The remakes were absolutely amazing.

Sinnoh and Kalos are great too. After all these years, Kanto and Johto have a place in my heart, but would be lower on the rank. And right now Alola is not a Top 5.

Either Jotho or Unova for me, which are the two regions I hold the most nostalgia for.

I like Jotho because even though not too wide, it just feels all around memorable thanks to its unique places, cities and atmosphere. The culture and the representation of Japanese traditional architecture style are two more factors playing a big role on the reason why this region is among my favourite ones.

On the other hand, I like Unova as well because it just feels all around variegated thanks to all of those landscapes, water channels, bridges, etc... The characters, the gyms and the diversity of the cities... I find all of these aspects to be rather remarkable.

Unova. It’s nicely varied and isn’t confusing. It’s not pretty large and has plenty to do with each place having something that makes it unique. And I love the little side roads on the routes that allow you to explore some more than just the straight area. It’s just so well balanced.

I had to think pretty hard about how I'd rank the regions in terms of my favorites...

Sinnoh
Unova
Kalos
Hoenn
Johto
Alola
Kanto

Alola has a lot of promise, there just isn't much to explore. I'm bored with Kanto and I feel like Johto could have been so much more if Kanto didn't get crammed into the game.

Mine:

7. Alola.
6. Sinnoh.
5. Hoenn.
4. Unova.
3. Kalos.
2. Kanto.
1. Johto.

I think there’s a bell curve when it comes to Pokémon designs. There are Pokémon that are too simple, and then Pokémon that are too busy-looking, and then a good middle ground. Coincidentally, maybe, I think the series started at the former end of the spectrum and is now at the latter. Let it be known that I have the most nostalgia for Gen II.

1. Gen III
2. Gen II
3. Gen V
4. Gen I
5. Gen VI
6. Gen VII

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom