• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Mega Evolution?

Mega Banette. I was never that big of a fan of the original but I love what they did with it opening the zippers to reveal a part of what's inside the doll.

It's a pity the OP excludes Pokémon that can evolve, there being no real reason to restrict future Megas to fully-evolved Pokémon.
Oh yes there is. If e.g. Pikachu can Mega-Evolve then nobody will ever use Raichu again.

Unless they give it something like Parental Bond, a Light Ball Pikachu would likely be better than a hypothetical mega.

For me, Mega Gengar. It was one of the things that got me to like the species.

mega_gallade__mega_gardevoir___we_fight_as_one____by_colordrake-d7z10o2.png

Love the Ralts line megas, they're such a fierce pair

Would love to see a Mega for the original Bird Trio (Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres) they are seriously under rated legendary birds, especially as they keep providing non legendary replacements for them :( *cough* Talonflame *cough*

It's a pity the OP excludes Pokémon that can evolve, there being no real reason to restrict future Megas to fully-evolved Pokémon.
Oh yes there is. If e.g. Pikachu can Mega-Evolve then nobody will ever use Raichu again.

Unless they give it something like Parental Bond, a Light Ball Pikachu would likely be better than a hypothetical mega.

Mega Evolutions typically gain a 100 base stat total increase on top of a new ability (not that a non-fully evolved Pokémon would get one; I'm just saying that that increase is more significant for Pokémon who have low base stat totals to begin with).

Mega Evolutions typically gain a 100 base stat total increase on top of a new ability.

However, that's not always enough to justify using it over its base form holding an item like Life Orb or Leftovers, especially with a case like Pikachu who already has a boosting item (see Mega Lati@s vs. Soul Dew Lati@s.). Each Mega in Ubers has a different ability from its base form iirc.

I have a (super late) update and must say that Mega Diancie is my favorite Mega~ She's just amazing when it comes to design and competitive usage~

Based on coolest design, Mega Rayquaza is my favorite~

094Gengar_Mega_Dream.png

Have any of you punk-asses come close to being banned in Ubers?
...don't answer that, Rayquaza.

Probably Tyranitar due to how raw it looks. Other ones I like include Scizor, Gengar, Houndoom, Gallade, Metagross, and Charizard X.

Mega Houndoom just because I think it looks really cool.

Here are my faves in order:
Mega Lopunny - Lopunny is my 4th favourite Pokemon overall, so it's no surprise that I love it's mega. The thing I love the most about mega Lopunny is it's fighter-like design, it just looks so badass. I love how it gained the fighting type also, since that happens to be one of my favourite types.
Mega Aggron - This was my original favourite mega evolution before Mega Lopunny came along a pushed it down to 2nd place, but I still love it a lot. This thing is an absolute tank and love it's bulky design.
Mega Pidgeot - One of my most wanted Megas (along with Mega Breloom and Johto starters), I'm so glad it became a reality. Pidgeot is my favourite regional bird by far and I think it's mega looks fantastic, with those blue-tipped wings and fabulous golden anime hair. I have yet to use this one in battle though.
Mega Blaziken - An obvious favourite of mine since Blaziken is one of my all-time faves. Although I prefer the regular Blaziken, there is no doubt that this thing is badass, and OP as hell to.
Notable mentions include: Mega Sharpedo, Mega Camerupt, Mega Mewtwo Y, Mega Rayquaza.

302MMS.png

well I mean sableye was my favorite pokemon even before its mega so. But I do really like what they did with it. Very simple, interesting design change from regular sableye. Magic bounce is also gr8...I mean, I prefer prankster, but I can't really complain at all.

319MMS.png

I mean again sharpedo was already my second favorite pokemon pre-mega. I do think the design is less interesting than mega sableye's, but it's still pretty good (official art is terrible tho). I like how they give it characteristics of a sawshark and a tiger shark, among other things. The fact that you only get one real chance to clean with it due to losing speed boost also gives it a unique playstyle and it's particularly satisfying to win with this monster fish

719MMS.png

now here's a pokemon that I like because of the mega. Well, I did always like regular diancie, but quite a bit less than I like its mega. Which has an amazingly improved design. I do like how it plays too, though I wish a support set with heal bell was more viable. Lack of recovery and average bulk is rather unfortunate for a pokemon that can't even hold leftovers.

127MMS.png

I like its satanic beetle look, it's fantastic and way cooler than vpinsir. It's also funny how much work it puts in with such a terrible typing. I guess the only real issue I have with it is that I don't see much incentive to run a moveset that's not return/quick attack/swords dance/eq. Also kind of dumb that its base form is pure bug yet it has little use for bug STAB.

208MMS.png

I like the crystals and really the design in general. I'd say it's a shame how weak it is for a mega, but for some reason I think its underdog status might make me like it more. Sand force is still a dumb and boring ability tho. If it at least fit flavor-wise with the design changes from regular steelix I'd be more okay with it, but it doesn't even have flavor appeal.

354MMS.png

the design's really creative and really fits banette. Like with mega steelix I'm honestly not that bothered about how unimpressive it is. Though I wouldn't mind some better ghost STAB....

303MMS.png

used to be my favorite mega, but after oras happened I've grown really tired of it. The design is still cool and I still like it. Just a lot less than I used to. It's also less interesting than all the other mega designs on this list, as far as changes from the original go. It's exactly what I'd predict a mega mawile to look like, as nice as the pink and extra jaw may look.

Last edited:
Mega Rayquaza, Mega Charizard X, Mega Altaria, Mega Ampharos, Mega Sceptile, Mega Garchomp, Mega Salamence, Mega Aggron, Mega Swampert, Mega Mewtwo X, Mega Mewtwo Y, Mega Tyranitar and Mega Metagross. Primal Groudon too if Primal reversion is included.

Mega Lopunny and Mega Metagross are my top two favorites at the moment.

I also like Mega Charizard X (for its design and typing) and Y (for its battling ability), Mega Altaria, Mega Pinsir, Mega Gallade, Mega Pidgeot, Mega Gengar, Mega Beedrill, and Mega Salamence.

Mega Gengar by a long shot, but I will settle for Mega Beedrill, Mega Metagross, Mega Ampharos, and Mega Diancie for when I want to play with Gengar's still useful base form. I also used Mega Sableye once.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom