• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

favorite moment out of these?

which of these is your favorite

• Total voters
Mt coronet/ Distortion World because it felt like everything was doomed if you didn't get to the top in time and Cyrus revealing his plan, everything and everyone will be destroyed... then just all the legendary madness up there and Cyrus being dragged to the distortion world and then entering it and gah just everything about it is so awesome!

Defintely Mt. Coronet. The stakes were at their highest, the entire universe was in danger when Cyrus summons the Gods of Time and Space, and in Platinum the God of Antimatter joins too, i can imagine Giratina in that scene "What are you guys doing? Woo, It sounds like fun, i'm gonna join too", and it sends Cyrus to the Distortion World.

Mt. Silver, definitely. N's Castle is a close one though. It's not included in the poll, but I'd definitely put the Red Gyarados up there too.

I'll forever be disappointed at how underwhelming the "freezing" of Unova turned out to be. The pre-release map teased that at least half of the entire region would be frozen, and instead we got... a city.

N's Castle, with Mt. Coronet and the Distortion World a close second. Both of them were exciting, climactic endings to their respective storylines. N's Castle gets the edge because it's surprising, and because it ties the legendary in with the badge quest.

I'll forever be disappointed at how underwhelming the "freezing" of Unova turned out to be. The pre-release map teased that at least half of the entire region would be frozen, and instead we got... a city.

That might have just been an aesthetic touch, they simply used the ice as a replacement for the usual clouds.

That might have just been an aesthetic touch, they simply used the ice as a replacement for the usual clouds.

CoroCoro actually did suggest that Unova was frozen, and that the ice on the map was more than just another way of obscuring specific locations. Between that and the animated trailer (which featured a frozen Opelucid), it's pretty clear what they were implying was gonna happen. They were just very misleading about the scope of it all.

Mt. Silver. it gave you a final challenge for what was going to be at the peak on the mountain. Red. The previous Champion from the previous generation, there to test your skills in a gigantic grand finale for a generation i still love to this day.

I gotta pick N's castle cos when it rises out of the ground and eats up the Pokémon League, it was just saucesome :D Plus I liked it that Black/White are the only games where saving the world is more important and becoming the flipping champion xD Plus, the bit at the end when N looks at you and then flies away is like out of a film and it was so dramatic and sad and hopeful too.

Also, I don't remember beating Platinum all the way though; what does happen to Cyrus? He doesn't snuff it, does he? That'd be lame, seeing as DPPl have the best music IMO.

Last edited:
The Mt. Coronet ascension and N's Castle are by far my favorite moments. They're the only two climaxes that I feel had proper build-up and pay-off, and as such, stand out above the rest. Both had me glued to the screen as it happened and made my heart race. The atmosphere with both the graphics and music, all the built up tension from the previous set-ups, the stakes of both, and all the events that happen in the sequences themselves, with a few surprises and twists and turns for good measure make them excellent and memorable.

It's really difficult to pick between them, as both are just that damn good, but I'll have to give N's Castle my vote by a small margin. The way this moment avoided the formula and the post-7th Gym climax, and also how it involved and integrated the typical League quest around it, alongside all the moments like the Gym Leaders coming to help you, the various things the Grunts say, N's Room, the appearance and capture of Reshiram/Zekrom followed up by the final duel against N, and the subsequent twist, as well as the conclusion of everything, make for a really intense, heart-wrenching, and yet hopeful finale. The cuspid of a beautifully staged story from start to end, and by far, the milestone of all storytelling in Pokémon. A point I doubt they'll ever reach again. As part of my favorite story in the entire series, and the climax no less, it more than deserves my vote.

Mt. Coronet and The Distortion World. Definitely the most intense and suspenseful moment of the main series. This one was literally a matter of life or death, because losing would have been the actual end of the world.

N's castle. When I played White the very first time and N revealed that he wanted to become champion, I just thought " oh cool, I get to battle N as a champion while he uses a legendary." I had that idea till the moment that f#cking castle came rising from the ground, just epic. Perfect ending of a great story.

N's castle. Everything was built up to that very moment, and it provided an amazing plot twist. The truth behind Ghetsis' motives and N's life, how they weaved the tale of the legendary heroes right into the battle against N... I don't think there will ever be another climax intense as N's castle.

Giratina dragging Cyrus to the distortion world comes in second.

Nobody answered my question xD What happens after that; do you get to rescue Cyrus?

Well, no. You DO go to the Distortion World, but it's to find what Giratina's up to, not save Cyrus XD After you fight him for the last time, he kinda leaves on his own, so nobody knows what happened to him.

Cheers dude! Ah, so he doesn't die than, that's good. Maybe we will find out what happens when they do Sinnoh remakes (which they must, of course) ;)

For me, Black and White version has the most wonderful story and twists.. Because it has a very unusual ending and the way you capture the Legendary is also connected at the end of the story. The only thing that I don't want is the conclusion of N at the end.

N's Castle for me, followed very closely by the Distortion World and Mt. Coronet. Both had quite a bit of buildup, both were exciting and climatic, and the music. HOLY. GOD. That's what makes me look forward to those moments the most. N's Castle gets ahead marginally thanks to it being the most climatic end to a core series game so far; catching the legend and facing down the evil team is more important than becoming Champion, you say?! Also, Reshiram's and Zekrom's cutscenes blew my young mind, and the ending was touching and awesome at the same time.

tl;dr: Putting the climax at the very end, using some awesome graphics, and having a ton of great music tracks, one after another, makes N's Castle my favorite.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom