• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • The 2020 staff drive for Bulbagarden is now live! If you're interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff team (whether it be forums, social media, or more!) then you're encouraged to apply!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Favorite Mono-Type Type?

Reaction score
I forgot to mention this before, but I noticed that there are a lot of Fighting types in X. So much so that I plan on doing a Mono-type run sometimes in the future.

My Fighting Mono-type team would include:

Chesnaught
Pangoro
Scrafty
Toxicroak
Lucario
Hawlucha

Actually Your Boy Guzma
Reaction score
I've done some tinkering with my Monotype teams (and modifications with new moves from USUM) and came out with this.

Golisopod
Scizor
M-Beedrill
Volcarona
Galvantula
Yanmega

Bisharp
Weavile
M-Sharpedo
A-Muk
Krookodile
Mandibuzz

Salazzle
A-Muk
M-Venusaur
Scolipede
Toxapex
Crobat

Decidueye
Mimikyu
M-Sableye
A-Marowak
Jellicent
Palossand

Kommo-o
M-Heracross
Lucario
Infernape
Hawlucha
Terrakion

Excadrill
Garchomp
M-Camerupt
Gliscor
Mamoswine
Seismitoad[/SPOLER]

Reaction score
Since I created a mono-team for the Fighting-Type, I thought I'd do the same for my other favourite types as well.

Fairy
Gardevoir (w/Mega Stone)
Aromatisse
Togekiss
Wigglytuff
Granbull
Shiinotic

Steel
Aggron (w/Mega Stone)
Metagross
Magnezone
Mawile
Skarmory
Escavalier

Fire
Incineroar
Arcanine
Turtonator
Pyroar(F)
Salazzle
Magmortar

Electric
Manectric (w/Mega Stone)
Jolteon
Zebstrika
Eelektross
Ampharos
Lanturn

Ice
Froslass
Alolan Ninetales
Glaceon
Avalugg
Dewgong
Walrein

↑ & ↓ & ↻
Reaction score
[In Progress] Mono Steel (Pearl): Bronzong, Empoleon, Bastiodon, Steelix, Riolu/Lucario, [Blank spot] (Not enough Steel types in the game other than Trash Wormadam, which means fumbling around with honey mechanics. Maybe Skarmory will take this slot in the post-game.)
No longer "in progress!" It's done! Beat the game with a team of 5. While Lucario was kinda fun to use, Bronzong was the real MVP for tanking Cynthia's Garchomp like a boss. Oh, and Empoleon for... sweeping Bertha and Flint, I guess.

Now I'm on Mono Psychic in Ultra Sun. It's been more painful than the other two since Psychic isn't especially an good type defensively.
Current lineup: Alakazam, Malamar, Alolan Raichu, Metagross, Xatu, Mr. Mime

Last edited:
"What do you mean, my Gengarite is contraband?!"
Reaction score
Definitely Ghost. I got into a battle with this Mono team on ORAS that made it onto YouTube, so I'm quite proud of that.

Reaction score
If I was going to make a team out of one type, it'd probably be Electric. On the offense side, it's supereffective against two of the most common types (Water and Flying) and its signature status ailment is Paralysis. It also pairs well with Ice for hitting things that are otherwise resistant to Electric (other than Electric itself). Defensively, there aren't many tanks in the Electric department but it's immune to Paralysis itself, the Ground weakness can be mitigated somewhat with Magnet Rise, and you can generally just Volt Switch off any negative status buffs.