• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Mono-Type Type?

I forgot to mention this before, but I noticed that there are a lot of Fighting types in X. So much so that I plan on doing a Mono-type run sometimes in the future.

My Fighting Mono-type team would include:

Chesnaught
Pangoro
Scrafty
Toxicroak
Lucario
Hawlucha

I've done some tinkering with my Monotype teams (and modifications with new moves from USUM) and came out with this.

Golisopod
Scizor
M-Beedrill
Volcarona
Galvantula
Yanmega

Bisharp
Weavile
M-Sharpedo
A-Muk
Krookodile
Mandibuzz

Salazzle
A-Muk
M-Venusaur
Scolipede
Toxapex
Crobat

Decidueye
Mimikyu
M-Sableye
A-Marowak
Jellicent
Palossand

Kommo-o
M-Heracross
Lucario
Infernape
Hawlucha
Terrakion

Excadrill
Garchomp
M-Camerupt
Gliscor
Mamoswine
Seismitoad[/SPOLER]

Since I created a mono-team for the Fighting-Type, I thought I'd do the same for my other favourite types as well.

Fairy
Gardevoir (w/Mega Stone)
Aromatisse
Togekiss
Wigglytuff
Granbull
Shiinotic

Steel
Aggron (w/Mega Stone)
Metagross
Magnezone
Mawile
Skarmory
Escavalier

Fire
Incineroar
Arcanine
Turtonator
Pyroar(F)
Salazzle
Magmortar

Electric
Manectric (w/Mega Stone)
Jolteon
Zebstrika
Eelektross
Ampharos
Lanturn

Ice
Froslass
Alolan Ninetales
Glaceon
Avalugg
Dewgong
Walrein

[In Progress] Mono Steel (Pearl): Bronzong, Empoleon, Bastiodon, Steelix, Riolu/Lucario, [Blank spot] (Not enough Steel types in the game other than Trash Wormadam, which means fumbling around with honey mechanics. Maybe Skarmory will take this slot in the post-game.)
No longer "in progress!" It's done! Beat the game with a team of 5. While Lucario was kinda fun to use, Bronzong was the real MVP for tanking Cynthia's Garchomp like a boss. Oh, and Empoleon for... sweeping Bertha and Flint, I guess.

Now I'm on Mono Psychic in Ultra Sun. It's been more painful than the other two since Psychic isn't especially an good type defensively.
Current lineup: Alakazam, Malamar, Alolan Raichu, Metagross, Xatu, Mr. Mime

Last edited:
Definitely Ghost. I got into a battle with this Mono team on ORAS that made it onto YouTube, so I'm quite proud of that.

If I was going to make a team out of one type, it'd probably be Electric. On the offense side, it's supereffective against two of the most common types (Water and Flying) and its signature status ailment is Paralysis. It also pairs well with Ice for hitting things that are otherwise resistant to Electric (other than Electric itself). Defensively, there aren't many tanks in the Electric department but it's immune to Paralysis itself, the Ground weakness can be mitigated somewhat with Magnet Rise, and you can generally just Volt Switch off any negative status buffs.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom