• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite movie intro & ending

J J M

never ever giving up
Reaction score
You know those short sequences near the beginning of the movie where there's usually a battle or something of that sort with the opening song playing the entire time? Yeah, those intros.

So basically, what's your favorite?

EDIT: Wouldn't hurt to include the ending of the movies as well. Both orignal and dub.

Last edited:
The opening of the 12th movie with the Ash/Dawn tag battle was good.

I'll always like the opening of the first movie, with Ash battling the pirate with Bulbasaur and Squirtle, simply because of nostalgia.

The 3rd movie opening battle with Lisa was nice as well.

Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. I really like all the costumes. Pokemon 4Ever's also got a nice battle, it was the first one that came to mind.

I think my favorite ending is Jirachi: Wishmaker. Chiisaki Mono is one of my favorite pokemon songs ever, both dubbed and in the original Japanese.

Yeah, Wish Maker had one awesome ending. The production value of that was quite good. Plus it sounded so bitter sweet.

I'll also throw the ending of Pokemon: 2000 into the mix, y'know back when Pokemon had a ton of licensed songs to throw around. The endings are usually a nice mix of calm, relaxing sequences, and this was no exception. Yet having Weird Al's 'Polkamon' come up out of no where gives it a little something more!

Openings... First Movie and Pokemon 3 get my vote. I like the fact it was Ash's whole team in a fight against another trainer with some killer music. It embodies the spirit of Pokemon perfectly. With the other movies, they were doing commendable efforts in changing it up, such as with the race through Altomare or the Cameron Palace tournament or a double battle with Dawn. But I don't think those are quite my cup of tea.

12th movie. I've only seen the dub, but I really like the full version of Battle Cry. Can't wait to see the opening with High Touch 2009. The battle is fun, I love Pikachu and Pochama in it.

for openings, I rather enjoyed the simplicity of the first AG movie. We just see the circus coming together while the credits display on screen, with some calming BGM playing all the while (this was the first movie to break the tradition of using a remix of the anime openings... as awesome as those tend to be, I just like that it was trying something different for once). For endings, I'll have to think on that.

I liked Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. The music was good and all of the costumes were nice to look at. It looked like a fun place to be.

I also really like Arceus and the Jewel of Life, mostly because of the music.

Yeah, that was a enjoyable battle. I forgot what song they used during that scene though.

They used a song based on whatever opening theme was on the time. Born to be a Winner in the dub, Aim to be a Pokemon Master 2001 version in the original Japanese.

Best opening i guess for me is the Japanese 8th with Battle Frontier Eiga Version
Ending i would have to go with the 6th Chiisaki Mono either version tbh

Intro: The Rise of Darkrai (because of We Will be Heroes)
Ending: Jirachi Wishmaker (the song at the end is so emotional)

In terms of visuals, Movie 10's intro was definitely the best. As for song, Movie 12's was pretty good.

As for endings...Movie 8, I guess.

Movie 10 and Movie 12... coincidently, the beginning and the ending of the trilogy...

The older intros and endings were good too but I can't remember any in particular-ending that is. I remember all the intros.

I loved that movie version of Pokemon Johto that played in the 3rd movie. It was really catchy and fun. Nice animation too.

For the closings, I'd say the first movie's because of the group of songs, espicially Christina A.'s "Miracle". Brings me back to some fun times.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom