• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Movie Villain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, but the Joker is a *joking* character. Heath's Joker is two-dimensional. He, as you say, just kills for the hell of it. That is not what the Joker does.

Jack's Joker was actually scary. He was hilarious one moment, and vicious and terrifying the next. Mark Hammil's Joker (Who I consider to be the best of all time) was similar to this.

But you can sympathize with Jack's Joker. . . You don't understand what I meant by comedy-character. Heath's Joker had plenty of subtle comedic moments, as well as a few larger ones (pencil trick, changing his backstory, etc.) but his brand of comedy was more fitting of The Joker; morbid. Jack's Joker's comedy is similar to that of a Jester's, something that, in the film, came abruptly.

It really is a matter of personal taste (though I don't think one can deny that Ledger's performance, whether you like his Joker or not, is on the level of some of the most iconic of all-time, while Nicholson's will remain as a classic comic-book performance). My favorite Joker comes in the form of The Dark Knight and Batman: The Killing Joke by Alan Moore. I've never been a fan of superhero comic-book stories. I think the graphic-novel medium is above that. That's why I love a lot of the Batman stories; they are more human, detective stories, than superpowers and bravado. That's why I adore the work of Alan Moore.

I have always favored The Joker and Venum as my fav. Villians lol

In no particular order:

1. the Joker (The Dark Knight)
2. Lord Voldemort (of course :D)
3. Darth Traya (not from a movie but for me she's the best gray character in SW... and her schemes are second only to Palpatine's...and it's a close second all right)
4. Azula (from Avatar: The Last Airbender...just for the pure insanity)
5. that's from a game again but he is the most annoying enourmous nearly-unbeatle brat the game industry has produced in the last decade: the Dahaka

Darth vader
Palpatine(you have to be badass to be plotting two war efforts and still coming out on top)
Voldemort(In the books, movies, he seems pretty weak).
Green Goblin

1)The Joker.
2)Two Face(The Aaron Eckhart version from Batman: The Dark Knight).
3)Megatron.

1) MAKUTA TERIDAX!!! (Bionicle)
2) Joker
3) Voldemort
4) Darth Vader
5) The Meta (Red vs Blue)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom