• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite movie

Which movie is your favorite?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't we already have this thread somewhere?

It's a tough call for me, between Movies 10 and 11... personally I felt these two have been the very best Pokemon movies so far. However, I went with 10 ultimately.

I'm torn between the 3 DP movies. I feel that they're the best movies and have had the best plot so far. I like the trilogy thing they had going on there.

But I picked Giratina and the Sky Warrior because of Shaymin and the Reverse World. :p

Even though I only saw part of it: The Rise or Darkrai. If I saw a movie in its entirety: Destiny Deoxys.

It wa hard, but Spell of the Unown was the winner for me. I love it when Charizard comes in :D the runner-up was The Power of One...

The Entei one. That doesn't have a Zoroark in it. 'Cause I haven't seen that one yet.

But yeah. Movie 3 is my favorite one. It has its flaws, but I liked the concept, the setting... the antagonist... that stuff. (One day I will watch the Japanese version of it- a legitimate copy of the Japanese version, to be exact...)

I can't decide between 10th and 11th movie, I like both of em' hmm... voted 10, Darkrai is more of badass than Giratina.

My favorite movie is Pokemon the Movie 2000: The Power of One. =D

I LOVE that movie! It's so awesome! I can watch it over and over, and it'll be epic every time. <3

Also, I love Ash's lines in that movie. X3

And then, Pokemon Heroes has to be my second favorite Pokemon movie. I really enjoy watching that one!

It wa hard, but Spell of the Unown was the winner for me. I love it when Charizard comes in :D the runner-up was The Power of One...
Oh yeah! I like Spell of the Unown too! ^^

It had two awesome things for me: 1) The catchy remix of Pokemon Johto, at the beginning. I love that song! 2) My name is used in Pokemon 3 The movie. The trainer with the Aipom, her name is Lisa. And Ash says my name like 3 times during the movie, hehe. XD

The Entei one. That doesn't have a Zoroark in it. 'Cause I haven't seen that one yet.

But yeah. Movie 3 is my favorite one. It has its flaws, but I liked the concept, the setting... the antagonist... that stuff. (One day I will watch the Japanese version of it- a legitimate copy of the Japanese version, to be exact...)

The third movie was okay, but there were a few problems with it that made me like the eighth movie more. Molly was a selfish jerk, 4Kids moved the scene where Professor Hale was released, 4Kids replaced the music, and 4Kids added a voiceover of Professor Hale while Molly was crying (there was silence in the original).

Power of One will always be my favorite. IMO, Lugia is epic. `_^

Definitely Pokémon the Movie 2000.

To be exact:
01) Pokémon 2000
02) Arceus and the Jewel of Life
03) Pokémon the First Movie
04) Lucario and the Mystery of Mew
05) Giratina and the Sky Warrior
06) Pokémon Heroes
07) Pokémon 4EVER
08) Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea
09) Pokémon Jirachi Wish Maker
10) Rise of Darkrai
11) Destiny Deoxys
12) Spell of the Unown

Molly was a selfish jerk
Huh? Wasn't she supposed to be? I mean, afterall, Molly was the 3rd movie's antagonist. Because she was the one making all the bad stuff happen during the movie. But then, later on, you grow to "like" Molly and feel sorry for her because she's just a kid and doesn't realize what she's doing. At least, they said something like that during the audio commentary. =P

Have you heard the commentary on the Pokemon 3 DVD? I'm curious. They said some very interesting stuff on there.

4Kids replaced the music
Well, I probably have different tastes than you. But I actually like the musical score that 4Kids composed for the 3rd movie (as well as the score they produced for the 1st and 2nd movies).

I think the music from the first three movies is beautiful. Ralph Shuckett really did a great job composing those scores (in my opinion). =)

My movie rankings-

1. Destiny Deoxys
2. Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea
3. Rise of Darkrai
4. The Power of One
5. Spell of Unown
6. Lucario and the Mystery of Mew
7. Pokemon the First Movie

8. Arceus and the Jewel of Life
9. Giratina and the Sky Warrior
10. Pokemon 4Ever

11. Pokemon Heroes
12. Pokemon Jirachi Wish Maker

11 and 12 are tied for worst pokemon movies ever. 1 through 7 are awesome. 8 through 10 are okay, not great.

Huh? Wasn't she supposed to be? I mean, afterall, Molly was this movie's antagonist. Because she was the one making all the bad stuff happen during the movie. But then, later on, you grow to "like" Molly and feel sorry for her because she's just a kid and doesn't realize what she's doing. At least, they said something like that during the audio commentary. =P

You're supposed to feel sorry for her later on, which is rather hard when she's been so selfish for the entire movie.

Have you heard the commentary on the Pokemon 3 DVD? I'm curious. They said some very interesting stuff on there.

Like that Entei is a psychic-type.

Well, I probably have different tastes than you. But I actually like the musical score that 4Kids composed for the 3rd movie (and the score they produced for the 1st and 2nd movies as well).

I think the music from the first three movies is beautiful. Ralph Shuckett really did a great job composing the music(in my opinion). =)

This movie's music was better than the first two, but it still wasn't as good as the Japanese version.

Lucario and the Mystery of Mew was fantastic.

The third movie was okay, but there were a few problems with it that made me like the eighth movie more. Molly was a selfish jerk,

Considering what she had to deal with at the beginning of the movie, I... really don't see that. Her mother had already left her and her father... got sucked into another dimension (?!).

4Kids moved the scene where Professor Hale was released, 4Kids replaced the music, and 4Kids added a voiceover of Professor Hale while Molly was crying (there was silence in the original).

While I do agree those are problems, I don't think the movie itself should be blamed for those things.

PokemonTrainerLisa said:
Well, I probably have different tastes than you. But I actually like the musical score that 4Kids composed for the 3rd movie (and the score they produced for the 1st and 2nd movies as well).

I think the music from the first three movies is beautiful. Ralph Shuckett really did a great job composing the music(in my opinion).]Well, I probably have different tastes than you. But I actually like the musical score that 4Kids composed for the 3rd movie (and the score they produced for the 1st and 2nd movies as well).

I think the music from the first three movies is beautiful. Ralph Shuckett really did a great job composing the music(in my opinion).

While I don't like the dub changing the music, I will say that I do like the dub scores of the first three movies. (Not that I'd want to encourage them for replacing the music more, or that I'm glad they did it from the beginning.)

This part isn't really aimed at you anyone in particular, but... I still want to see the complete Japanese versions of the first three movies. Since the third movie's my favorite, I want to see how the "atmosphere" of the movie is with the original music. The current dub movies keep (nearly) all the Japanese BGM, and I know that music is an important element of the whole thing. I thought the third movie was pretty exciting. Will the Japanese music still keep that exciting mood?

I do have the Japanese soundtracks for the first three movies, but the second and third movie tracks only have a few pieces. Better than nothing, but still... (Oh, and I do like the music on those CDs, for the most part. The Japanese music playing during the final showdown of the first movie, imo, is much better than what the dub did.)

Like that Entei is a psychic-type.
Haha, yeah. XD

True, Entei wasn't Psychic in this movie, it was just an illusion created by the Unown. But I don't blame the dubbers for assuming it was Psychic.

Honestly, at the time, this was only the 3rd Pokemon movie they had dubbed. And every movie before this had a Psychic type Pokemon with the ability to talk/telepathy (first movie had Mewtwo, second movie had Lugia).

But anyway, I think they were overjoyed because they didn't have to fit the lipflaps when Entei spoke, lol. XD

Lucario and the Mystery of Mew was fantastic.
I agree. That's another one of my faves. ^_^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom