• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Favorite Non-Pokémon Shippings

Looking for a way to be whole again.
Reaction score
Here's one that's likely to be obscure: Max Brass x Dr. Coyle

I'm convinced this one is real that these two dated or even possibly married. If you don't know who these characters are, they come from the Switch game known as ARMS. Max Brass is one of the oldest characters in that game as well as him being a champion for a long time. Dr. Coyle, on the other hand, is a scientist responsible for creating Helix, Springtron, and Hedlok, she is also responsible for the reanimation of Master Mummy.

If you clear a Level 4 or a higher difficulty Grand Prix as Dr. Coyle, her ending art shows a patched up picture of her and Max looking into each other's eyes and smiling.

Last edited:
織田信長☆FAN
Reaction score
Depends on my mood, as I never let go of ships once I become a fan of them. My dominant leaning is M/M (with smatterings of M/F and F/F). I cycle through old and new ships regularly so that "spark" of affection doesn't fade.

Top 3
Oda Nobunaga/Mori Ranmaru
(Multiple) - It's historical canon, for crying out loud! Though I most often use/refer to their Sengoku BASARA versions when I think about them.
Lucci/Kaku (One Piece) - Over a decade of shipping and counting.
Cars/Wham (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure) - Oh, the spelling's wrong? I'm sorry, I SHIPPED THIS BEFORE JOJO WAS COOL.

Other notable current ships
Nihongou/Tonbokiri/Otegine (Touken Ranbu -ONLINE-) - Probably my OT3 at this point. (Probably? Definitely.)
Grillby/Gaster (Undertale) - One character says two words, the other might not even EXIST. Do I care? No.
Capricorn Shura/Leo Aiolia (Saint Seiya) - I did essentially say "leopard/giraffe" earlier, so there's clearly a method to my madness pattern here...
The Batter/Zacharie (OFF) - I don't have an explanation. I'm honestly confused as to why I like it in the first place.
Ganondorf/Link (Legend of Zelda series) - I'm genuinely sorry, LoZ fans. (For future reference, I have a tendency towards villain/hero relationships, so... there's that?)
Mink/Aoba (DRAMAtical Murder) - My first Nitro+Chiral VN OTP (the others would be Tetsuo/Youji and Bardo/Konoe). I'm still a little sore that it wasn't as fleshed out as much as the game's other relationships.
Barawa/Chat Noir (Granblue Fantasy) - I don't know if I can choose just one Granblue Fantasy pairing because there are so many good ones! But this one's got a decent amount of fan content... and I love these two dorks to pieces and their bug obsessions and their detective-thief rivalry which is clearly a game because oh my god...! Rambles in fangirl.

Legacy ships
Kakashi/Iruka (Naruto) - I was known for my love of this in high school.
Gin/Izuru (Bleach) - This pairing was my introduction to deep, complex (and not necessarily healthy) ships.
Hiei/Kurama (Yuu Yuu Hakusho) - My first M/M ship, it holds a special place in my heart.

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Due to my late exposure to it (as always) I've come to see, and enjoy, any shipping scenes involving Naofumi and Raphtalia from Rising of the Shield Hero. They were just made for each other. Now... if only the whole "Raphtalia is 10 years-old" thing wasn't part of the equation then it would be much better. But, given the fact that the fantasy world he's in doesn't have an age limit for adulthood and it's ultimately determined by the parents (something that Mirellia and Trash have... awkwardly pointed out when it comes to Melty), I guess one can overlook it. ...Though it still a bit off-putting. But, at the same time, given their interactions and loyalty to each other, it does warm my heart seeing Naofumi and Raphtalia together, considering how similar they are.