• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Non-Pokémon Shippings

Here's one that's likely to be obscure: Max Brass x Dr. Coyle

I'm convinced this one is real that these two dated or even possibly married. If you don't know who these characters are, they come from the Switch game known as ARMS. Max Brass is one of the oldest characters in that game as well as him being a champion for a long time. Dr. Coyle, on the other hand, is a scientist responsible for creating Helix, Springtron, and Hedlok, she is also responsible for the reanimation of Master Mummy.

If you clear a Level 4 or a higher difficulty Grand Prix as Dr. Coyle, her ending art shows a patched up picture of her and Max looking into each other's eyes and smiling.

Last edited:
Depends on my mood, as I never let go of ships once I become a fan of them. My dominant leaning is M/M (with smatterings of M/F and F/F). I cycle through old and new ships regularly so that "spark" of affection doesn't fade.

Top 3
Oda Nobunaga/Mori Ranmaru
(Multiple) - It's historical canon, for crying out loud! Though I most often use/refer to their Sengoku BASARA versions when I think about them.
Lucci/Kaku (One Piece) - Over a decade of shipping and counting.
Cars/Wham (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure) - Oh, the spelling's wrong? I'm sorry, I SHIPPED THIS BEFORE JOJO WAS COOL.

Other notable current ships
Nihongou/Tonbokiri/Otegine (Touken Ranbu -ONLINE-) - Probably my OT3 at this point. (Probably? Definitely.)
Grillby/Gaster (Undertale) - One character says two words, the other might not even EXIST. Do I care? No.
Capricorn Shura/Leo Aiolia (Saint Seiya) - I did essentially say "leopard/giraffe" earlier, so there's clearly a method to my madness pattern here...
The Batter/Zacharie (OFF) - I don't have an explanation. I'm honestly confused as to why I like it in the first place.
Ganondorf/Link (Legend of Zelda series) - I'm genuinely sorry, LoZ fans. (For future reference, I have a tendency towards villain/hero relationships, so... there's that?)
Mink/Aoba (DRAMAtical Murder) - My first Nitro+Chiral VN OTP (the others would be Tetsuo/Youji and Bardo/Konoe). I'm still a little sore that it wasn't as fleshed out as much as the game's other relationships.
Barawa/Chat Noir (Granblue Fantasy) - I don't know if I can choose just one Granblue Fantasy pairing because there are so many good ones! But this one's got a decent amount of fan content... and I love these two dorks to pieces and their bug obsessions and their detective-thief rivalry which is clearly a game because oh my god...! Rambles in fangirl.

Legacy ships
Kakashi/Iruka (Naruto) - I was known for my love of this in high school.
Gin/Izuru (Bleach) - This pairing was my introduction to deep, complex (and not necessarily healthy) ships.
Hiei/Kurama (Yuu Yuu Hakusho) - My first M/M ship, it holds a special place in my heart.

Due to my late exposure to it (as always) I've come to see, and enjoy, any shipping scenes involving Naofumi and Raphtalia from Rising of the Shield Hero. They were just made for each other. Now... if only the whole "Raphtalia is 10 years-old" thing wasn't part of the equation then it would be much better. But, given the fact that the fantasy world he's in doesn't have an age limit for adulthood and it's ultimately determined by the parents (something that Mirellia and Trash have... awkwardly pointed out when it comes to Melty), I guess one can overlook it. ...Though it still a bit off-putting. But, at the same time, given their interactions and loyalty to each other, it does warm my heart seeing Naofumi and Raphtalia together, considering how similar they are.

Oh boy here we go...

Naruto
Naruto/Hinata <3
Naruto/Sasuke
Minato/Kushina
Shikamaru/Temari
Ino/Sai
Boruto/Sarada

Bleach
Ichigo/Rukia
Ichigo/Orihime
Ishida/Orihime <3
Ulquiorra/Orihime
Renji/Rukia
Gin/Rangiku
Hitsugaya/Hinamori

Zuko/Katara
Aang/Katara
Toph/Sokka <3
Suki/Sokka
Korra/Asami <3
Korra/Bolin

Disney
Wall-E/Eve <3
Buzz/Jessie <3
Woody/Bo Beep
Rapunzel/Flynn <3
Hercules/Meg
Simba/Nala
Aladdin/Jasmine <3
Tiana/Naveen
Nick/Judy
Honey Lemon/Gogo Tomago
Mickey/Minnie
Donald/Daisy
Max Goof/Roxanne <3
Goofy/Sylvia <3

Kingdom Hearts
Roxas/Xion <3
Sora/Kairi
Sora/Riku
Terra/Aqua

Neon Genesis Evangelion
Shinji/Kaworu
Misato/Kaji
Asuka/Rei

Teen Titans
Robin/Starfire
Robin/Raven
Beast Boy/Raven <3
Beast Boy/Terra
Beast Boy/Starfire
Starfire/Raven
Cyborg/Bumblebee
Cyborg/Jynx
Kid Flash/Jynx

Adventure Time
Bubblegum/Marceline <3
Finn/Flame Princess
Finn/Huntress Wizard
Simon/Betty
Jake/Lady Rainicorn

Steven Universe
Ruby/Sapphire <3
Steven/Connie
Lapis/Peridot/Amethyst
Pearl/Rose <3
Greg/Rose <3
Pearl/Volleyball (Pink Pearl)

Harry Potter
Harry/Luna <3
Neville/Luna
Hermione/Ron

Star Wars
Han/Leia
Finn/Rey/Poe <3

She-Ra
Adora/Catra
Bow/Glimmer
Entrapta/Hordak <3
Sea Hawk/Mermista

My Little Pony
Twilight Sparkle/Sunset Shimmer
Twilight Sparkle/Pinkie Pie
Fluttershy/Rainbow Dash <3
Fluttershy/Pinkie Pie
Fluttershy/Discord <3
Discord/Celestia
Applejack/Rarity
Pinkie Pie/Cheese Sandwich <3

Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic/Amy
Sonic/Blaze <3
Sonic/Shadow
Sonic/Sally
Sally/Nicole <3
Shadow/Amy
Shadow/Rouge <3
Knuckles/Rouge
Tails/Cream
Tails/Cosmo <3
Silver/Blaze
Tangle/Whisper
Vector/Vanilla

Other
Rock/Revy (Black Lagoon)
Alucard/Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
Rin/Shiemi (Blue Exorcist)
Allura/Lance (Voltron)
Hunk/Shay (Voltron)
Gwen/Kevin (Ben 10)
Bugs Bunny/Lola Bunny (Looney Tunes)
Megamind/Roxanne (Megamind)
Tigress/Po (Kung Fu Panda)
Shrek/Fiona (Shrek)
Hiccup/Astrid (How to Train your Dragon)
Toothless/Lightfury (How to Train your Dragon 3)
Charlie/Vaggie (Hazbin Hotel)
Moxie/Millie (Helluva Boss)
Korvo/Terry (Solar Opposites)
Luz/Amity (The Owl House)
Willow/Hunter (The Owl House)
David/Lucy (Cyberpunk: Edgerunners)
Gomez/Mortricia (The Addams Family)

That's all for now kiddos!

Edit: Updated as of 2024

Last edited:
i ship the 4 ships that are literally the same thing (miraculous ladybug)

Only Angel Beats!
Otonashi/Kanade
Otonashi/Yuri
Otonashi/Yui
Otonashi/Noai
Otonashi/Hinata
Yuri/Noda
Kanade/Noai

I ship Friday Night Funkin Characters
Neonight x Lylace
RuvSyle x Rayna
RuvStyle x HexaDust
Swirl x Blow
D3nki x Killian Falls
Ruv x Sarvente
Senpai and Monkia
Whitty x Carol
Nikusa x Tabi
Samantha Coleman x eleteD
Fever or Ceaser x Tea
BoyFriend x Girlfriend
Daddy Dearest x Mommy Mearest
Lord X x Majin Sonic

Here are my non-Pokemon OTPs (as usual I want to save everyone from an embarrassingly long list, so these are just the OTPs and not all the non-Pokemon ships I like):

Akihiko/Kotone (Persona 3)
Akihiko/Shinjiro (Persona 3)
Bubblegum/Marceline (Adventure Time)
Catra/Adora (She-Ra and the Princesses of Power)
Chrom/Robin (Fire Emblem Awakening - either male or female Robin, makes no difference; I adore it either way)
Felix/Sylvain (Fire Emblem Three Houses) (my #1 they are EVERYTHING to me)
Hinata/Kageyama (Haikyuu)
Junpei/Akane (Zero Escape: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors)
Kagami/Kuroko (Kuroko's Basketball)
Kaito/Maki (Danganronpa V3)
Kyo/Tohru (Fruits Basket)
Kyoko/Sayaka (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)
Leo/Takumi (Fire Emblem Fates)
Luz/Amity (The Owl House)
Nenji/Tomi (13 Sentinels)
Phoenix/Edgeworth (Ace Attorney)
Ruby/Sapphire (Steven Universe)
Ryunosuke/Kazuma (Ace Attorney)
Shinjiro/Kotone (Persona 3)
Shuichi/Kaede (Danganronpa V3)
Shulk/Fiora (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Snake/Otacon (Metal Gear Solid)
Soul/Maka (Soul Eater)
Victor/Yuuri (Yuri on Ice)
Zack/Aerith (Final Fantasy 7)
Zero/Yuuki (Vampire Knight)

so many lol. uhhhhhh
i think i Went Off in another thread abt some of mine but one of my absolute absolute OTPs is feenris. ive written so much feenris, most of it is old and/or bad but i really just love. them.
i think cases for narumayo and narumitsu can totally be made but at the end of the day they're not my thing bc of the age gap when maya and phoenix meet + i firmly view edgeworth as aroace
hmm. a couple of others i'd say i'm really really fond of:
  • farasyke (this is what i've seen kay x ema be called in some places? not sure if it's the "official" name, though)
  • fradrian
  • sholmes x mikotoba? (yujin OBVIOUSLY) (also not sure if this one has a name or not)
  • lanamia AND miego. nobody said mia has to pick
  • cykesquill (the yuri one. the YURI ONE!!!!!)
  • apollo x athena x juniper
  • with a side of klapollo, but i don't ship klavier with athena or juniper
  • bonny x trucy, my absolute fave aa rarepair
  • susahao
  • also note that klema would be here if i had the guts to ship ema with anyone in the world other than kay, ever
  • junicami (99% sure it's canon)
  • marianne x hilda (feth)
  • cloud x aerith x tifa x zack. because i can (and istg if tifa and zack ever met it wouldve been perfect i stand by this)
  • asulili
  • white rose
  • heromari
  • ryumako
Here are my non-Pokemon OTPs (as usual I want to save everyone from an embarrassingly long list, so these are just the OTPs and not all the non-Pokemon ships I like):
SHIORA + SHINJI/AKIHIKO/KOTONE + SoMa SPOTTED!!!! hello based department...
also saimatsu and felix x sylvain!! so good

Outside of all of the somewhat controversial sans x sans ships (which is fair it’s shipping someone with themselves)

all of my ships:
underswap soriel
underswap asgore x undertale toriel
sans x ketchup
kinger x queenie
Waitresco (tesco x waitrose)

i gave a brief list when the topic came up in the general thread, but i'll also put my favs here too!

i think outside of pokemon my all time fav ship from another piece of media is klug x maguro from puyo puyo, it's a very niche ship and it doesn't have much canon basis but i've always found it super adorable and honestly i kinda wanna go back to making fanart for it at some point.

aside from that some various other stuff i really like:
luka x marinette, alya x marinette, kagami x marinette, i just like a lot of marinette ships generally but i think those 3 are my ult favs (miraculous ladybug)
dr two brains x lady redundant woman, seymour smooth x mr big (this one came to me in a psychic vision), victoria best x eileen (wordgirl)
raffina x feli, lemres x schezo, ringo x amitie (puyo puyo)
spamton x queen (another one that came to me in a psychic vision), noelle x susie, kris x berdly (deltarune) (also myself x rouxls kaard if that counts LOOOL)
yukari x akira, ichika x ciel, ichika x rio (kirakira precure a la mode)
dimple x reigen(dont ask. idk why but ive always just rly liked this one for YEARS), emi x mob, teru x mob (mob psycho 100)
callie x dedf1sh, marie x shiver, pearl x marina, poly deep cut (splatoon)
konomi x fuuka, poly 4luxury, konomi x rio, julia x shizuka, roco x akane (im@s million live)

and thats abt all that i can think of currently but if anything else comes to mind ill edit this post lol. i have like a TON of fav ships from jojos bizarre adventure so im going to spare you all from me listening all of them from over every part. also i like most omori ships but my fav is suntan

I don't have nearly as many non-Pokémon ships as I used to — but what I used to have was a pretty much endless list of them, so maybe that's not a bad thing entirely. xP

My current fave is probably Susie x Noelle from Deltarune. They may as well be canon already, but they live in my head sometimes lol. Their dynamic with each other is perfect, and to me personally it hits a few of the same notes as my current OTP (iykyk), so that may be just a small part of the reason why I love 'em so much. the ferris wheel :')

And the other would be Tee x Lemres, from Puyo Puyo. It's far and away the rarest of any of my rarepairs, but I stand by it... their interactions in the story are incredibly few, but I always thought the few they had were cute. The idea actually came to me in a dream way back in 2017 and I was obsessed for the next few years. It's still got a place in my heart, even though I'm like the only person on earth who ships it as far as I can tell lol.

Off the top of my head, some other pairings that I still like these days would be...
Puyo Puyo: Arle x Witch, Raffina x Amitie x Sig (amitie has two hands)
Fire Emblem Awakening: Chrom/Robin, Henry/Robin, Lissabelle
Love Live!: NozoEli, NicoMaki, KotoUmi
Harvest Moon: Gray x Protagonist (either Claire or Pete, both are good)
Mega Man X: ZeroX (i just think they're neat <3)

i listed mine in the general chat, but my main ones are probably ryomina (ryoji mochizuki/arisato minato), sansby (sans/grillby), quite a few link ships, and joshneku (kiryu joshua/sakuraba neku). i also adore charisk (chara/frisk), mostly platonically but romantic is fine with me too (i do not view them as siblings) (but also they're kids anyway lol)! with the release of persona 3 reload, even though i can't play it it has reminded me of how insane ryomina makes me lol... maybe my top ship since i've liked it the longest?...

Back
Top Bottom