• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Normal Type?

What's your Favorite Fully-Evolved Normal Type?

• Raticate

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Persian

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • Kangaskhan

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Tauros

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Ditto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Snorlax

Votes: 8 7.4%
  • Furret

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Dunsparce

• Ursaring

• Stantler

• Smeargle

• Miltank

• Blissey

• Linoone

• Slaking

• Exploud

• Delcatty

• Spinda

• Zangoose

• Castform

• Kecleon

• Ambipom

• Lopunny

• Purugly

• Lickilicky

• Porygon-Z

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Regigigas

• Arceus

• Watchog

• Stoutland

• Audino

• Cinccino

• Bouffalant

• Furfrou

• Pidgeot

• Fearow

• Wigglytuff

• Farfetch'd

• Dodrio

• Noctowl

• Girafarig

• Swellow

• Staraptor

• Bibarel

• Chatot

• Unfezant

• Sawsbuck

• Braviary

• Meloetta

• Diggersby

• Pyroar

• Heliolisk

• Total voters

Pokeplayer150

Reaction score
Something I see a lot of people post/make videos about are favorite Pokemon of a certain type. This added to my shock when I learned that nobody had posted about it yet. Well, I'm doing that now in the longest string of posts I've ever done. I'm asking the question: What is your favorite fully-evolved Pokemon from each type? Please leave your thoughts and vote and I'll leave off with mine. My favorite would definitely be Blissey, not only because it's a fantastic Pokemon in general, but also because it's just so freaking adorable!!

Oh gosh there's so many normal types I love, but I think I'm going for Persian because cats and I love its design with the jewel on its head.

Hmmm... I like quite a few but I picked a mono-normal type.
And that Normal type would be Furfrou because it's cute, fluffy (I like the un-groomed version), actually very strong and has an awesome shiny form!

Other favourites include Staraptor, Braviary, Meloetta, Pyroar, Cinccino, Lopunny, Persian, Delcatty and Furret.

I love Eevee if it counts xD (because fox things) it's always been a favorite of mine and a normal evolution would do it justice in my opinion.

Either Cinccino Persian for me. Probably lean towards Cinccino since it's more useful in battle.

My favorite normal type is Porygon, but out of the fully evolved ones my favorite is Purugly. I've always been a cat person, and purple is one of my favorite colors. Besides, for a Pokemon with the word "ugly" in its name, I think Purugly is actually pretty cute. :-D

For Normal type Pokémon, my preference would also be the Porygon line, specifically Porygon-Z as it has good move set versatility and the innate ability to break through most defensive Pokémon. Since the introduction of Evolite in Generation V, Porygon-Z has taken a backseat to its predecessor, Porygon2. It is quite ironic that the apex of the Porygon line is obsoleted by its predecessor in Competitive Pokémon.

I'm a big fan of Staraptor, cool looking, strong and close combat is good stuff.

Hardly a contest. Snorlax is the best Pokemon in general.

Diggersby is a close second, though.

I generally despise using normal types because I don't see anything really special in them (what constitutes as "Normal", exactly? Is everything else abnormal?), but I have a Chansey that's a TERRIFIC staller. I also use a choice, return, huge power Diggersby, but since he's half-ground, I don't think he counts that much.

I love so many different normal types, but pretty much from my signature you can tell that my favorite will normal type will forever remain Watchog - since the first time I saw it I fell in love with it, ever since it's been a regular in my teams, variety of TM's it can learn, it will usually have two or three moves that is super effective against a Pokemon who my own team will be weak too.

Aside from Watchog, who else do I like? - Zangoose, vaious felines (Persian, Pyroar, Purugly, Delcatty), Cinccino,the early normal types (Raticate, Furret, Linoone, Bibarel, & Diggersby),

Sawsbuck would probably have to be my favorite Normal-type, I really like its winter-form, and it's just a cool Pokémon overall. Pyroar, Braviary, Meloetta, Heliolisk, and Arceus all come pretty close.

Persian, by far. Huge cat lover here, so Meowth/Persian were always among my all-time favorites. (Meowth was also pretty cool in the anime.)

Persian was also a pretty great battler back in RBY, thanks to how Critical Hit mechanics worked back then. Sadly, not so much since then. (Mega Persian, please?)

I generally despise using normal types because I don't see anything really special in them (what constitutes as "Normal", exactly? Is everything else abnormal?), but I have a Chansey that's a TERRIFIC staller. I also use a choice, return, huge power Diggersby, but since he's half-ground, I don't think he counts that much.
Actually, I did include dual normal types on this poll.

My favorites are Eevee and Helioptile, respectively. However, since neither of them seem to count, I guess I'll choose Heliolosk, my number three.

My favorites are Eevee and Helioptile, respectively. However, since neither of them seem to count, I guess I'll choose Heliolosk, my number three.
Both mono and dual normal types do count, Heliolisk being one of them.

Pyroar is my all-time favorite normal-type since lions are my favorite animal. Furfrou is close second for that magnificent Dandy trim. There are others I really like like the Zigzagoon and Minccino families, but these 2 are at the top.

Zigzagoon and Vigoroth are my favourite Normal-types, but since they aren't options on the poll I'd probably give it to either Cinccino or Heliolisk. Most likely Cinccino, as I view Heliolisk as more of an Electric-type than Normal. Chinchillas are really cute and Cinccino is no different. It's also pretty fast and decently strong thanks to Skill Link.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom