• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

Favorite Player's Mother design?

PinkIceFox

PinkIceTales!
Reaction score
We have a thread for their sons and daughters, but how do people feel about the designs of the various mothers we've all had during the course of our pokemon adventures? Out of the ones that actually have official designs and not generic female NPC sprites anyway.

1. BW Mom/Grace
  2. SM Mom
  3. GS Mom
  4. Johanna
  5. B2W2 Mom
Black/White's Mom and Grace's designs make them look rather pretty and not gonna lie, I could see the Black/White Mom being as close to a Pokemon Version of my own mother so far. I'm neutral on Sun and Moon's mom for the most part but I love that she was a big meowth trainer when she was younger. Gold and Silver's mom (not HG/SS) has a weird quirkiness about her that I just can't hate. It's so different that it's good. I can totally see this woman stumbling through a pokemart and seeing something and going "Oh I bet my son/daughter would LOVE that".

I don't like Johanna. Thanks the anime I can see she has weirdly huge eyebrows. On top of that, in the anime and mangas she doesn't look any older than Dawn does! Ash's mom at least looks like she was 18 or so when she had Ash. And then there's the mom of Black2/White2. Suddenly Nate and Rosa's weird ass fashion sense and hair styling makes sense.

Nicolas721

Reaction score
All of them follow the young housewife stereotype to a T (even Grace, what a wasted opportunity), so I'm not really a fan. However, there are 3 that stand out:

1. GS: She looks quite unique.
  2. BW: She looks very pretty.
  3. SM: She looks very happy and embodies more personality than the others.

Camille

Call of Fate
Reaction score
Johanna, Black/White and HeartGold/SoulSilver ones look the most appealing to me.

Tactician Karina

pancakes, but no eggs
Reaction score
Johanna and SM/USM mom are the only ones I even remember due to their design, so those two I guess. Other moms in the games I don't care about/remember.

Silktree

Unown Seer
Reaction score
The GS mom is the only one that was useful. In terms of design, both Delia and her Origins counterpart are stellar.

Leaf_Ranger

Reaction score
I like Ethan's mother because she was the first to have an artwork, she saves my money and still goes shopping for useful items and dolls.

I think Hoenn's Mom is one of the most underrated mom because while in all others there's no husband nearby, in her case, Norman exists but rarely comes to visit...I think that Slaking is a good sign on how he's interested in their relation! :rolleyes:

Last but not least, I think B2W2 must be the poorest Mom, because our house is simply the poorest in all games and I felt like living in Aspertia poor "district". :ROFLMAO: