1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If your account is currently registered using an @aol.com, @comcast.net or @verizon.net email address, you should change this to another email address. These providers have been rejecting all emails from @bulbagarden.net email addresses, preventing user registrations, and thread/conversation notifications. If you have been impacted by this issue and are currently having trouble logging into your account, please contact us via the link at the bottom right hand of the forum home, and we'll try to sort things out for you as soon as possible.
  3. Bulbagarden has launched a new public Discord server. Click Here!

Favorite PokeBall..

Discussion in 'Pokémon Video Games' started by Kaguya, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Stratelier

Stratelier Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I also like the Premier Ball for being literally a re-colored Pokeball. The general difficulty in acquiring it means you want to conserve it for whatever you deem to be a special occasion -- not unlike the Master Ball.

2. jeremyml

jeremyml New Member

Blog Posts:
    My favorite are the regular Pokéball, the Fast Ball and the Cherish Ball. I like how the Pokéball looks, it's simple. The Fast Ball looks cool, and I like the lightning design on it. I like the Cherish Ball because it is rare and when a Pokémon is sent out of it, the animation is colorful and pretty.

3. Lone_Garurumon

Lone_Garurumon You must upgrade your plan to see this user

Blog Posts:
    In terms of function, my favourites are the Quick and Timer Balls. Quick is helpful since it will literally never fail on a large number of Pokemon provided you use it turn 1, and Timer is great for catching things like Legendaries, since the catch rate goes higher than any other ball bar a Quick on turn 1, or a Beast Ball on a UB.
    In terms of just general aesthetics, the Beast Ball's kinda cool, with its not-quite-circular design, and on a Pokemon like Porygon the effect becomes pretty cool. I think my favourite though is probably the Level Ball. Something about the red/black/orange design just clicks for me. Kinda sucks you can't get more than 1 in SM though.
    If we're going least favourite too, I'd probably say the Fast Ball. The sprite looks kinda cool with the orange shade, but when the game renders it it just looks like a crappy painted Pokeball, and the red on yellow clashes too much for me.

4. PkmnTrainerV

PkmnTrainerV Flame Trainer

Blog Posts:
    In terms of design it’s Beast Ball BY FAR. I wish we could change its colour though. A red Beast Ball would be the best thing ever imo.

Premier Ball is a close second, and was my favourite before Beast Ball came along.

5. Camille

Camille Member

Blog Posts:
    In terms of animation, my favourites are Premier Ball, Dusk Ball, Quick Ball, and Net Ball. In terms of usefulness, I find Dusk Ball, Quick Ball and (for legendaries) Timer Ball to be the most helpful, too bad the latter has such an unappealing animation.