• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite PokeBall..

Kaguya

Ha ha! I Died Again!
Reaction score
So which one is your favorite? I like Premier ball and Dive ball for its appearance.. Then followed by Quick Ball, mainly because of it's function..

Since I am on this.. You can find all the pattern of the PokeBall here.. If there's already a thread like this, then feel free to delete this one, I don't see one so far..

It really depends on what Pokémon it was used on, some look better with certain balls, such as matching colors or whatnot.

OMG my idea for a thread was completely ninja'd. I was so absolutely about to do this.

My favourites?

In Generation 2 it was the Moon Ball, Friend Ball, and Love Ball. Because they are adorable.

In Generation 3 it was the Luxury Ball and Premiere Ball. Repeat Ball gets a special mention for having an awesome animation when used.

Now, in Generation4, I love all four new Ball designs. Heal, Dusk, Cherish, and Quick. (Lol, lightning bolts.)

Just to prove what a super nerd I am, I even have a life-sized plastic Heal ball that pops open when I throw it around.

-To catch Pokémon-

In-game (RSEFRLGDPtHGSS):
-Luxury Ball (awesome design and animation).
-Premier Ball (see above).
-Timer Ball.
-Dive Ball (awesome animation and design in DPtHGSS).
-Cherish Ball.
-Dusk Ball (awesome design).
-Heal Ball.
-Nest Ball (I like the little hearts surrounding your Pokémon in RSEFRLG).

Colosseum/XD:
-Net Ball.
-Ultra Ball.
-Master Ball.
All three with good animation.

Battle Revolution:
-Premier Ball.
-Luxury Ball.
-Dive Ball.
-Quick Ball.
-Timer Ball.
All have good animation.

I'm a fan of the standard pokeball, though i do wish we could get them in alternate colors

Should've been a poll...

Anyway:
-Quick Ball
-Dusk Ball
-Ultra Ball
-Timer Ball
-Master Ball

In no particular order

Last edited:
Pokéball, Great Ball, Heavy Ball, Premier Ball, and Timer Ball. Wish they had a regular blue Poké Ball. Well they do it's the Great Ball, but it has those things on top.

Cherish Ball. <-- I wish we could use these
Premier Ball.

Lets see...

Kanto: The Poké Ball and Ultra Ball

The original Poké Ball will always have a special place. Ultra Balls are my main catching utilities.

Johto: Level Ball, Fast Ball, Heavy Ball

I like the Level for its nifty feature. Fast Balls will come in use against the roamers. They also look good on some Pokémon. I like the Heavy Ball's Design. And since most legendaries are quite heavy, it'll come in use aswell.

Hoenn: Luxury Ball, Premier Ball, Net Ball, Dive Ball, Repeat Ball, Timer Ball

Since my first region was Hoenn, I became quite fond of all of them. I'm not that much of a fan of the Nest Ball though. Luxury Balls are really cool and that happiness boost is useful aswell. The Premier Ball is very nice for special Pokémon likes its desc. says so. The effect that comes when it opens is also cool. Net Balls are nice, Dive Balls come in handy with Water-types and Repeat Balls are cool. Timer Balls are really useful when the battle stretches on for a long time.

Sinnoh: Dusk Ball, Cherish Ball, Quick Ball

I just love Dusk Balls. I use them all the time. Especially since I usually play in the night. Quick Balls are also useful since they almost always work when you use them the first time. Cherish Balls, though not normally obtainable, are still very cool.

Though, if I have to pick one out each it would be the Ultra Ball, the Fast Ball, the Premier Ball and the Dusk Ball. And out of them all the my most fav is the Premier Ball.

Premier Ball. It's plain, but it's also so pretty. I think I've only ever used one though, ever. I don't tend to buy original pokéballs in bulk much... The dive ball is also pretty too. <3

Aesthetics aside, my favourites are the quick and timer balls.

Premier Ball. It's plain, but it's also so pretty. I think I've only ever used one though, ever. I don't tend to buy original pokéballs in bulk much... The dive ball is also pretty too. <3

Aesthetics aside, my favourites are the quick and timer balls.
I usually buy 10 Poke Balls, and sell them back. They are sold for 200 and bought back for 100, no? That leaves Premier Balls at 1k, which is what most of the other balls cost.

Dusk Balls, Quick Balls and Net Balls. They have the highest catch rates, other than the Master Ball, of course.

I like all the ones from Gen 2, cept the fast, love, and compe balls.

All the designs look really cool!

I also enjoy the rarity of the cherish ball

In terms of use, and release animation, I'd have to say dusk balls. I usually end up capturing more Pokemon in one of those than I do in anything else. But as for Ball design, I absolutely LOVE Premier Balls. Something about the all white design with the red borderlines just clicks for me.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom