• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite PokeBall..

I always have Dusk Balls and Quick Balls handy. They're my favorites!
Also, the regular line of Pokeballs. I like the coloured lights coming out.

Dusk ball, because it is so amazingly useful for legendaries. Plus the opening animation for it is cool.

Johto: I've always liked the Love Balls, Moon Balls, and Friend balls. They had such a cute design.

Hoenn: Timer Balls, and Luxury Balls. Timer balls are amazing when going against legendaries and it might take a while to catch them. Luxury balls have a cool little design, and give a happiness boost, so that's a plus.

Sinnoh: Cherish Balls and Dusk Balls. Basically for design reasons.

Quick Balls are my favourite because they're very handy catching low leveled Pokemon. I really like the design of the Ultra Ball too.

Not sure. I never made much usage of special balls since there weren't too many legends running laps all over the whole region left and right in my Gold ROM, and since I played Ruby before any of the other Gen 3 games, I was too much of a newb to find much more to use than the three standard Pokeballs and Premierballs. FRLG was even more limited since the only special balls you acquire are things that you need to bring specific Pokemon for, but in later generations, I used a bit more than that.

In terms of design, I guess I like the Ultraball, Repeat ball, and Duskball. Since mass-cloning Masterballs never get old, I'd have liked it if they gave a better "entrance ceremony" when something pops out of it in Gen 4, as it is the ball that has no peer (well, save balls in the Palpark :D). The purple flash just doesn't do it for me, as it was among the highlights of the generation before.

In terms of function, since you were always limited to a single ball per day from Kurt, I never made much use of the special balls (and can't with my Gold version's battery goin' out), so that's one generation out.

Third gen, Nestballs, Great balls, and Ultraballs are all good,

In gen 4, I used Greatballs, Ultraballs, and Duskballs most often, and sometimes Repeat balls.

I always prefer the ol' standby, the Ultra Ball. As soon as they become available in a game, I make sure to stock up on plenty of 'em.

If there's legendaries to be had or a particularly hard-to-catch specimen, I keep a few Dusk Balls handy for such an occasion.

But much respect to Safari Balls. Do love the camouflage look. XD

Normally I use a combination of Dusk Balls and (in situations where those are no good) Ultra Balls. Most other types I use pretty infrequently, though I do use Net and Dive Balls reasonably often since there are so many water types.

However, once a game has a completed Pokedex, I switch from Ultra & Dusk to Repeat & Dusk, since by that point Repeat Balls have a 3x catch rate in all possible circumstances instead of Ultra's 2x.

By design, some of my favorites are the Quick Ball, Great Ball, Heavy Ball and Lure Ball. My favorites by function would have to be the Dusk Ball and Lure/Net Ball.

Hmmmmmm....... Premier ball, it's animation is cool and it´s desing is simple but pretty, I mean...
IT´S A WHITE BALL THAT RELEASES RED SPARKS!! :XD:

I try to catch with Premier Balls or Luxury balls as much as I can. They're so much cooler than Ultra Balls.

Dive Ball easily. From design and effect when you send out a Pokemon captured with it.

On a side note, I didn't like the fact that the Apricorn Ball Effects are just Poke Ball effects. They should of added an effect to them.

Premier, Heal, Cherish, and Love.

I like the Ultra Ball because it looks like Ethan's hat lol.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom