• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite PokeBall..

My favorites are a premier ball and the quick ball, I like the Ultra ball for it's function.

Ultra, it ALWAYS come in handy. I catch most of my legends with it if I don't/all ready used my Master. Moon, I love it design. Plus it comes in handy when I feel like breeding Jiggypuffs and Clefairies. Dive, I catch A LOT of water-types.

That's easy, Dusk Balls. I do most of my Pokémon catching at night because they work so well and their design is nice too. Quick Balls are also an essential for catching roamers and things you don't feel like battling.

Looks
Normal Pokeball

Functionality
Master Ball

Unique Functionality
Lure Ball

My Favorite
Normal Pokeball - It looks cool and it's the good old ball that's always with you and never let's you down.

I'm a fan of the standard pokeball, though i do wish we could get them in alternate colors

So seconded. Maybe Nintendo will allow some customisation someday. It's not a huge issue, but still, it'd be interesting...

And as for my favourite, uhm... I've actually never really given this serious thought, but I've always quite liked the Premier Ball, the inverted Poké Ball design's awesome.

I love the Ultra Ball, Heal Ball and the Timer Ball. All good and handy to have in my bag.

Timer Ball for legends, Quick Balls for wild pokemon, and moon balls for appearance.

Design wise, I like the Luxury and Premier ball. When I play the games I usually try to have all my party in Pokeballs though.

Function wise the dusk ball, net ball and timer ball are great.

Function-wise, the Quick Ball and Dusk Ball are my favorite. They've got really good catch rates and have saved my hide in various situations a few times. Namely when I encounter non SOS/Horde shinies, where the Quick Ball really shines for me. The Nest Ball is pretty good, too, especially since it got a boost this gen, making it more useful against low leveled Mons. But overall the Quick Ball is probably my top favorite, both in function and design.

In terms of purely design, the Premier Ball and Safari Ball have really nice designs. I would love to have most in-game gift Mons put in Premier Balls to show how special they are, since the Premier Ball is considered a "special" ball. Shame their catch rates tends to be dismal, plus obtaining a Premier Ball is back to the 10 Poke Ball gimmick again, and I so hate wasting cash on standard model Poke Ball. Gen VI really had a good idea, what with both the Ball Boutique in XY and that purchasing 10 of ANY ball would net you a Premier Ball in ORAS, which I appreciated.

I love pretty the design of pretty much any ball that uses the lower half. (Luxury, Beast, Quick, Dive, Heal) They tend to all have nice base designs, so using the entire ball is even cooler. The one exception is the Dusk Ball. The green on it just feels bizarre to me-it doesn't really go with the color scheme, and green isn't really related to caves or to night.

I feel like the Moon Ball could be a lot cooler if more effort was put into its design. It's just...a small moon on a blue Poke Ball. I want to like it-evolutionary based Poke Balls are a cool idea, and I love space-themed content in Pokemon-but it's just too simple.

The Premier Ball is my favourite type.

Shame their catch rates tends to be dismal, plus obtaining a Premier Ball is back to the 10 Poke Ball gimmick again, and I so hate wasting cash on standard model Poke Ball.

You could always purchase Pokeballs at the Thrifty Megamart. You purchase tham at half the price, which is $100, and you can then sell them back at $100. Alternatively, you could also use the Rotom Power-Bargain. This doesn't solve getting Premier Balls at a slow pace, however, getting Pokeballs at half the price and then selling them back for the same amount, means you are essentially getting Premier Balls for free.

In terms of design, the Beast Ball is my absolute favorite ball. It's just so... awesome, y'know?

Functionality tells a different story for me. I like using the Timer Ball the most, especially against Legendary Pokémon.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom