• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Pokémon from each region and favorite region?

Favorite region?

• Total voters
Kanto : Abra
Johto : Umbreon (Duh!)
Hoenn : Swellow
Sinnoh : Piplup
Unova : Blitzle
Kalos : Pangoro

And I would call it Unova as favorites among regions.

Favorite region is probably Kalos. I just love European architecture, and Europe in general.

Kanto: Cubone
Johto: Houndoom
Hoenn: Tropius
Sinnoh: Glaceon
Unova: Sawsbuck
Kalos: Fletchling

Favorite region is Hoen.

Kanto: Pidgeot because of its long flowy head feathers and noble design overall. I also like that it has high Pokeathlon stats.

Jhoto: Yanma and Quagsire. Yanma because I love dragonflies, it's actually a cute bug, it's swift, and I like Sonic Boom. Quagsire because it's so carefree and it lives in clean bodies of water (I've always loved rivers).

Hoen: Gardevoir because it's graceful, elegant, flowy, I like its type combination, and I also like that it looks like it might be a Grass type too.

Sinnoh: Carnivine because of it's over the top design with flowy limbs. I also think it's kool that it can levitate even though it's plant-like.

Unova: Swadloon because it looks like it's snuggled up in blankets which is something that I like to do.

Kalos: Delphox because I like it's flowy fur and it's type combination.

Alola: Cutiefly (so far) because it looks small, sweet, and swift. The whole sensing people's auras and happiness thing is also kool.

Last edited:
My favorite region is probably Unova.

Kanto: At this point, it's probably Raticate.

Johto: Typhlosion

Hoenn: Pelipper

Sinnoh: Gliscor

Unova: Unfezant or Chandelure

Kalos: Tyrantrum

Unova's my favorite too! Easy to navigate, and just so unique and breathtaking. It just... stands out more than all the other regions, particularly with its building design and modern looks.

Kanto: Vulpix or Dragonair. Kind of a toss up, but their designs have always really enchanted me more than their evolutions. Vulpix has a stunning feminine appearance that is quite original among Gen I designs with its strange bangs and red color (my favorite color). And Dragonair is a beautiful serpent with a jewel.

Johto: Espeon. Yet another feminine design with a jewel. I'm so predictable. Also, it reminds me of Carbuncle from Final Fantasy, my favorite summon.

Hoenn: Absol. It's black and white, a color scheme that I quite like. But is primarily on the outside. White fur that looks so soft and elegant.

Sinnoh: Luxray. What a standout design with great vibrant colors and a unique concept. They didn't just make it a stereotypical lion, but mixed in traits of a lynx.

Unova: Reshiram. Also my favorite legendary out of all of them. Features soft white fur and a mixture of features from all sorts of animals I like - canines, dragons, and birds. And those soothing blue eyes! When I first saw it, I was entranced.

Kalos: Braixen. Of course, this is also my favorite Pokemon of all time. Can't help but be in love with that little fox witch and heavily relate to it in spite of every other Pokemon. Sure, I think other Pokemon are more beautiful and elegant, but I find this one to be the most relatable and down to my level.

Kanto: I haven't really gotten that far into the gen 1 games, but I do have to say, so far it's Charmander. My Charamander's ember goes through practically everything in the early game.
Johto: I do like Ampharos quite a lot, due to its stats and good special attack, and powerful special attacking moves.
Hoenn: I know this is 2 Pokemon, but I do like the Eon duo quite a lot. Their good special stats and design, along with their movie Pokemon Heroes adds up to make them my favourite Pokemon in the entire series.
Sinnoh: I have not had that much experience in the Sinnoh games, but I do like the Lucario you receive in Pokemon XY.
Unova: Like a lot of the games in this list, I don't really have that much experience in these games, but I must say that I do like Virizion, due to the fact that Virizion can learn false swipe, making catching Pokemon much easier.
Kalos: I do like the pure badass design of Greninja, even though I chose Fennekin. I'd like to try out Greninja, and might even try trading a bred starter for a Froakie, so I can try out Greninja's stats.

As a bonus, even though this isn't a new Pokemon, my favourite Alolan Pokemon is the Alolan Raichu. I have hopes for the Alolan Raichu's stats, especially the special attack stat, a stat that electric type seems to be quite good in.

Hoenn and Unova are my favourite regions. Unova gets even better in B2W2... except Route 10 is gone. (snivel)

As for the Pokémon, I'll have to put my "Top 8" in bold. And I am just... not decisive enough with some of these anyway.

Kanto: Kangaskhan & Nidoqueen.
Johto: Meganium. Miltank.
Hoenn: Walrein. Salamence. Flygon.
Sinnoh: Hippowdon.
Unova: Alomomola. Mandibuzz. Keldeo.
Kalos: Diggersby.

Kanto - Pikachu
Johto - Gligar
Hoenn - Flygon/Swampert
Sinnoh - Gliscor
Unova - Simisage
Kalos - Greninja

Last edited:
My favorite region is Johto. I just really love the region itself. From high mountains covered in snow to wide spreads of water. Lake of Rage is my favorite place. Lots of great Pokemon there too!

Kanto: Dewgong (also my all time favorite Pokemon, Raichu is a very close second to the Kanto favorite though)
Johto: Ampharos (Typhlosion is a very very close second to the Johto Favorite. Sorry Piper, you may have been my first starter. but Birthday's (my Ampharos) just a little cooler)
Hoenn: Minun
Sinnoh: Luxray
Unova: Emolga (so what I like the cute electric types. also I don't like a lot of the gen 5 Pokemon)
Kalos: Meowstic (psychic cats are boss)

My current favorite Alola Pokemon (which is still subject to change as they all haven't been revealed yet)

I liked Unova, it's map was almost symmetrical, and I always knew what I was doing... The places in the region like the ruins, the PWT, and White Forest/ Black Tower, and most of all N's castle in both games. Unova Unova, we love ya.

Kanto - Articuno All the way.
Johto - Houndoom
Hoenn - Salamence/Milotic/Sharpedo
Sinnoh - Honchkrow/Leafeon
Unova - Zoroark (Oh the ability, Fantastic Concept)
Kalos - Aegislah/Pangoro

REGION
By Pokémon:
Sinnoh
By Content: Kalos
POKÉMON
Kanto:
Vulpix
Johto: Raikou
Hoenn: Banette
Sinnoh: Riolu
Unova: Dewott
Kalos: Sylveon

I have some updates. I think Kalos has the best locations and whatnot; but Sinnoh has the best Pokémon cause come on all those Legendaries.
Anyway...
Kanto: Nidoqueen
Johto: Umbreon/Espeon
Hoenn: Jirachi
Sinnoh: Lopunny or Regigigas or Arceus
Unova: Reshiram
Kalos: Braixen
Alola (so far): Litten, Lurantis, Togedemaru, or Rockruff
Obviously the ones with "or" are undecided.
There you go.

Fav region is johto cause great Pokemon and looking towns

Kanto: Dragonite
Johto: Umbreon
Hoenn: flygon/wailord
Sinnoh: Buizel
Unova:joltik
Kali's:helioptile

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is tough decision as I really enjoyed Gen IV's Johto. The Pokeathlon Dome and Battle Frontier alone are some of my favorite facilities in any generation. Plus the ability to have your Pokemon walk behind you in-game, the PokeWalker accessory, and various calendar/night/day pokemon and events were great additions. However, I have to say that Kanto is my favorite region overall because I love the locations, history, Pokemon, and Battle Chateau!

Kanto: Mewtwo
Johto: Smeargle
Hoenn: Salamence
Sinnoh: Yanmega
Unova: Hydreigon
Kalos: Noivern

Last edited:
Unova beats the tar out of everything else. Sinnoh and Kalos put up a decent fight but they still get knocked out. Unova just has so many great locations (several of which have multiple appearances due to seasons, which make the world feel very alive), brilliant musical tracks to go with those (with the lovely additional touches like the drums when you're walking or the musician NPCs), and so much history. Not hyper-ancient, creation-of-the-universe stuff but real, tangible history that is known and documented, and I am much more interested in that stuff than in the kind of mythic history that you find in Sinnoh.

As for the Pokémon...

Kanto: Haunter or Pidgeot.
Johto: Dunsparce or Quagsire.
Hoenn: Mega Gardevoir. (If that counts - I like regular Gardevoir, but not enough to call it my favorite. So if Mega Gardevoir by itself doesn't count, then I'll go with Shedinja.)
Sinnoh: Torterra.
Unova: Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem (As a trio - I really love the themes and contrasts in their designs, which all sort of work together. And technically they're all one Pokémon anyway so ha.)
Kalos: Greninja or Hoopa Unbound.
Alola: Xurkitree, although if I can count that as a different "region" on account of it not being from this dimension, then I'd say Torracat or Mimikyu.

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of the older generations. Right now my favorite is tied between Johto and Hoenn.

Kanto: Mewtwo
Johto: Totodile
Hoenn: Gardevoir
Sinnoh: Luxray
Unova: ???
Kalos: ???

Johto. The atmosphere, the music. Such a beautiful region.

Kanto: Lapras
Johto: Typhlosion
Hoenn: Gardevoir
Sinnoh: Lucario
Unova: Leavanny
Kalos: Sylveon

Favorite region is a toss up between Johto's peaceful and traditional look and Unova's energetic and modernized look.
For favorite pokemon it's hard to pick 1 so I'll pick 2

Gen 1: Venusaur and Dragonite
Gen 2: Tyranitar and Scizor
Gen 3: Swampert and Salamence
Gen 4: Lucario and Infernape
Gen 5: Ferrothorn and Hydreigon
Gen 6: Sylveon and Aegislash

as for gen 7 currently I really like both forms of Lycanroc and if the chinese leak is real then Rowlet's final stage (the archer owl) is gonna be one of my favorite designs in general.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom